Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jalen Suggs McDonalds All American

Default Jalen Suggs McDonalds All American

Congrats Jalen! Can’t wait to see you at GU!

Great news.

Any reason it would say undecided under the college heading? He did commit right? Is this just lazy on their part or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Great news.

Any reason it would say undecided under the college heading? He did commit right? Is this just lazy on their part or something else?

Great news.

He has verbally committed. He cannot officially sign until the next signing period. BTW signing is not mandatory.

"thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

I'm sure they'll say where during the TV broadcast of the game. Great publicity for us!

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    +! CLASSIC!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Great news.

I pulled this link from the Suggs thread in in the Whelping Box, that was originally posted by VandalZag. Credit to Vandal for the link.

Anyway, on this link, it does show Suggs at least with the GU name beside him.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ley-142631594/

6 from California on the roster.

Academies/prep schools are heavily represented as well.

Nice haul for Graves at Oregon with 5 McD's committed.

UK, NC, Dook.....the usual suspects. No non P5 school listed. For now. Shoe companies call the shots.

In my ignorance, Oregon with 5 seems like outpunching their weight.

ETA: congrats to Mr Suggs! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

They've been near the top of the womens rankings for a few years now and did beat the US womens national team earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

There are worse places to go to school and hang out playing ball - near every other place, come to think of it, GU, UCLA, GU, UCSB are just a couple that come to mind.

Congrats, Jalen. Now, come win a NC here and live forever in WA lore, like Edgar, Jr. Don James, Stockton, and, well, Few.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    UK, NC, Dook.....the usual suspects. No non P5 school listed. For now. Shoe companies call the shots.
    Most sites reporting on this list Suggs as committed to Gonzaga, which is a non P-5. Out of the 24 players, only 4 fall outside of the top 24 in the ESPN 100, so pretty much just picked by ranking. But I guess those players should have been penalized for choosing a top basketball school and the #67 player going to Houston or the #95 player going to South Florida should be picked. Unless you consider the American conference not low enough, then perhaps someone outside the top 100 should get this prestigious honor, even though they in no way deserve it. Quit whining.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Most sites reporting on this list Suggs as committed to Gonzaga, which is a non P-5. Out of the 24 players, only 4 fall outside of the top 24 in the ESPN 100, so pretty much just picked by ranking. But I guess those players should have been penalized for choosing a top basketball school and the #67 player going to Houston or the #95 player going to South Florida should be picked. Unless you consider the American conference not low enough, then perhaps someone outside the top 100 should get this prestigious honor, even though they in no way deserve it. Quit whining.
    Why do you perceive this as whining? Try to expand your small mind.

Big fan of Suggs, yet he's so going pro. At least according to his family.

I have remained hopeful yet talking with fellow parents of kids on Minnehaha Academy, teammates of Jalen, it doesnt sound good.

From Jalen's point of view, it seems great, he speaks fondly of playing for Gonzaga, alongside his friends, Julian and Dom. All seems on track.

Then, it comes to his parents. The people closest to them. They make it sound as if Gonzaga is their son's favorite team and nothing more. Not "if" but "when" they find the right fit/offer in NBL or ABL.

Clearly two very different tunes from Jalen himself to the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why do you perceive this as whining? Try to expand your small mind.
    You're complaining that no non P5 recruits are in the game and that the blue bloods are well represented. I guess I feel Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and Kansas are usually all really good every year because they get the best recruits every year and that's probably why they have a lot of players in this game every year. Please help my small mind understand the conspiracy by pointing out some deserving mid major recruits who were clearly snubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

I have remained hopeful yet talking with fellow parents of kids on Minnehaha Academy, teammates of Jalen, it doesnt sound good.

From Jalen's point of view, it seems great, he speaks fondly of playing for Gonzaga, alongside his friends, Julian and Dom. All seems on track.

Then, it comes to his parents. The people closest to them. They make it sound as if Gonzaga is their son's favorite team and nothing more. Not "if" but "when" they find the right fit/offer in NBL or ABL.

Wow.

If this is anywhere close to true as a possibility in Jalen's mind (I hope it's not!) then there's a wildly capacious definition of "commit" being used in the phrase "GU Commit".

His parents understandably want what's best for his career as a pro. Playing at GU would do so much more for his long term goals then getting a little money out of country for a year. I'm sure his folks aren't stupid.
    Edit to add: Congrats Jalen!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

All this chatter, plus 2 recruiting gurus changing their crystal ball predictions to going pro, has me a little less optimistic.
    I will be bummed if he doesn’t wear a Zag uni. I know others would have stronger reactions.

(Fingers crossed)

Nice to have him but if he wants to go pro, he should be letting us know soon because we’ll need to find someone else. The other two are sufficient but the ethics of the situation are beginning to stink up the place if “Raise” is correct. I’m thinking Few knows all this.

I dunno, as GU fans i just think we're not used to "this type" of uncertainty because of the caliber of the player. I think we should all agree it's generally a good problem to have.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Lot of conjecture here. Hope it’s wrong.