Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Hunter Sallis

Coach Cal will use the pitch, I will get you to the league in a hurry. If Sallis falls for this pitch and watched how bad Kentucky offense is, then are you sure he is Zag material. He surely will not or Coach Few would not be on him so hard. These recruiting experts refuse to believe that a top player would want to go to a small school like Gonzaga, so they keep pushing the big schools. This is why it is virtually impossible for a small school to win the ncaa championship. The ncaa makes so much more money if a big school wins, and the ncaa is all about money and that is all. Them not doing anything to Kansas for all their cheating and burning Pacific for some crap that didn't amount to anything, is a perfect example. The Zag game against North Carolina and the one against Texas Tech are also examples of this. The Zags should have won the championship both years, but were not allowed to. Still another example is last year is when the Zags won 2 games by 73 points and dropped in the polls. Heck I remember when duke lost and they moved up in the polls. Well I wont rant anymore, so hope you are all doing as well as I am.
    Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 12-02-2020 at 03:19 PM.

I hope Hunter waits until after this month before verbalizing..."IF" GU wins tonight, and against Baylor and Iowa this month, I would be hard pressed to believe he signs with anyone else...just my thoughts BUT then again these are teenagers and who knows what "trips their trigger!"

After watching WVU vs SDSU I was not very impressed and think this game is going to be a blow-out...just don't see how they can keep our pace for 40 minutes...JMHO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ken...247586635.html

247 recruiting director Eric Bossi, "I think Kentucky has certainly got a good shot. I made a Crystal Ball pick for them quite a while ago. But it’s not a situation where I feel like, ‘Oh yeah, they’re a lock. They’re#the#team to beat.’ I think them, North Carolina, Gonzaga — I think Gonzaga is a sneaky one to watch in there."

Kentucky, ha ha.

if the recruiting dead period keeps getting extended and sallis is unable to visit any additional schools like kentucky, the zags chances certainly go up...he's been pretty adamant that he doesn't want to commit without a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Kentucky, ha ha.
    I have to hand to Cal for not quitting for no reason.

Practice is a good thing!
    Parlez-vous français?

Will the success of Suggs this season bring more 5* recruits like Hunter?

Another season changing player.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1340678594658529281

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IMHO Yes....it will. But winning on the National stage will as well. NCAA Men's National Champs will do more.

Zagnut 2012

Some fun drama happening at UK now, with Cal blasting Cam'Ron Fletcher on Twitter.

I wonder if all these so-called experts still think that Salis is going to North Carolina or Kentucky now ? North Carolina is really bad and Kentucky is a total train wreck, and here in Kentucky everyone is having a fit, and Calipari is having all kinds of words with the fans. I am no expert but I can't see Salis going to one of these programs, when he can come here to a stable environment, and play for the probable number one team in the country next year. Holmgren, Perry, Salis, and Gregg, wouldn't be a bad calss, would it ?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Some fun drama happening at UK now, with Cal blasting Cam'Ron Fletcher on Twitter.
    Do we need a world class athlete ? Fletcher is available, he just quit Kentucky. He couldn'd fit in at Kentucky, because he can make a shot every once in a while. I saw this when he was in high school. He never got a chance at Kentucky, because Calipari has to play his 5 stars. The Zags have plenty of shooters, but are lacking in world class athletes. Just throwing this out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Do we need a world class athlete ? Fletcher is available, he just quit Kentucky. He couldn'd fit in at Kentucky, because he can make a shot every once in a while. I saw this when he was in high school. He never got a chance at Kentucky, because Calipari has to play his 5 stars. The Zags have plenty of shooters, but are lacking in world class athletes. Just throwing this out there.
    I haven't read anywhere that he has left the program. He's been suspended.

And Quit the team. For the first time since Calipari has been at Kentucky he gave a player hell in the media. Calipari is also into it with the fans. The program is a mess at this time. Recruiting 5 star athletes with no basketball skills has finally caught up with him. He plays his 5 stars over skill players every time. This has ruined team chemistry. I just can't see a player like Salis throwing himself into a mess like this. Remember, I am here in Kentucky and hear about this every day. I am telling you it is a total mess. Calipari's lack of x and o knowledge of the game is finally showing up. He also hires his buddies as assistants and not someone that actually has x and o knowledge. He just hires his budies who were failures at other schools, and refuses to replace them. I don't know if Fletcher has an attitude that would fit in at Gonzaga or not, but he is a world class athlete. I was just throwing this out here.

And Quit the team. For the first time since Calipari has been at Kentucky he gave a player hell in the media. Calipari is also into it with the fans. The program is a mess at this time. Recruiting 5 star athletes with no basketball skills has finally caught up with him. He plays his 5 stars over skill players every time. This has ruined team chemistry. I just can't see a player like Salis throwing himself into a mess like this. Remember, I am here in Kentucky and hear about this every day. I am telling you it is a total mess. Calipari's lack of x and o knowledge of the game is finally showing up. He also hires his buddies as assistants and not someone that actually has x and o knowledge. He just hires his budies who were failures at other schools, and refuses to replace them. I don't know if Fletcher has an attitude that would fit in at Gonzaga or not, but he is a world class athlete. I was just throwing this out here.
    calipari for all his faults isn't known for being a coach to throw a player under the bus, so that might be saying something about fletcher...but that's pure speculation. zags are highly selective in who they recruit, but at the same time have been known to give second chances...or even third and fourth. micah downs, eric mcclellan come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    calipari for all his faults isn't known for being a coach to throw a player under the bus, so that might be saying something about fletcher...but that's pure speculation. zags are highly selective in who they recruit, but at the same time have been known to give second chances...or even third and fourth. micah downs, eric mcclellan come to mind.
    It is speculation, but the limit on schollies comes into play as well.
    If we are hoping for Sallis and Holmgren, there just aren't enough spots, even if Zacharov and Arlauskas transfer out.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It is speculation, but the limit on schollies comes into play as well.
    If we are hoping for Sallis and Holmgren, there just aren't enough spots, even if Zacharov and Arlauskas transfer out.
    Looking at the latest version of the schollie chart and I doubt that Suggs & Ayayi will be here next year; that is two spots right off the bat.

247 posted an article today that said the Zags have emerged as one of the leaders. They got their first and he the “most confident” crystal ball prediction this morning. The first one for the zags. Things are heading in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    247 posted an article today that said the Zags have emerged as one of the leaders. They got their first and he the “most confident” crystal ball prediction this morning. The first one for the zags. Things are heading in the right direction
    Jerry Meyer just flipped his pick to the Zags too!

https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/st...699678720?s=20

Travis out front with his Crystal Ball pick for Hunter Sallis. I have changed my pick. VIP story.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Jerry Meyer just flipped his pick to the Zags too!

https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/st...699678720?s=20
    Jerry is usually spot on. So I’m
    Loving this.

If AN returned, and Chet comes with sallis...

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Jerry is usually spot on. So I’m
    Loving this.

If AN returned, and Chet comes with sallis...

Does anyone have any idea what the article says? I’m obviously not a VIP.
    Where’s Caldwell when you need him?

Link: https://twitter.com/heatcheckhoops/s...054792193?s=21

2021 5�� Hunter Sallis (@HunterSallis_) has picked up two crystal ball predictions for @ZagMBB via @247Sports
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Essentially that Gonzaga has emerged as the new leader. Speaks of the important impact of being able to be on campus and meet the coaches in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Essentially that Gonzaga has emerged as the new leader. Speaks of the important impact of being able to be on campus and meet the coaches in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...06#post1525406

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...08#post1502308

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Caldwell actually pointed this out to everyone on his site a couple weeks ago