Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Hunter Sallis

Welcome to Spokane Hunter Sallis. Hope you have a fantastic visit and Zags put on a great show for you tonight!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Have we heard any feedback on this visit?
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

I have no insight whatsoever, but watched he and his parents quite a bit at the game. His parents seem like very nice people, to the extent one can extrapolate that from observing at a basketball game. They, particularly the mom, smiled easily and often, and were well engaged in the game and crowd. The Kennel Club, or at least some of them, gave two “We want Hunter” cheers, to the delight of Hunter and his parents. Hunter was more engaged in the crowd and game than most recruits I’ve seen. He has some serious Zag hair, and a pleasant, sweet smile. A lady sitting behind him put her hands on his shoulders several times in conversation and he appeared very polite in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    He has some serious Zag hair, and a pleasant, sweet smile.
    I love that this is a thing.

Ballo is the only one carrying the torch right now.

He posted this on Twitter a little while ago:

Hunter Sallis
    @HunterSallis_
    ·
    10m
    Blessed to have received an offer from Gonzaga University. #UnitedWeZag
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

As a techno-troglodyte, I appreciate you Twitter-philes combing thru the twitterverse and other social media and sharing what Zag-related materials you find with us!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I love that this is a thing.

Ballo is the only one carrying the torch right now.
    Watty has a good head o zag hair

Great visit. We are in an amazing spot with him. He very easily could be the second commit in the 2021 class.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Great visit. We are in an amazing spot with him. He very easily could be the second commit in the 2021 class.
    Great news!

I just took the time to watch the first scouting video on this kid and he looks good. He will continue to mature and add strength so I don't really worry about that. He has a nice build and is pretty fluid as a player. Doesn't seem to be afraid of taking it to the rim and I've seen three Eurostep moves in what I've watched that look natural. He would be a nice compliment to the 2021 class that seems to have quite a few bigs as the top targets.

One question I have is whether he is really 6'5" as he seemed much closer to 6'2"-6'3" to me (not that it is a bad height either).

Any indication on timing?

Default Top-60 Guy (#56)

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

He's currently #31 in 247 Sport's rankings, I'd argue they're much more accurate on their rankings than ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    He's currently #31 in 247 Sport's rankings, I'd argue they're much more accurate on their rankings than ESPN.
    Also worth adding that rating hasn't been updated since September, so with all the recent hype he's getting I'd imagine that moves up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I just took the time to watch the first scouting video on this kid and he looks good. He will continue to mature and add strength so I don't really worry about that. He has a nice build and is pretty fluid as a player. Doesn't seem to be afraid of taking it to the rim and I've seen three Eurostep moves in what I've watched that look natural. He would be a nice compliment to the 2021 class that seems to have quite a few bigs as the top targets.

One question I have is whether he is really 6'5" as he seemed much closer to 6'2"-6'3" to me (not that it is a bad height either).
    I just spoke to someone close to this recruitment. The visit was terrific. He said Hunter is 6'4+ right now and still growing. Fingers crossed, he would be a great add.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I just spoke to someone close to this recruitment. The visit was terrific. He said Hunter is 6'4+ right now and still growing. Fingers crossed, he would be a great add.
    The hair puts him at about 6'8!! Hope we can add him in the very near future.

Thanks guys, he definitely looks like a kid that will be quite a player as he matures.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I remember when Kelly Olynyk had his late growth spurt and he still thought of himself as a guard. :-)

I love seeing the responses that show Hunter as being polite and respectful. Definitely a common trait among Zags and one that sets them apart.

I hope he signs with us as he looks like he'd be a perfect fit.

wonder if between sallis and harris there might be enough ballhandling to not need a pure point...

Hunter is a newly minted 5 star PG on Rivals (up to #20 overall):
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...-sallis-233029
    Welcome to Zagdom

Commitment soon caldwell?

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Commitment soon caldwell?
    Really really high level of interest by both Hunter and his parents. I have to think we hear something relatively soon, when exactly I am not sure.

Really really high level of interest by both Hunter and his parents. I have to think we hear something relatively soon, when exactly I am not sure.
    Thanks as always.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...683083269?s=19

Five-star junior Hunter Sallis talks his recruitment with @Stockrisers, listed 10+ programs that are currently involved with him. In addition, he says he will visit Louisville sometime this month.

Here is what I KNOW about the kid (and I will be honest ... I haven’t opened a single link).

He (ie Hunter) “recruited” us. Insisted on visiting. After the heavy push (and a little homework) the “Interest” became mutual.

There’s a good chance this guy was born to be a Zag. And we didn’t know until he told us.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ