Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Hunter Sallis

Default 2021 Hunter Sallis

More to come soon, but a huge weekend coming up for the Zags. I have to get to work and just got off the phone with my contact, but speculate away.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    More to come soon, but a huge weekend coming up for the Zags. I have to get to work and just got off the phone with my contact, but speculate away.
    oh man you pushed me to the cliff and then walk away

are you saying he is coming for official visit this weekend for Pacific game? Or something more
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

No idea how to link it, but Hunter confirmed on his Instagram story that he'll be visiting Gonzaga this weekend. His IG page below:

https://www.instagram.com/hunterxsallis/

6'4 165lbs
    Rivals #47, #8 for 2021 guards, ESPN #83
    4 star, long arms, not sure on his averages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUv6zA_ah5E

[snip] - LTownZag pointed out my lack of reading skills

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Rivals is saying he's a PG, but ESPN says SG. Assuming he's a PG or combo-guard, and combining the recent Suggs crystal ball reports from Jerry Meyers, I'm certainly inclined to think that Suggs is going pro after all.
    Sallis is 2021 HS grad
    Suggs is 2020 HS Grad

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Sallis is 2021 HS grad
    Suggs is 2020 HS Grad
    Yeah...i'm an idiot.

I did leave you all hanging, but looks like you found out without me having to say. I hinted at Hunter a few weeks ago, Powell has been working hard on him. Tommy went to see him and was very impressed, which has lead to this visit taking place. Hunter is very high on Gonzaga and if someone would commit this weekend it would be him. This has NOTHING to do with Suggs.

It’s good to hear that it has nothing to do with Suggs. As noted by several folks, the Zags are light on guards with or without Suggs, so recruiting more guards should not imply that he’s going elsewhere.

I did leave you all hanging, but looks like you found out without me having to say. I hinted at Hunter a few weeks ago, Powell has been working hard on him. Tommy went to see him and was very impressed, which has lead to this visit taking place. Hunter is very high on Gonzaga and if someone would commit this weekend it would be him. This has NOTHING to do with Suggs.
    thank you I have now stepped back from the edge of the cliff and I would LOVE this young man and what his skill set is
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

We are certainly recruiting a different kind of athlete these days! How fun is this?!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    We are certainly recruiting a different kind of athlete these days! How fun is this?!
    Completely agree! You should watch some of the poster dunks Hunter has WOW!!!

Completely agree! You should watch some of the poster dunks Hunter has WOW!!!
    Oh I did!

Quick question for you, any interest in Shareef O’Neill?

I maintain a real soft spot for Iowa's Grant Gibbs, so give me another mid-westerner any day!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Dominick Harris and Hunter Sallis... That's a backcourt! That would be fun! And what if, what if Suggs stays for more than 1 year? Dang!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Dominick Harris and Hunter Sallis... That's a backcourt! That would be fun! And what if, what if Suggs stays for more than 1 year? Dang!!!
    I know early in the recruiting I thought Suggs may stay for more than 1 year, but at this point he is 99.9% a lock for a one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Oh I did!

Quick question for you, any interest in Shareef O’Neill?
    Not sure. I know Twitter was full of Gonzaga stuff this morning. I (my opinion here) think he would be a good fit and Few/Co would be great for him, but we have such a huge amount of talent down low not sure he would want to come. I have not talked to anyone about him, so I will do some digging.

Not sure. I know Twitter was full of Gonzaga stuff this morning. I (my opinion here) think he would be a good fit and Few/Co would be great for him, but we have such a huge amount of talent down low not sure he would want to come. I have not talked to anyone about him, so I will do some digging.
    Zags do have success with sons of hall of famers

Shareef's school list doesn't look it would belong to someone who would consider us, but I'm not an expert:

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Sh...ruitInterests/

Sallis is one of my favorite prospects to watch. When I first heard his name pop up I started watching film and with Dom and him together it will be fun to watch.

Wouldn't that be something.. we'd have "Baby Shaq" (Ballo) and Shaq's kid … .HaHa

Goodman tweeted earlier this morning that he didn't think O'Neal was actually good enough to play for UCLA. If tat is in fact the case then he's not good enough for GU either. IN the end, I would trust Few and Co over Goodman any day of the week

What is the deal with Shaq's kid ? Is he leaving UCLA ? If he is not good enough to play at UCLA, then he must not be very good, because the bruins are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    What is the deal with Shaq's kid ? Is he leaving UCLA ? If he is not good enough to play at UCLA, then he must not be very good, because the bruins are awful.
    Wikipedia is free.

Caldy, what are the odds on a verbal this weekend?