Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 131

Thread: 2021 Hunter Sallis

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default 2021 Hunter Sallis

    More to come soon, but a huge weekend coming up for the Zags. I have to get to work and just got off the phone with my contact, but speculate away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    More to come soon, but a huge weekend coming up for the Zags. I have to get to work and just got off the phone with my contact, but speculate away.
    oh man you pushed me to the cliff and then walk away

    are you saying he is coming for official visit this weekend for Pacific game? Or something more
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    90

    Default

    No idea how to link it, but Hunter confirmed on his Instagram story that he'll be visiting Gonzaga this weekend. His IG page below:

    https://www.instagram.com/hunterxsallis/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    6'4 165lbs
    Rivals #47, #8 for 2021 guards, ESPN #83
    4 star, long arms, not sure on his averages

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUv6zA_ah5E

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    [snip] - LTownZag pointed out my lack of reading skills

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Rivals is saying he's a PG, but ESPN says SG. Assuming he's a PG or combo-guard, and combining the recent Suggs crystal ball reports from Jerry Meyers, I'm certainly inclined to think that Suggs is going pro after all.
    Sallis is 2021 HS grad
    Suggs is 2020 HS Grad

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Sallis is 2021 HS grad
    Suggs is 2020 HS Grad
    Yeah...i'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,577

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    I did leave you all hanging, but looks like you found out without me having to say. I hinted at Hunter a few weeks ago, Powell has been working hard on him. Tommy went to see him and was very impressed, which has lead to this visit taking place. Hunter is very high on Gonzaga and if someone would commit this weekend it would be him. This has NOTHING to do with Suggs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,082

    Default

    It’s good to hear that it has nothing to do with Suggs. As noted by several folks, the Zags are light on guards with or without Suggs, so recruiting more guards should not imply that he’s going elsewhere.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I did leave you all hanging, but looks like you found out without me having to say. I hinted at Hunter a few weeks ago, Powell has been working hard on him. Tommy went to see him and was very impressed, which has lead to this visit taking place. Hunter is very high on Gonzaga and if someone would commit this weekend it would be him. This has NOTHING to do with Suggs.
    thank you I have now stepped back from the edge of the cliff and I would LOVE this young man and what his skill set is
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    We are certainly recruiting a different kind of athlete these days! How fun is this?!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    We are certainly recruiting a different kind of athlete these days! How fun is this?!
    Completely agree! You should watch some of the poster dunks Hunter has WOW!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Completely agree! You should watch some of the poster dunks Hunter has WOW!!!
    Oh I did!

    Quick question for you, any interest in Shareef O’Neill?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    I maintain a real soft spot for Iowa's Grant Gibbs, so give me another mid-westerner any day!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Dominick Harris and Hunter Sallis... That's a backcourt! That would be fun! And what if, what if Suggs stays for more than 1 year? Dang!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Dominick Harris and Hunter Sallis... That's a backcourt! That would be fun! And what if, what if Suggs stays for more than 1 year? Dang!!!
    I know early in the recruiting I thought Suggs may stay for more than 1 year, but at this point he is 99.9% a lock for a one and done.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Oh I did!

    Quick question for you, any interest in Shareef O’Neill?
    Not sure. I know Twitter was full of Gonzaga stuff this morning. I (my opinion here) think he would be a good fit and Few/Co would be great for him, but we have such a huge amount of talent down low not sure he would want to come. I have not talked to anyone about him, so I will do some digging.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not sure. I know Twitter was full of Gonzaga stuff this morning. I (my opinion here) think he would be a good fit and Few/Co would be great for him, but we have such a huge amount of talent down low not sure he would want to come. I have not talked to anyone about him, so I will do some digging.
    Zags do have success with sons of hall of famers

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Shareef's school list doesn't look it would belong to someone who would consider us, but I'm not an expert:

    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Sh...ruitInterests/

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Sallis is one of my favorite prospects to watch. When I first heard his name pop up I started watching film and with Dom and him together it will be fun to watch.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not sure. I know Twitter was full of Gonzaga stuff this morning. I (my opinion here) think he would be a good fit and Few/Co would be great for him, but we have such a huge amount of talent down low not sure he would want to come. I have not talked to anyone about him, so I will do some digging.
    Wouldn't that be something.. we'd have "Baby Shaq" (Ballo) and Shaq's kid … .HaHa

    Goodman tweeted earlier this morning that he didn't think O'Neal was actually good enough to play for UCLA. If tat is in fact the case then he's not good enough for GU either. IN the end, I would trust Few and Co over Goodman any day of the week

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    395

    Default

    What is the deal with Shaq's kid ? Is he leaving UCLA ? If he is not good enough to play at UCLA, then he must not be very good, because the bruins are awful.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    What is the deal with Shaq's kid ? Is he leaving UCLA ? If he is not good enough to play at UCLA, then he must not be very good, because the bruins are awful.
    Wikipedia is free.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Caldy, what are the odds on a verbal this weekend?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •