Thread: New ESPN Lunardi Brackets (1-21-20) are out

Default New ESPN Lunardi Brackets (1-21-20) are out

This is a bracket that certain caught my attention. Gonzaga remains in the West second. They remain the second #1 seed. San Diego St is no longer #2 seed in the West Region but has been moved, as the fourth #1 seed, to the East Region. Florida St is the #2 seed in the West Region and Duke is the #2 seed in the East Region. The 4th and 5th seeds in the West Region are Kentucky and Oregon. If this holds that would be a really tough game in the Sweet 16. I'm not sure why Joe Moved Colorado to the East Region because he indicates that their status on Brackets remains the same. Moving them to the East, seems to indicated that he is dropping them at least a little. Furthermore, he has Marquette as the 8th seed in the West and West Virginia as the #3 seed in the West. I'm not sure how you feel, but to me Joe seems to be stacking some pretty darn tough teams out West. I'm glad that things most likely will look different in March.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Last edited by GoZags; 01-21-2020 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Edited to add link so folks can follow Reborn's discussion
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I'm surprised he has Stanford as an #8 seed; I thought they would be a whole lot higher than that.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I'm surprised he has Stanford as an #8 seed; I thought they would be a whole lot higher than that.
    I'm kinda fired up to see Illinois on the 9 line. We did a semi-swap with those guys ... i.e. our Stephen Gentry is now on their bench as an Assistant Coach and Roger Powell, Jr. is on our bench as an Assistant Coach (and doing a GREAT job, btw).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

SDSU as a top seed is a travesty...one that will never actually occur.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    SDSU as a top seed is a travesty...one that will never actually occur.
    And if the Aztecs bump the Zags off of the #1 line, then I will dye my hair blue, and then light it on fire.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    And if the Aztecs bump the Zags off of the #1 line, then I will dye my hair blue, and then light it on fire.
    Only way Zags drop off top line is because of the Zags. They'll have to trip up to lose that spot. Aztecs SOS is actually better than the Zags as of right now (per Kenpom)
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

- cannot believe joe gives 11 spots to the big 10.
    - I know they are good, but 11 of 14 teams make the tourney, no way 8th, 9th and 10th place teams in the top 64.
    - besides it would make the tourney so much more fun if the smaller conferences such as the wcc got more than just one team in........not sure how much longer byu and st. Mary's can hold on if they each get beat by us twice and slip up against another conference member.

- ohio state at 6, no way, they are like next to last in their conference right now. maybe they turn things around and start to rise, maybe they have the talent, but as of today, nope.

If SD State ends up getting the #1 seed in the west, I'd rather we get the #2 and play in LA than be a #1 and go elsewhere

Joe does a good job of predicting teams that make the tournament, but he does not do a great job of seeding and regions. That is extremely hard to do and he does his best. March will tell us more, but we have to take care of business from here on out to be the #1 out West.

Michigan would be a bad matchup for SMC.

I believe BYU would beat LSU.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - cannot believe joe gives 11 spots to the big 10.
    - I know they are good, but 11 of 14 teams make the tourney, no way 8th, 9th and 10th place teams in the top 64.
    - besides it would make the tourney so much more fun if the smaller conferences such as the wcc got more than just one team in........not sure how much longer byu and st. Mary's can hold on if they each get beat by us twice and slip up against another conference member.

- ohio state at 6, no way, they are like next to last in their conference right now. maybe they turn things around and start to rise, maybe they have the talent, but as of today, nope.
    Ohio State benefited greatly from trashing UNC before everyone realized how bad the Tar Heels are this year. But by the time everyone caught on to UNC, the narrative of Ohio State being a "great team" had already been established.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Joe does a good job of predicting teams that make the tournament, but he does not do a great job of seeding and regions. That is extremely hard to do and he does his best. March will tell us more, but we have to take care of business from here on out to be the #1 out West.
    100% spot on.

He does a good job predicting who gets in the larger field but a few years ago his accuracy as to what team makes to the sweet 16 is not accurate. Anything beyond the round of 32 is iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    He does a good job predicting who gets in the larger field but a few years ago his accuracy as to what team makes to the sweet 16 is not accurate. Anything beyond the round of 32 is iffy.
    i doubt there is any "expert" out there that is consistently accurate...there is a reason there has never been a perfect bracket in the history of bracketology...