Thread: Dave Flemming

Default Dave Flemming

I meant to post this earlier but got side tracked. Just wanted to give Flemming a tip of the cap. He is becoming one of my favorite announcers for college basketball. he has a nice easy going style and doesn't miss much even when he has been sidetracked. Attaboy Dave!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Tremendous announcer... big time voice... also does a great job as
    Part of the SF Giants broadcast team. Pro.

Dave is a consummate professional. His work in the baseball booth alongside Jon Miller is a joy. Those two bring out the best in each other. Dave's subtle humor is a perfect foil for Jon's effusive style.

Fun (not for Dave) story. Barry Bonds was at bat with a total of 714 HR's. Dave at the mic. Bonds rips one to deep right center. Dave's mic goes dead. Ten seconds of silence and Greg Papa has to jump in to describe Bonds' historic homerun. Can you imagine what was going through Dave's head?

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...-s-2534197.php

Quote Originally Posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
    Tremendous announcer... big time voice... also does a great job as
    Part of the SF Giants broadcast team. Pro.
    For sure. I also live in the Bay Area, and while I don't have any attachment to the Giants, I love listening to him working with Jon Miller. Even back in my days in college, when Flemming was part of ESPN's B (or C) team for college basketball announcing, I always loved him. It's great that he's getting some more of our games again recently.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Me too, when I see Flemming is going to do a game, I know it will be done professionally and be entertaining/informative as well. Just had an idea: What with all the technological advancements taking place, who's to say the listener won't have the option to "pre-select" the announcer(s) of his/her choice someday? On the other hand, that would leave many current announcers looking for alternative employment.

For example, envision Bill Walton as a "meteorologist" covering winter storms and hurricanes LIVE for the Weather Channel. As long as he is in front of a camera and holding a mic, he'd be good with it.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Not related to the late, great sport's announcer Bill Flemming, is he? Searched, couldn't find the answer. Anyone know?