• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerpZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

AP Poll ~ 1/20/20 - Gonzaga moves up 3 places to #13

Lady Zags move up 3 places to #13 in this week's AP Poll...Gonzaga moves ahead of Florida State, Texas A&M and Indiana in this week's poll...

The top 25 teams in The Associated Press' women's college basketball poll, with first-place votes in parentheses, records through Nov. 14, total points based on 25 points for a first-place vote…

Find the 2023-24 NCAAW rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAW teams.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Nice job ladies & congrats.

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagDad84
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2014

Getting closer and closer to the highest AP ranking of all time.

Congrats to the entire Wbb squad, players, coaches and staff for a job well done,

ZagDad

Comment

• ZagDad84
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2014

A couple of items I noticed in the Top-25 this week.

- Noticed that Missouri State got dropped out of the Top-25 (dropped 6 spaces) with their loss this week.
        - There is only one (1), 3-loss team in front of the lady zags and that is Kentucky one spot above Gonzaga at #12.
        - There are only two (2), 2-loss teams behind the lady zags in the Top 25: #22 Northwestern & #24 South Dakota.
        - There are five (5), 2-loss teams ahead of the lady zags: #4 Oregon, #6 Stanford, #7 Oregon State, #9 Mississippi State & #11 Depaul.

ZagDad

Comment

• ZagDad84
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2014

From ESPNW web site:

South Carolina, Baylor still top AP women's hoops poll
          Associated Press
          10:28 AM PT

NEW YORK -- South Carolina still sits atop The Associated Press women's basketball poll, with Baylor in second place. The Gamecocks received 22 first-place votes from a 30-member media panel Monday. The Lady Bears got six.

UConn moved up to third after previous No. 3 Stanford lost to Oregon by 32 points. The Ducks moved up to No. 4. Louisville was fifth, sandwiched between Oregon and Stanford. Louisville received the other two first-place votes. Oregon State, North Carolina State, Mississippi State and UCLA rounded out the top 10.

South Carolina faces Mississippi State on Monday night.

Northwestern entered the Top 25 for the first time this season, coming in at No. 22. The Wildcats were last ranked for the first nine weeks of the 2015-16 season. Joe McKeown's team has lost only to No. 11 DePaul and No. 19 Iowa. The longtime coach got his 700th career victory earlier this season.

"I think our kids are doing a great job and are really humble," McKeown said. "This is a fun team to watch and we have a lot of fan support. It helps getting some national recognition. For our program, I'm glad to see people taking notice." The Wildcats have a big week ahead, with Big Ten games at Michigan State and Maryland. "Our league is so deep right now it's amazing," McKeown said. "You can't get ahead of yourself as you look at the next game. It's my 12th year in the league and it's the deepest it's been."

Missouri State fell out of the poll after losing to Southern Illinois on Friday night.

Here are a few other tidbits from the poll:

MOVING UP: DePaul climbed three spots this week to No. 11, the Blue Demons' best ranking since the final poll of the 2011 season, when Doug Bruno's team was No. 10. DePaul hosts Villanova and Georgetown this week. The team's only loss came to UConn.

FALLING DOWN: West Virginia had a week to forget, with blowout losses to Oklahoma and No. 2 Baylor. The Mountaineers fell eight spots in the poll to No. 25. West Virginia will try and regroup against Oklahoma State on Wednesday.

GAME OF THE WEEK: For the first time in more than a decade, UConn and Tennessee will play each other. The two women's basketball powers will play the first of a home-and-home set in Hartford, Connecticut, on Thursday night. They last played in 2007.
          Article Link: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...men-hoops-poll

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

Well this is interesting. #1 South Carolina is trailing by 7 w/ about 8 minutes left in 4th quarter against #9 Mississippi St.

I think Baylor is probably the best team right now, the Oregon team we saw over the weekend is right there with them. After that throw 6 or 8 or 10 teams in a bag and draw names, hard to tell who is better than who.

Comment

• ZagDad84
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2014

Neither Miss St or the SC bigs want to stop the ball handler.

Lay-up after lay-up after lay-up.

Absolutely horrible defense by both teams.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Tennessee needed a miracle heave just before the buzzer to edge Alabama in Knoxville. I'm not sure if they are actually improved from last year, but I don't give them much chance of beating UConn on the road this week.

Comment

• seacatfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2014

South Carolina survives 81-79.

Comment

• TerpZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Lady Zags continue to climb the ladder as Gonzaga moves up 2 places to #11 in this week's USAToday Coaches Poll...

USAToday Women’s Basketball Coaches Poll ~ 1/21/20

ESPN Women's College Basketball Rankings - Week 12

A Stroll Down Memory Lane With BobZag:

Thread: Ladies earn ticket to Dance

Comment

• TerpZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Latest NCAA Women's Basketball RPI Rankings Link

Gonzaga continues to rank #9 this week...

Thread: Ladies stay unbeaten w/win over USF

Thread: Rachel Kane's knee ends career

Comment

• TerpZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Gonzaga WBB@ZagWBB 53 minutes ago

��️THIS JUST IN��️

#ZagFam, we just moved up ✌️ spots to No. 11 in the @usatodaysports Coaches Poll, tying our program record for best ranking.

#KeepClimbing �� | #UnitedWeZag

Gonzaga WBB Twitter Link

Thread: A Huge Honor for Heather Bowman

Thread: Gonzaga vs San Diego (championship!!)

Thread: Congratulations to Gonzaga!

Comment

• sylean
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2010

thankyou for bringing all these BobZag threads here.....

Comment

• TerpZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sylean View Post
                            thankyou for bringing all these BobZag threads here.....
                            sylean, you are welcome...

My searching only goes back so far...In the early days, BobZag was sometimes a solitary voice here, in addition, it is also good to see some of the earlier names of contributors pop up in these threads...

Considering what BobZag had to do to personally post here...It is amazing to see what he did to cheer on his Lady Zags...

BobZag's comments about Rachel Kane and to Rachel, in my opinion, were both moving and thoughtful considering BobZag's perspective.

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                            She tore her ACL. I feel bad for Rachel. This is her fourth ACL tear. If she didn't have bad luck, she wouldn't have any luck at all. Kane' came to GU when GU had had nothing but losing seasons for years, but she came and it all started turning around. I remember Coach Graves raving about Rachel when she signed her NLI.

I do know Rachel is receiving a great education, and she's a superb student, so her future off the court remains bright.

Rachel was part of Gonzaga basketball history, a guard on the first NCAA Tourney team ever for GU in 2007. Only a few can say that.

Heal up, Rachel. A good life awaits.

If I run across any more memorable BZ postings, I'll try to post those as well...Go Lady Zags!

Comment

• sylean
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2010

I did not know of his own personal struggles....all I knew was he was one of those "insiders" who you could trust.....

Comment

Working...
                              X