Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RIP: Our Board's Founding Father, BobZag, Has Passed Away

Sorry to hear of BZ's passing. I had noticed he wasn't around much in the past few years but I always paid attention to his posts. He had an inside POV on the program and I recall speculation about "Who is BobZag?". I never knew his real name until today and I never met him but felt like I knew him.

He will be missed.

Go Zags!

ZZ

A big loss for the board and the Zag family.

13 years ago right after my first post, it was Bob who welcomed me and encouraged me to stick around. He was that way with everyone, so giving, welcoming, and he set an example as to how to converse respectfully, even humorously.

RIP - you'll be missed.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Terrible news. Like many others I never met Bob in person but had who-knows-how-many interactions with him on this and the previous forum. My condolences to his family and good friends here and elsewhere.

RIP Bob, and forever Go Zags!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Sorry to hear this. BobZag created a wonderful online community - a family, really. These boards are home to joy, laughter, pride, pain and sometimes anger - just like a real family. We have BZ to thank for that. RIP and Go Zags!
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

One of the people I respected most on the board and the one I've missed the most over the past while. I always wanted to meet him in person. I appreciate your post CDC; always knew he had a big impact in giving us the ability to share our passion for GU basketball. I believe he was a driving force in making the GU message boards unique in all of the sporting world, and one that is greatly appreciated.

Thinking of Bob's family and friends. He will be greatly missed.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Very sad to hear this. I always loved his posts on here. Bob and I messaged a few times on private messenger. He was always very kind about my dad. I first “met” him on the really old message board in 2002 after we lost to Indiana in the 2002 Maui Invitational semifinals. I stumbled across the message board for the first time after that game and BobZag was the man. Best thoughts and prayers to his family. Rest easy BobZag

BobZags passing is a reminder of “Memento Mori”. His contributions to the lives of his family, friends and this board leave a lasting legacy of a rich life. Sharing his passions in such a thoughtful, informed and positive way enriched us all. Thank you too CDC for your kind remembrances of how this gift got started and the goodness we are all so grateful for.
    "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

Thank You Bob for everything you did for this board and beyond.
    You will be missed. Rest in Peace.

Thanks BZ for all you have done to make our board so good. Rest in pease and keep a good eye on us

BobZag did a lot more for the Gonzaga program than people will ever realize with his contributions to this site and the previous sites going back to the late 90's. His dedication to the Gonzaga basketball programs allowed the basketball program to be followed by people across the globe and his contributions both on the internet and off the internet which is a big reason that the program is where it is today. Sportswriters, NBA scouts, high school coaches, recruits, opposing coaches, and others used his knowledge on this forum to follow the Zags and often it was information posted by him that sports columnists would write in their articles in the early days when they covered the Zags.

I hope the University puts his name on his seat (or a plaque in front of the seat) in the Arena as a tribute.

He will be missed on this site and his contributions will be missed for the Gonzaga basketball programs.

Thank you Bob for everything that you did for our University because you were a critical cog in the success this program has attained over the years.

I am at an uncharacteristic loss for words. And deeply saddened. The little interaction I had with him (in person and online) he was extraordinarily kind. His posts were always my favorites and I have missed them . . . As I will miss him. As a society I think we tend to name things (buildings and such) for people too readily but naming this Board for him is a great idea and fitting tribute. I do so hope that can happen.

Rest in peace BobZag.

Respect.
    Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

I echo all the kind sentiments already posted on here.
    Shocked and saddened.
    He was an icon.

I always looked forward to seeing BZ's posts on this board and didn't know all the history, just that he was a longtime member and a wonderful contributor to the board.

RIP.

Thank you, CDC, for the heartfelt tribute...to be continued...
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

RIP BobZag, you will be missed.

Sad news. I missed seeing him at the games, and his posts on the boards over the past few years. He always gave me a hello when he saw me at the arena, and was in his spot overlooking the court. He once gave me that spot for a game a few years ago, when he couldn't make it, letting me use a folding chair where his wheelchair would usually be. Because of his posts, he will be missed by thousands who never even had the chance to meet him. RIP Bob.

Well done on the tribute CDC. I was fortunate enough to know Bobzag. He was always in the same spot for the men's and women's games. Over the years it became more and more difficult for him to get to the games and the corner spot CDC mentioned always looked empty with Bob not there. And later on Bob was never there, but on another level I suspect he will always be there. He certainly will be missed here as well. RIP Bob, and thanks to ElVoce for introducing me!

Always enjoyed his posts. RIP

Sad to hear this news. Rest in peace.

Condolences to family and friends. Thank you BobZag for what you gave us all here

Thank you BobZag. You were far and away my favorite.

Thank you BobZag for everything you did here on GU Boards. RIP BZ.

Thank you CDC, and thank you BobZag.

BZ was not only the founder of this board, he was the heart, soul, and conscience. I never had the good fortune to meet him, but I knew El Voce and heard about BZ through him.

Best of luck on your new journey Bob.