Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP: Our Board's Founding Father, BobZag, Has Passed Away

I believe BZ was one of the creators of this forum in 1999. It was called "ZagsHoops.com" then before moving here. He will be sorely missed. Please post obit details if possible. Thank you for the notice.
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

RIP Bob
    Your legacy lives on!

RIP BZ, you will be missed my friend. Such a welcoming, friendly guy - when I studied at Gonzaga he would often invite me to David's pizza to grab a slice and talk life. It has been a while since our last phone call, but we always called to check in post graduation to see how the family was doing.

Thanks BZ for everything, enjoy watching the Zags from above.

Peace to you, Bob.

Thanks for everything.

Say hi to Fr Tony and El Voce, please.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

RIP, Bob!

I remember when I first signed up on the previous board and BZ was always very kind and helpful to me as I tried to figure out how everything worked. I'll miss his input on this board.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

RIP Bob, you will be missed. Beautiful tribute CDC, very hard to keep a dry eye here.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Thank you for sharing your words, and the notice of his passing. I will always remember him from that old Scout board as well, and for his work in getting things transitioned over here, to what has become this wonderful community. May he rest in peace.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

RIP BZ. You are already missed. We are doomed.

Never met BZ in person. Thanks to him I reconnected with old friends and made new ones, some of whom I have never met in person [but would still trust with money, well one of them anyway].

Also in the early early days before media embraced the internet, I got inside scoops on Gonzaga B-Ball and got to chuckle at the same time.

He humored me about my "Bowser" posts and, in his own way, egged me on to do more outrageous posts. I had a lot of fun.

I understand he had a hard life but chose a path which brought him joy.

If SnapCo was still in business, you can bet your bottom dollar that a commemorative would be in production.

Rest in peace my brother.

Your Pal,

Bowser

Rest in Peace, BobZag...Our thoughts and prayers for Bob, his family and his many friends...Thank you for your generosity to the Gonzaga community!

CDC84, thank you for your wonderful tribute!

He was my favorite poster to respond to and he gave me helpful advice. He is so much more now not just the aspect of himself that I knew as Bobzag.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Rest In Peace and love Bob. You will be missed

In your honor, Beezer: Go Chelsea!!!!

Great tribute CDC, I remember when I joined the board back in 08 (as Gray'sAnatomy) BobZag was always a must read for me. His posts were insightful and funny. I never met him in person, but we chatted a few times in PM, and he was always a great encouragement.

As I've been less and less involved on this board, I am not in the know of much of the goings on; but I have wondered multiple times what was going on with BZ to cause him to post less and less.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

He will be missed.

- rip
    - may God continue to bless you and your family
    - good, faithful fan, better person.

Thank You, Bob.

RIP
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

This past weekend the Gonzaga family lost not only one of its greatest basketball fans and alumni, but also one of the greatest friends I have ever had in this board's admin, BobZag.

I ask all of you to think of BZ and his family in the coming days. (he) was and still is a testament to the strength of the human spirit. Thanks big guy for all that you did for me and for being my friend.

----CDC84

Thanks, CDC, for your personal and moving tribute to BobZag. This board is a legacy from him, and shared by you, early co-founders, moderators to the present day and all of the persistent, positive and provocative posters. The gift to us is a forum to follow the Zags, enhance our knowledge and share views along with other fans. Thanks to BZ and all who strive to preserve its high quality.
    Last edited by TravelinZag; 01-20-2020 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Please add close quote at right place

Sad, sad news. Bob was one of a kind. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Elias Harris debut at KITK in '09. He resurrected this board from the ashes of the original and we all owe him for that. RIP BOB.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Very sad news. Bobzag had a gravitas matched by no other. It was disappointing when he quit commenting as much, but it was like finding an Easter egg or some other treasure when he did. May God bless you and your family.

BZ you will be missed, your presence will always be part of this board.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

The Beezer Board sounds good to me.

Very sad news. Rest In Peace BZ.
    Bring back the OCC

I don't really post much anymore, but I still read daily. When I first joined in 2009 after lurking for a year or two, what kept me coming back was the hope to see some tidbits of info or comments from BobZag. His posts always stood out to me for the info and the wit that he had. I never had the opportunity to meet him, or even chat on this board with him, but he still had a tremendous impact on mine and others interest in the board and the Zags. RIP Bob and my condolences to his family and friends. Thank you for the wonderful gift that is this message board!

Sad news... Great to read the comments and hear the stories of his work. God bless the BZ family.

BobZag is the reason I started following and stayed lurking fifteen years ago. Never meet or spoke to him, but he nonetheless has had a real impact on my life through these two boards. Thank you BZ. RIP
    Don't call it a comeback....