Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Very sad news. Rest In Peace BZ.
      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Jedster
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Oct 2009

I don't really post much anymore, but I still read daily. When I first joined in 2009 after lurking for a year or two, what kept me coming back was the hope to see some tidbits of info or comments from BobZag. His posts always stood out to me for the info and the wit that he had. I never had the opportunity to meet him, or even chat on this board with him, but he still had a tremendous impact on mine and others interest in the board and the Zags. RIP Bob and my condolences to his family and friends. Thank you for the wonderful gift that is this message board!

Comment

• CdAZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2013

Sad news... Great to read the comments and hear the stories of his work. God bless the BZ family.

Comment

• LMUZAG
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

BobZag is the reason I started following and stayed lurking fifteen years ago. Never meet or spoke to him, but he nonetheless has had a real impact on my life through these two boards. Thank you BZ. RIP
            Don't call it a comeback....

Comment

• zagzilla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Sorry to hear of BZ's passing. I had noticed he wasn't around much in the past few years but I always paid attention to his posts. He had an inside POV on the program and I recall speculation about "Who is BobZag?". I never knew his real name until today and I never met him but felt like I knew him.

He will be missed.

Go Zags!

ZZ

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

A big loss for the board and the Zag family.

13 years ago right after my first post, it was Bob who welcomed me and encouraged me to stick around. He was that way with everyone, so giving, welcoming, and he set an example as to how to converse respectfully, even humorously.

RIP - you'll be missed.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• rennis
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Terrible news. Like many others I never met Bob in person but had who-knows-how-many interactions with him on this and the previous forum. My condolences to his family and good friends here and elsewhere.

RIP Bob, and forever Go Zags!
                  Originally posted by Coach Few
                  We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• FuManShoes
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Sorry to hear this. BobZag created a wonderful online community - a family, really. These boards are home to joy, laughter, pride, pain and sometimes anger - just like a real family. We have BZ to thank for that. RIP and Go Zags!
                    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• SWZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

One of the people I respected most on the board and the one I've missed the most over the past while. I always wanted to meet him in person. I appreciate your post CDC; always knew he had a big impact in giving us the ability to share our passion for GU basketball. I believe he was a driving force in making the GU message boards unique in all of the sporting world, and one that is greatly appreciated.

Thinking of Bob's family and friends. He will be greatly missed.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• demian
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2007

Very sad to hear this. I always loved his posts on here. Bob and I messaged a few times on private messenger. He was always very kind about my dad. I first “met” him on the really old message board in 2002 after we lost to Indiana in the 2002 Maui Invitational semifinals. I stumbled across the message board for the first time after that game and BobZag was the man. Best thoughts and prayers to his family. Rest easy BobZag

Comment

• Zagnailler
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Feb 2007

BobZags passing is a reminder of “Memento Mori”. His contributions to the lives of his family, friends and this board leave a lasting legacy of a rich life. Sharing his passions in such a thoughtful, informed and positive way enriched us all. Thank you too CDC for your kind remembrances of how this gift got started and the goodness we are all so grateful for.
                          "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2007

Thank You Bob for everything you did for this board and beyond.
                            You will be missed. Rest in Peace.

Comment

• zag67
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Thanks BZ for all you have done to make our board so good. Rest in pease and keep a good eye on us

Comment

• basketballzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

BobZag did a lot more for the Gonzaga program than people will ever realize with his contributions to this site and the previous sites going back to the late 90's. His dedication to the Gonzaga basketball programs allowed the basketball program to be followed by people across the globe and his contributions both on the internet and off the internet which is a big reason that the program is where it is today. Sportswriters, NBA scouts, high school coaches, recruits, opposing coaches, and others used his knowledge on this forum to follow the Zags and often it was information posted by him that sports columnists would write in their articles in the early days when they covered the Zags.

I hope the University puts his name on his seat (or a plaque in front of the seat) in the Arena as a tribute.

He will be missed on this site and his contributions will be missed for the Gonzaga basketball programs.

Thank you Bob for everything that you did for our University because you were a critical cog in the success this program has attained over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X