Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrusev update (sort of) and more from Meehan's Rewind

Default Petrusev update (sort of) and more from Meehan's Rewind

Petrusev’s status isn’t known, but he apparently didn’t have nearly as much swelling in his ankle as Tillie faced following the Arizona game. He gets a bit more healing time, with Gonzaga’s only game this week against visiting Pacific on Saturday.

“Man, it’s tough, but that’s what the coaching staff does well, they prepare the other guys for when somebody does goes down,” Woolridge said. “They put in Drew (Timme) or somebody else, and we just keep going with the flow.”

Here's the link: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...gating-numero/

Thanks 116.

They made it sound as if Petrusev's ankle was less severe than Tillie's and/or Watson's from earlier in the year.

We shall see.

Kispert (pretty much a Player-Coach these days when you listen to his interviews or when he sits next to Coach Few during pressers, he handles most of the "coach" questions too), and Coach Few said "ankle sprain".

Well that all sounds as positive as it can. Like I said with the other two, no need to rush him back. Let him get healthy and then he can get back to it.

I have no knowledge of actual Zag operations etc., but I don't expect him this weekend, at all, and dovetailing into another thread, I DO expect Pavel to play against Pacific.

He is a big body and a space eater. I expect he will be the third wheel of the Tillie/Timme substitution rotation
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

The Thursday "bye" comes at a good time, not only for the additional healing time for Filip, but the additional "practice reps" for Pavel and Arlauskas for likely expanded playing time against Pacific. The guys have shown great adaptability this season in response to numerous injuries, kind of a "plug and play" mentality. In the long run to March Madness, this adaptability will be of greater and greater value. Altho' I have no inside knowledge, I wouldn't be too surprised if Filip participated in pre-game warmup prior to the Pacific game (i.e. "pull a Yoeli"). Go Zags!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I don't always tune into the radio pre-game on 103.5, but this Saturday is a must-listen, for obvious reasons. Tom and Adam should have the latest news on Petrol.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

One of the coaches offered this observation on Filip's status earlier today: "He's a tough kid, good thing we don't have a game Thursday but he should be good to go on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    One of the coaches offered this observation on Filip's status earlier today: "He's a tough kid, good thing we don't have a game Thursday but he should be good to go on Saturday!
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    Source?
    If Reno has reported it, it was said ..... often times guys (including myself) hear things that aren't "linked" to an article and come from somebody who does NOT want to be quoted.

If Reno has reported it, it was said.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Best news I've gotten all day.

It's less about Filip playing Saturday, and more about the possibility of him playing Saturday meaning his injury must not be super-serious -- if that makes sense. We are going to need all our horses for the stretch run.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Being tough has nothing to do with healing from or playing with an injury. Prehistoric thinking. Other than that, great news.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Being tough has nothing to do with healing from or playing with an injury. Prehistoric thinking. Other than that, great news.
    Yes it does play into rehab. Some take it more seriously than others especially early treatment where pain and discomfort may exist
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

This is fantastic news. Now I just hope for an error-free stream (it's a ROOT game), and my Saturday will be good as gold. Oh yeah, a Zags win against Pacific would be nice too.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Being tough has to do with character. I don't think the quality of toughness is prehistoric. It's timeless.

Woolridge and Gilder have that quality. Blake Stepp had it too. Pangos and Bell ? Tougher than a truck stop steak.

I like tough.

Being tough has to do with character. I don't think the quality of toughness is prehistoric. It's timeless.

Woolridge and Gilder have that quality. Blake Stepp had it too. Pangos and Bell ? Tougher than a truck stop steak.

I like tough.
    Smothered in big onions.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    Source?
    Obviously you aren’t familiar with Reno.

Don't be bashing on ZagOD. . .he asked a legitimate question and I gave him a legitimate answer (via PM ). . .

Let's spend our time in productive ways: How many scholly's will UOP lose as a result of the Kansas - KState brawl tonight ??

After being criticized for talking about my experiences playing basketball, I have decided to delete the post.
    Last edited by Reborn; 01-22-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

As most of you know now, I played basketball at the D1 level at Gonzaga. I was a 6 foot guard. Back in the late sixties there were guards between 6- and 6'3". There were not a lot of 6' 4" or 6' 5" guards. Only a few. Weber State had a 6'5" guard who ended up playing for LA Lakers for 15 years. I had the pleasure of guarding him. Through him, I learned what NBA players are like. This guy was really really really good. Maybe he was only 6'3" but he could leap up 3 feet on his pull up jump shot, so he probably seemed much taller.

How do I know? Because I played on these courts.

Go Zags!!!
    Was the player Justus Thigpen?

Because he was the only Weber player in that era to make the NBA.
    He played for 3 years (never for the Lakers) and was 6'1".
    Last edited by LTownZag; 01-21-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Thank you Reborn! Great Great Great post!

Don't be bashing on ZagOD. . .he asked a legitimate question and I gave him a legitimate answer (via PM ). . .

Let's spend our time in productive ways: How many scholly's will UOP lose as a result of the Kansas - KState brawl tonight ??

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

After being criticized for talking about my experience playing at Gonzaga I decided to delete this post.
    Last edited by Reborn; 01-22-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Default Meehan on the Improving Health of Tillie & Gilder

STORY LINK: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...p-for-zags-an/

Tillie is going to see additional minutes because Gonzaga is without Anton Watson (shoulder surgery). Leading scorer Filip Petrusev sprained his ankle against BYU and status isn’t known for Saturday’s home game against Pacific.

“If you can keep Killian on the floor he’s going to get numbers,” Few said.

Gilder is showing some of the explosiveness he displayed at Texas A&M and when he had six consecutive double-figures scoring games to open this season. His production and playing time slipped after he limped off the court early in the second half of the Southern Miss game in the Bahamas.

Through the ups and downs, Gilder has put in nonstop effort to improve the condition of his knee.

“I’ve just been working on the main things that I need for my body and at the end of the day, I just feel like I’m enjoying it,” Gilder said. “I feel so great, best I’ve felt in a while. When I’m healthy I know what type of Admon I can give. That’s what you saw (vs. BYU).”

If we weren't so shorthanded, we could beat Pacific and rest Petrusev. Might be time to give him a rest and get Pavel and Marty some minutes. Something tells me Pavel would be just fine. Besides we'll be needing him and Marty as the season continues. We still have quite a few games to win