Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: "Other Games" Archive # 2

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I want Green Bay and Kansas City. Repeat of Super Bowl #1
    Look at all those empty seats. Crazy how far the NFL has come.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Maybe it was bad weather....

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the NFL (NFC) the real big draw, and the AFL just sort of a relative upstart, not as good - back then, such that the first super bowl was a novelty more than anything, NFL supposed to win, NFC champ Pack the obvious winner?

Didn't it take Super Bowl III and Joe Namath's guarantee (since the Jets were such underdogs) to make it competitive, and then the league merged?

I am not that familiar and I suppose I could look it up, but .
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

My dad was a die hard Niners fan, I'm sure he enjoyed yesterday's game. He took me to a game at Kezar Stadium when I was a kid, the stadium was at least half empty.

I really don't have a team to call my own anymore, the NFL helps to pass the time until the Zags start playing. For the sake of my family, I'd like to see the Cowboys do well, these past 10 seasons with Jason Garrett were painful.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Maybe it was bad weather....
    More than likely, it was the exorbitant ticket price: US $12 (In those days, you could get a nice steak dinner for $4.)

Following the Namath/Jets win, the NFL decided the Super Bowl was here to stay, cost be damned. So they jacked up the tickets all the way to $15.

Man I'm getting old!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I guess we're Sooner fans tonight!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Default Other Games - Tuesday - 1. 21. 20

All times PT

Top 25 / OOC Foes / Notables

4:00pm

Kansas State @ #3 Kansas . ESPN2
    #13 Butler @ #9 Villanova . CBSSN
    Georgia @ #15 Kentucky . ESPN
    #17 Maryland @ Northwestern . FS1
    #21 Illinois @ Purdue . ESPNU
    Florida @ LSU . SECN

5:00pm

#18 Texas Tech @ TCU . ESPN+

6:00pm

Miami @ #8 Duke . ESPN
    Nebraska @ Wisconsin . BTN
    Texas A&M @ Missouri . ESPNU

8:00pm

Wyoming @ #4 San Diego St . CBSSN

Full Div I Schedule: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00121/group/50
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-21-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Virginia loses at home to NC State, 53 - 51

Texas 59, West Virginia 97

first time seeing Baylor

Baylor fouling a lot, two hand pushes, grabbing arms, every trip on d, and Drew up screaming and exhorting them on, every d possession so far, with but a couple of whistles. more like soccer d with all the hands and grabbing

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Virginia loses at home to NC State, 53 - 51

Texas 59, West Virginia 97
    Been quite a trip last three years for UVA. Knocked out by a 16 seed, NC, then NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    first time seeing Baylor

Baylor fouling a lot, two hand pushes, grabbing arms, every trip on d, and Drew up screaming and exhorting them on, every d possession so far, with but a couple of whistles. more like soccer d with all the hands and grabbing
    Nice team. Nothing special

Oklahoma is hanging tough with 8 to go. Let's see if they can get over the hump.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Only 1 of Baylor's 6 main guys (by minutes) is over 6'5". They are physical and tough guards, but might have a tough time against a team with multiple scorers 6'10" or 6'11". Their lone loss is to a very tall UW team.

Against Kansas, the 7' Kansas center had 11 boards and 7! Blocks vs Baylor, but he only attempted 6 shots in 32 minutes. Kansas shot 26% from 3 instead of going inside, while Baylor shot 42% from 3.

Against Arizona, Baylor had another close one and AZ's center (6'11" Zeke Nnaji) scored 12 and shot 50%. But Arizona went 2-18 from 3pt and lost.

Baylor has yet to play WVU, the best defense in their conference, and a team with 2 leading scorers being top-100 recruit powerful post players 6'9"+. I am curious to see how the small Baylor frontcourt does.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Nice team. Nothing special
    it's a hand riding on the hip with a push or 2 when you drive and it's being allowed, so I guess it's legal

they attack the o glass too, lots of pushing, just got a put back dunk like that. they push on the hip, turns out that is a big advantage lol

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Oklahoma is hanging tough with 8 to go. Let's see if they can get over the hump.
    never rooted for Oklahoma before

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Only 1 of Baylor's 6 main guys (by minutes) is over 6'5". They are physical and tough guards, but might have a tough time against a team with multiple scorers 6'10" or 6'11". Their lone loss is to a very tall UW team.

Against Kansas, the 7' Kansas center had 11 boards and 7! Blocks vs Baylor, but he only attempted 6 shots in 32 minutes. Kansas shot 26% from 3 instead of going inside, while Baylor shot 42% from 3.
    in watching, I'd say another key is limiting turnovers and making Baylor score in the half court; OK not shooting it well and getting beat on the glass but only 8 turnovers

Baylor is gonna escape this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

OK's Reaves with the good transition 3 look for the lead with seconds to play draws iron

does this win at home drop Baylor from #1, lol
    outscored by 7 in the 2nd half and OK with the look to win it with their 3 point shooter shooting

Ultimately Baylor's performance isn't relevant to GU, is it?
    Anything I'm missing? If they keep taking care of business they won't be in GU's region anyway, they'll be a #1 seed in the south.

If we don't lose any game we shouldn't, we're in place for the #1 seed out west.
    The most important results of other teams' games would be deciding would be #2 & #4 out west.

I'd love to see GU and SDSU as #1 and #2 out west. There's no possible/likely 2 seed I'd rather see.

Ultimately Baylor's performance isn't relevant to GU, is it?
    Anything I'm missing? If they keep taking care of business they won't be in GU's region anyway, they'll be a #1 seed in the south.

If we don't lose any game we shouldn't, we're in place for the #1 seed out west.
    The most important results of other teams' games would be deciding would be #2 & #4 out west.

I'd love to see GU and SDSU as #1 and #2 out west. There's no possible/likely 2 seed I'd rather see.
    you're missing the tongue in cheek of my comment if your post is in response to it

No no, I wasn't responding to your joke about Baylor dropping. I thought it was a good joke.

I was just wondering or voicing a thought about how little the results of these games will matter for GU. As long as we keep our ducks in a row, the results that are relevant would be those surrounding our likely tournament opponents.

No no, I wasn't responding to your joke about Baylor dropping. I thought it was a good joke.

I was just wondering or voicing a thought about how little the results of these games will matter for GU. As long as we keep our ducks in a row, the results that are relevant would be those surrounding our likely tournament opponents.
    right on, yes GU controls its destiny

if the zags drop one or two, i could see sdsu getting the 1 out west with zags as the 2 seed...wouldn't really mind.