• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/st...687083015?s=20 - video of Kennel Club chanting

“We want Paulo!”

@ZagKennelClub letting @Pp_doesit know what’s up and he’s about it
    Thanks for the video, StatZag. Great to see Paulo there, and great to see the Kennel Club sending him some love.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by StatZag19 View Post
      https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/st...687083015?s=20 - video of Kennel Club chanting

“We want Paulo!”

@ZagKennelClub letting @Pp_doesit know what’s up and he’s about it
      Thanks. Regular TV didn't cover that.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

This is a different team. As this group moves deeper in the season, they look to be improving both as a team and as a contender for the big prize. Im irritated by the ESPN media and CBS.and a few others who are solidly behind us as a nonfactor. Baylor, for some reason...….the analytics and their record is constantly being held up as a no 1 with little regard to the Zags' record. Even Joey Brackets today is emphasizing Baylor as superior and says that anyone who understands the game should be in agreement with Baylor as a no 1. It's annoying. Very annoying.
        But watching the way the team plays..not necessarily the analytics, the team is functioning as teams 15-20 years ago functioned....the one big difference is the talent level. These guys are mostly new or, if not new, are getting much more minutes. Adner, Woolridge, Timme are all ascending and doing it quickly. We always emphasized "team" play and we do have that.

I'm not going to belabor the point. I really don't care about the ""Baylorphils who tend to ignore us. I am continuing to watch this fabulous group of kids who look and play like they're always improving. I'm do not know how good this group can be but I' not ashamed to say we could easily have a FF group on our hands. I hope so. They guys who weren't supposed to be one of our better teams just may find themselves as a FF team come March.

Comment

• LTownZag
          Banned
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          Thanks. Regular TV didn't cover that.
          I wonder if the KC always does these chants during halftime or a certain media timeout. It'd be hard to ignore on the broadcast.

Comment

• SorenTodd45
            Banned
            • Jan 2019

ESPN guys talked about our return trip to Provo, Utah. If Yoeli plays, it could be a whole lot closer game. Props to BYU, they played their hearts out, but the 3 was just not falling for them. Glad to hear that Petrol is not seriously injured; the upcoming Thursday off could not come at a better time.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

I have watched a couple of BYU games leading up to tonight’s game. I was confident that our interior size would overwhelm them, especially without Yoeli playing. The Zags did overwhelm them, but in a completely different way than I expected. We matched our guard play up against their guard play, head to head, and blew them out.

I have to think that if you told Mark Pope before the game that the GU bigs would largely be out of the game and we would be going small, he would have been stoked. But GU played BYU’s game and thumped them anyway.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• 23dpg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Expert recap and game analysis of the Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. BYU Cougars NCAAM game from January 18, 2020 on ESPN.

The Zags (20-1, 6-0 West Coast) shot 74% (17 for 23) from the field after halftime.
                Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                  Great win by the Zags. I'm not sure that even Childs 20 and 10 would be enough to change things, but that raises a question in my mind.

When Childs comes back, does BYU get to play with 6 players on the floor? How many points and boards has his replacement been averaging?
                  I mean if the replacement is getting 10 and 5, there is only a net difference of 10 and 5, unless they get to have 6 on the floor.

Anyway...I LOVED the beat down. The Zags left no doubt as to which team was the better one tonight.

Was Paolo here?I didn't hear any chants and the announcers didn't say anything.
                  Chanted his name a few times.....we want paolo....

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                    This is a different team. As this group moves deeper in the season, they look to be improving both as a team and as a contender for the big prize. Im irritated by the ESPN media and CBS.and a few others who are solidly behind us as a nonfactor. Baylor, for some reason...….the analytics and their record is constantly being held up as a no 1 with little regard to the Zags' record. Even Joey Brackets today is emphasizing Baylor as superior and says that anyone who understands the game should be in agreement with Baylor as a no 1. It's annoying. Very annoying.
                    But watching the way the team plays..not necessarily the analytics, the team is functioning as teams 15-20 years ago functioned....the one big difference is the talent level. These guys are mostly new or, if not new, are getting much more minutes. Adner, Woolridge, Timme are all ascending and doing it quickly. We always emphasized "team" play and we do have that.

I'm not going to belabor the point. I really don't care about the ""Baylorphils who tend to ignore us. I am continuing to watch this fabulous group of kids who look and play like they're always improving. I'm do not know how good this group can be but I' not ashamed to say we could easily have a FF group on our hands. I hope so. They guys who weren't supposed to be one of our better teams just may find themselves as a FF team come March.
                    Good post, Doc. Some good ideas to think about. i saw Baylor play Ok State today, and I was pretty impressed by the way they finished that game. This guard hit 4 straight three's, back to back to back to back. AND that buried Ok State. Gonzaga is also playing good, and even Few said that they played a #1 team both games this week. AND Mark Few doesn't throw out compliments like that very often. AND he knows what a #1 team looks like. He's coached against a lot of them.

I felt the same way about one of the analysts during the game tonight. He talked about how good BYU is all game long, and gave me the feeling that he felt BYU would beat us with Childs. I can hardly wait until we go to Provo to play them with Childs. I believe our boys will be ready. If Baylor goes to #1 I'm fine with that. For Gonzaga the emphasis needs to just be on playing one game at a time, staying focused on that game, and listen to the coaches. Pay no attention to Baylor. Let them do what they do. Maybe we'll meet them in March Madness.

Go Zags!!!
                    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• MickMick
                      Zag for Life
                      • Apr 2007

I believe it was the best I have seen this team play.

The spacing and ball movement on offense is how you draw it up. The players are hitting their shots. The offense was a joy to watch. They are scoring in transition. They are rebounding.

Very good outing.
                      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Could be another deep run.

Comment

• caduceus
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post

The spacing and ball movement on offense is how you draw it up. The players are hitting their shots. The offense was a joy to watch. They are scoring in transition. They are rebounding.

Very good outing.
                          Always good insight from MickMick. You never have a bad post. Carry on.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I say again, the 3 guard, Kispert, Tils as the maitre’d lineup is the most potent and a tough matchup for any team. Tils is a magician distributor from the top of the key and can go down low easier. And the key is not clogged so our swift guards penetrate. Gilder’s surge makes this possible. And Tils’ composure. Brilliant.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post

Very good outing.
                              and competing w focused intensity on D. This team is committed on both ends. Love it
                              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                                I say again, the 3 guard, Kispert, Tils as the maitre’d lineup is the most potent and a tough matchup for any team. Tils is a magician distributor from the top of the key and can go down low easier. And the key is not clogged so our swift guards penetrate. Gilder’s surge makes this possible. And Tils’ composure. Brilliant.
                                Agreed, w lineup of Woolridge, Ayayi, Gilder, Kispert, Tillie the offense was lifted up and we saw Gilder, Ayayi, Kispert all drive to the rim for buckets. Good seeing Zags attack the rim and finish.

This group playing extended minutes together w Kispert at the 4 was really good. They could switch everything on D. Lot of deep shooters in that lineup. Man that was just beautiful basketball. Zags attack quick on offense love to share the rock.
                                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Working...
                                X