Thread: To block or not to block. That is the question.

Default To block or not to block. That is the question.

Iíve never blocked anyone on this board. But I did leave it for about half a year due to 1 or 2 obnoxious posters. Now the worst one is back on the mbb spewing is nonsense.
    Ignore it, block it, get off the internet (Iím close, haha) or just learn to deal with it?

Iíll take your answer off the air. (Radio talk)

Block and enjoy the rest of the board.
    Bring back the OCC

Put him on "ignore" and hope his posts aren't frequently quoted.

There are frequent regular posters I don't read at all. I don't bother with the "ignore" feature anymore. When the user name pops up (especially if it's an OP) I just skip the thread in its entirety.

I still enjoy the GUB. Will continue to read and contribute to the BZ Field House and The Foo until the NCAA final.

After that, I think I'll take a page out of Lothar's book.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-23-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I’ve never blocked anyone on this board. But I did leave it for about half a year due to 1 or 2 obnoxious posters. Now the worst one is back on the mbb spewing is nonsense.
    Ignore it, block it, get off the internet (I’m close, haha) or just learn to deal with it?

I’ll take your answer off the air. (Radio talk)
    First, and I say this sincerely, don't go off the net or the board. You would be missed.

As for the block or whatever, I think it's best to just take Dionne's advice and don't even go through the effort to ignore or block:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I’ve never blocked anyone on this board. But I did leave it for about half a year due to 1 or 2 obnoxious posters. Now the worst one is back on the mbb spewing is nonsense.
    Ignore it, block it, get off the internet (I’m close, haha) or just learn to deal with it?

I blocked a couple of posters for a time, but I still saw the results of their activity in the responses from other posters.

Please stay on the board, even if you only participate in the Foo.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

The ones that I find cringeworthy actually amuse me. I just laugh, shake my head and move on. As I'm sure some of you do after reading some of my posts.

You could just talk to me before bringing it up in the Foo! I'll do better, I promise!!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!