• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shanachie
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Good Company

I've been playing around with the Sports Reference college basketball season finder. What a great tool. (Though if you start playing with it at work like I did, beware: it's a huge time sucker!)

Anyway, here are a couple of nuggets among the interesting things I turned up.

First, Filip Petrusev is currently averaging 16.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per game. Assuming he keeps that up, he will join J.P. Batista, Domantas Sabonis, and Brandon Clarke as the only Zags since the '92-'93 season to hit those levels.

Second, Drew Timme is averaging 9.5 points and 5.8 rebounds. Here's the list of Zags freshmen that have put up those numbers for a full season since '92: Elias Harris, Zach Collins, and Domantas Sabonis.
  • ZagaZags
    Banned
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Shanachie View Post
    I've been playing around with the Sports Reference college basketball season finder. What a great tool. (Though if you start playing with it at work like I did, beware: it's a huge time sucker!)

Anyway, here are a couple of nuggets among the interesting things I turned up.

First, Filip Petrusev is currently averaging 16.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per game. Assuming he keeps that up, he will join J.P. Batista, Domantas Sabonis, and Brandon Clarke as the only Zags since the '92-'93 season to hit those levels.

Second, Drew Timme is averaging 9.5 points and 5.8 rebounds. Here's the list of Zags freshmen that have put up those numbers for a full season since '92: Elias Harris, Zach Collins, and Domantas Sabonis.
    Great stuff. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• scrooner
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Timme's minutes are going to go up. Hoping he can settle down his foul rate a bit, as he's currently our leader with 5.5 fouls per 40 minutes.

Comment

• ZagaZags
        Banned
        • May 2010

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
        Timme's minutes are going to go up. Hoping he can settle down his foul rate a bit, as he's currently our leader with 5.5 fouls per 40 minutes.
        How does that compare to Zach Collins? Just curious.

Comment

• White lightning
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2017

Perfect, this team needs to toughen up a bit. Collins left his mark inside " mainly on the opponents "and it helped with having a great defense. Timme is learning. His effort makes me believe he's going in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• krozman
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2008

If Timmie stays above 70% from the FT line that alone will increase his late game minutes.
            Krozman
            GU student 1996-2000
            Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• scrooner
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
              How does that compare to Zach Collins? Just curious.
              ZC was abnormally high, at 6.2.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                Banned
                • May 2010

Damn..... That is high. Thanks for looking it up.

Comment

• webspinnre
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Wow, that's extraordinarily high!
                  I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

that's crazy...that's basically saying he would likely foul out of every game he played 30+ minutes. does that number include the national championship game...his rate was probably over 10 in that one.

timme's been solid...i think the fact that his game isn't always aesthetically pleasing hurts his perception...plus throw in some unrealistic expectations coming in.

Comment

• caduceus
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

I just want to say that I love this thread. Statistics tell you soooo much. Statistics == FACTS.

Comment

• Bogozags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                        I just want to say that I love this thread. Statistics tell you soooo much. Statistics == FACTS.
                        Maybe you can tell me the differences between facts and Alternative Facts...

Comment

• caduceus
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                          Maybe you can tell me the differences between facts and Alternative Facts...
                          Since you asked, Pseudoscience == Alternative Facts. Happy to have a Jesuit education. Logic 101 in the AD was a good one.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bulldoginseattle
                            If that’s really where you’re going with it, real news like Reuter’s vs. any opinion based “news” like Fox News, MSNBC or CNN, since they’re two sides of the same coin and all just bad.
                            And lets kill the politics right there.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Goshzagit
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2007

Drew Timme has shown glimpses of something last couple games.

Cant quite put my finger on it.

Maybe it's intangible. it's subtle, yet something I can 'sense' when watching him recently compared to before.

Always been a hustle guy, yet more cognizant, better timing as of late. Also, an intrinsic confidence which is palpable

Still needs added strength, his hands are weak, yet that's purely physical, something mental is occurring, clicking...

Just a feeling, yet he's showing another level. Growth. And also leadership, been much more vocal even with the veterans.

Been a sight to see last week and a half

Comment

Working...
                              X