Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #16/13 Zags Face San Francisco Saturday at 5pm

Sorry all. I didnít mean to repost that. Lol

I did want to say, I think that CLF does set up quite a few plays for JT if you watch. That play you spoke of where the announcer talked about her jumper was a set play for her, and they love to run it, a post screens down for her to curl off for that jumper. Also they love to run a high low action for her, where a post will pass her the ball on the block from the high post using JT strength against smaller players. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input Bigfooot we had reports of your sightings in the inland northwest (LOL). Perhaps I'm just being overzealous. Yes that was a former Lady Don on their broadcast crew that made the comment, and called one of Jessie 3 pointers as it left her hand also. She Don broadcaster also stated Jessie is like a secret weapon when you least expect it she will step up and score (she worded better). Yes thats true Jessie is our play maker and speedy gonzales as you saw on the coast to coast steal and layup. We expect Jessie to dish out the ball (assists) so she often takes fewer shots than other starters, but Hummp if you sleep on her she will make you pay.

Of note last game we only got off 41 field goals attempts. And Katie attempted the most still only had 9 FG attempts. Perhaps it was due to our lack of rebounding.

So Bigfooot just got to ask are you a Lady ZAGS fan?

Absolutely a lady zags fan through and through.

Iíll try to hide better from now on. I didnít know I had been spotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET View Post
    Of note last game we only got off 41 field goals attempts. And Katie attempted the most still only had 9 FG attempts. Perhaps it was due to our lack of rebounding.
    The reason for the low number of shots (USF only took 47 shots) is that USF took the air out of the ball, running the shot clock down on almost every trip down the floor. The lady zags were not really pushing the pace much on Saturday either. If you take most of the shot clock to get a shot, your not going to have a lot of shots.

This is a tactic typically used by an overmatched team to keep the game close. However, if the superior team makes a high percentage of shots and you don't it does not work very well. Just like Saturday.

ZagDad

Hope to hear more from you in the future games Bigfooot we only seem to have a handful of Lady Zag fan posters. Its always great to get a new perspective of other Zag fans.

Oh and we will keep you on the lowdown no worries (LOL).