Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other Games - Saturday - 1. 18. 2020

Washington v Oregon in OT. Huskies up 2
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Calipari got thrown out of the game at Arkansas. Too bad Kentucky rallied for the win.

The antipasto course will be complete if Dook goes down to Monkey Man.

#3 Duke getting torched at home by #11 Louisville. With 9 mins left in 1st, Cardinals lead 25-11. This just 4 days after Duke lost to unranked Clemson by 7.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Why wasn’t Baker tossed?

- I think it better to root for Oregon over Washington. I do not see Washington bouncing back to become a tourney team. they will be our best, 'good' win come tourney time.

- arizona and st. mary win, that too is only good for zags.

- personal note, thank goodness the ohio state lost. only gonna take 5 losses out of 6 games to get them bounced from the top 25. personal note in only I personally cannot stand dakish who says they will win the ncaa tournament. if he'd acknowledge he says so due to his heart (son played there), but instead as a highly trained professional commentator on subject of college basketball he tries to make an objective intellectual argument for his choice. argh........why does that man bug me so?

Houston defeats home-standing #16 Wichita State, 65 - 54.

Ranked Teams Defeated (So Far) Today:

#4 Auburn; #5 Butler; #12 West Virginia; #16 Wichita State; #20 Colorado; #21 Ohio State

#11 Louisville 37
    #3 Duke 29 . 1:08, 1H

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - I think it better to root for Oregon over Washington. I do not see Washington bouncing back to become a tourney team. they will be our best, 'good' win come tourney time.

- arizona and st. mary win, that too is only good for zags.

- personal note, thank goodness the ohio state lost. only gonna take 5 losses out of 6 games to get them bounced from the top 25. personal note in only I personally cannot stand dakish who says they will win the ncaa tournament. if he'd acknowledge he says so due to his heart (son played there), but instead as a highly trained professional commentator on subject of college basketball he tries to make an objective intellectual argument for his choice. argh........why does that man bug me so?
    You’re not alone re Dakich. And the 7 million dollar coach will still be ranked.

the road separating the contenders from the pretenders

Baker and Hepa pretty silent for the Longhorns today.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    You’re not alone re Dakich. And the 7 million dollar coach will still be ranked.
    tOSU is in the "others receiving votes" category come Monday. . .

Illinois just beat Northwestern, 75 - 71

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    I feel you on this one.

There's just 1 Big10 team in Kenpom's top 10. There are 0 Big10 teams ranked in the top15 nationally. And Gonzaga beat the top Big10 team (MSU) thoroughly in the preseason game (won both halves) without playing Tillie.

He accuses fans of other teams (basically everyone else) of being an ignorant homer based on fan loyalty. Then he refuses to see himself in the mirror doing that exact same thing regarding the Big10.

The Big10 is a good conference this year! They are much better than last year. Look up the numbers on Kenpom and elsewhere. But that doesn't mean Gonzaga would be 5th or 6th in the big10 as Dakich claimed.

Does anyone else feel bad for UW? Hopkins seems like a great coach and great guy who is very very complimentary of Few and the Zags.

Stewart is a workhorse and in the top 5 most effective freshmen in the country. They have a handful of returners who are playing well. And it would help GU to have them winning. Our game there was much closer than vs UNC or Arizona.

I know it's sorta a local pastime to hate on UW, but I really root for them and think it would be great for the state to have two perennial top-25 teams.

UW blew a 16pt second half lead to Oregon and lost today in OT...

#4 Auburn (now 15-2) got thumped by unranked Florida (now 12-5) in Gainesville 69 to 47.

By my count, 5 of the top 10 AP teams have lost this week (Duke, Auburn, Butler (2 losses), Oregon and Kentucky). With Duke trailing by 10 to Louisville at the half, Duke also could end up with 2 losses this week. #2 Baylor had 2 wins (vs Iowa St and @ OK St).

Zags may need a convincing win over BYU tonight to hold onto the #1 spot. Baylor, however, trailed much of the game against OK State today and won by a small margin of 4 pts.

Talk about parity at the top this year!
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Is UW's Stewart likely a one & done ?

I'd prefer to see:

Zags win vs BYU tonight

Baylor overtakes Gonzaga for #1 ranking anyway.

It would take some of the focus/bullseye off the Zags and give them a chip on their shoulder.

I don't want GU to lose a game in order to drop in the rankings, but I do want them to drop (barely) in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Is UW's Stewart likely a one & done ?
    Yes.

Similar to Duke's Vernon Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I'd prefer to see:

Zags win vs BYU tonight

Baylor overtakes Gonzaga for #1 ranking anyway.

It would take some of the focus/bullseye off the Zags and give them a chip on their shoulder.

I don't want GU to lose a game in order to drop in the rankings, but I do want them to drop (barely) in the rankings.
    I agree with you on this; just keep winning. We want that #1 regional seed come March though.
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Auburn has only played 4 true road games, got thumped twice back to back this week, and beat South Alabama by 1 pt. back in November

Seton Hall with back to back road wins this week, 4 road wins in a row

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Does anyone else feel bad for UW? ...
    I don’t, but I also don’t have the same animosity towards the Huskies either...I’ve transferred that to Pepperdine.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

DePaul beat Butler & Florida beat Auburn. The top 10-ish will get a bit of reshuffling. Dook is down 10 at half time. Interesting!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

I have USF winning by 11. They need to get cracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I have USF winning by 11. They need to get cracking.

Better get a time machine

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Better get a time machine
    Lol. I paused it and forgot.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Down goes Duke