Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonzaga vs Santa Clara Post Game thoughts, analysis, and media

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    1st place I went when I got home last night. That knucklehead that dominates their forum has been banned under several different names. He adds nothing. I particularly enjoy his accusation that Gonzaga cheats & has been doing it for quite some time. Guess I would have to go searching thru some other threads for the evidence.
    My understanding is he is not even an authentic SCU person but a Sendek acolyte who has followed the coach on message boards at the several programs at which he has coached.
    Agent provocateur

1st place I went when I got home last night. That knucklehead that dominates their forum has been banned under several different names. He adds nothing. I particularly enjoy his accusation that Gonzaga cheats & has been doing it for quite some time. Guess I would have to go searching thru some other threads for the evidence.
    I liked his suggestion that the WCC should kick the Zags out for being so good. lol

SCU took a direct shot at Coach Few in their "Game On" ad campaign. There's a lesson to be learned there.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post

SCU took a direct shot at Coach Few in their "Game On" ad campaign. There's a lesson to be learned there.

Judy, if you're reading this, Coach Few told me before the game that he really wanted to run the score up against you!!

(you read it here on the internet)
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Took the grandkids to see the Harlem Globetrotters last night. That game was more in doubt than the Zags game. Spoiler Alert!!! Globetrotters won on last second dunk!!! Who woulda guessed???

Got home at halftime looking forward to at least a little resistance. 58-22. Then found out Watson was done for the year.

Hoping BYU game is more competitive. It's fun to see the Zags play well, but a little more drama would be nice.
    I would prefer an absolute a** kicking and no drama at all, especially against the LDS

Judy, if you're reading this, Coach Few told me before the game that he really wanted to run the score up against you!!

(you read it here on the internet)
    I can do better than that!

Remember when I said that my grandson didn't quite remember what he and Corey discussed after the A&M game? Not true...Corey told Big D that "we're going to BURY Santa Clara!"

Then Admon told Dillon, "we're going beat Santa Clara by more than we won tonight!

Killian chimed in, "Dillon, you know all about the immortal words, "Remember the Alamo." Up in Spokane, there's another phrase burned in our soul: 'Remember Game On!'"

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I can do better than that!

Remember when I said that my grandson didn't quite remember what he and Corey discussed after the A&M game? Not true...Corey told Big D that "we're going to BURY Santa Clara!"

Then Admon told Dillon, "we're going beat Santa Clara by more than we won tonight!

Killian chimed in, "Dillon, you know all about the immortal words, "Remember the Alamo." Up in Spokane, there's another phrase burned in our soul: 'Remember Game On!'"

As an SCU alum, I believe all of this.
    Agent provocateur

That "dougjudy" poster is really special. Reminds me of Wegotmorrison

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    That "dougjudy" poster is really special. Reminds me of Wegotmorrison
    He's a member of the 102nd CR Battalion.

Default Slo Mo Video from GU Athletics

Last edited by RenoZag; 01-18-2020 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added post title

The strength of this team is the guard play. Who’d have ever guessed that?

Wow...the Santa Clara board is actually pretty good. Some good basketball talk on there with one glaring exception. That dougjudy guy is nuts.

Absolutely love this video! That closing shot of Ayayi, Kispert, and Gilder is killer...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Great Video RenoZag. Thanks. A nice way to wake up on GameDay with BYU.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I second that. Fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The strength of this team is the guard play. Who’d have ever guessed that?
    Top 3 scorers are Petrusev, Kispert and Tille, all listed as forwards. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Top 3 scorers are Petrusev, Kispert and Tille, all listed as forwards. Just sayin'...
    of course. Kispert is a 3, and that position is most often considered to be a small forward. However, with an open mind, one could see how that position (3) could also be considered to be a guard. He/She is often called a wing, and that person does play on the wing. The other, or opposite, wing is the 2, who IS A GUARD. The point guard, of course plays in the middle, or at the point of the two wings. So the 3 could easily be considered to be a guard because the other wing IS A guard.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    Wow...the Santa Clara board is actually pretty good. Some good basketball talk on there with one glaring exception. That dougjudy guy is nuts.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Scoring is only a part of the game
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

who'd have guessed it? some did pretty early on this season after seeing some of the early samplings. it''s been pretty balanced and explosive, nice combo

re. wings Reborn, these days 4s play the wings plenty too, even 5s with some looks, and both ends of the floor. just look at how teams go after our bigs with the screen/roll! the big ends up at the top of the key or on the wing 1v1 when we switch

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Scoring is only a part of the game
    no doubt

for Petro, I think it's his closeout footwork, instead of quick feet shuffles he does long step hops; he tries to cover the gap in one leap which leaves him in the air while the player he's guarding changes direction.

before anyong gets defensive, I'm not attacking Filip

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    no doubt

for Petro, I think it's his closeout footwork, instead of quick feet shuffles he does long step hops; he tries to cover the gap in one leap which leaves him in the air while the player he's guarding changes direction.

before anyong gets defensive, I'm not attacking Filip
    I think it is his lack of fundamental application of space, man ball basket and proper leverage of triangulation on defense. Constantly out of position or late on rotation or close outs
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    I think it is his lack of fundamental application of space, man ball basket and proper leverage of triangulation on defense. Constantly out of position or late on rotation or close outs
    you know even on his ankle tweak tonight, he lunged long and arrived so late that he landed on the jump shooters foot , instead of vice versa which is what usually happens. hope he's OK, he's a force this team needs

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    you know even on his ankle tweak tonight, he lunged long and arrived so late that he landed on the jump shooters foot , instead of vice versa which is what usually happens. hope he's OK, he's a force this team needs
    Definitely a weird play. It happened so late I was praying that it wasn't a non-contact knee thing.