Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs BYU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs BYU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Game 2 of this homestretch. Getting this up now since it is a short window. If you are predicting the SCU game... this isn't the thread you are looking for...

BYU... took a tough loss in Moraga. Cougars come in without Childs... how will that factor into this game. BYU has inflicted pain in the Kennel in recent years... will this be another one of them?

What are you expecting to see in this game? Hoping to see? Thougths? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I predict...

https://binged.it/3am717U

Why? Because we can’t have the next game prediction thread before the current game is played.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Default GU vs BYU - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

85-68 Zags.

Beat 'em down boys! No let up.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I don't expect Marty to start, but I do think he gets serious minutes. There is no way we beat BYU by 50, the way we killed the Broncos tonight. But without Yoeli (possibly), we should not have any issues with winning. We are on a roll, and the only goal should be to get to Atlanta, no matter the cost.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

89-71 Zags

Us 86
    Them 64

Anton - heal well, do the therapy, and think good thoughts of you and Ballo playing with CK, JA, and the tricky trio next year. There’s a lot to look forward to.

We are rolling right now, the injury to Anton hurts, but realistically we will be just fine.

Zags 87
    BYU 73

Well I wasn't close on the SCU game... probably will be wrong on this one too..

Zags 92
    BYU 78
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Tough one to predict not knowing status of child’s

Assuming doesn’t play and we control open looks

Zags 86
    BYU. 72
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Zags continue to work on the defense. Ayayi continues to impress. With or without Childs, the Zags win this one going away.

Zags - 88
    University of Brigham Young - 70
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

I'll go with:

Zags 82
    Others 69

Zags 85
    Cougars 81
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-18-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Childs will not play. Hudson called it a dislocated pointer finger last night... that came through the skin. That's a compound fracture, not a dislocation. He's not playing with that injury anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Childs will not play. Hudson called it a dislocated pointer finger last night... that came through the skin. That's a compound fracture, not a dislocation. He's not playing with that injury anytime soon.
    Not neccesarily a fracture. Likely an internal avulsion fractue yet an open complete compound dislocation is not always a fractured bone.

While not overly common, it occurs most frequently in tibiotalur (ankle) dislocations, and phalanx/phalange dislocations.

Most worrisome is, of course, ligament and/or tendon damage, yet moreso infection of compromised joint...which is quite common in these injuries. Immediate reduction and closure is imperative.

Believe it or not, you can have an open dislocation without any associated fracture, which I see every couple months. Soft tissue damage is inevitable yet bone structures remain intact, esp fingers.

Zags 80 Cougars 69
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Zags 90
    Scared Cats 67

Boy, I keep expecting Killian to break out and score 25-30 points. I’d really like to see that happen against BYU!

I also hope the Zags keep up the good work on FTs.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Not neccesarily a fracture. Likely an internal avulsion fractue yet an open complete compound dislocation is not always a fractured bone.

While not overly common, it occurs most frequently in tibiotalur (ankle) dislocations, and phalanx/phalange dislocations.

Most worrisome is, of course, ligament and/or tendon damage, yet moreso infection of compromised joint...which is quite common in these injuries. Immediate reduction and closure is imperative.

Believe it or not, you can have an open dislocation without any associated fracture, which I see every couple months. Soft tissue damage is inevitable yet bone structures remain intact, esp fingers.
    Goshzagit, I really respect and enjoy reading your posts about the nature of injuries that occur to these athletes, both our Zags and opponents'. Shout out to Twin Cities - I used to live in St Paul. Miss the great people back there ... but man, I don't miss the winters!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I want a brutal beat-down in the first half and a boring second half for the sole purpose of impressing Banchero with the Kennel Club in the first half, then finishing with textbook Zags basketball in the second. It would also really help if Tillie and Petrusev put on a clinic. Tomorrow night's not about BYU. It's about Banchero.

92-84

Gonzaga

Gonzaga 89
    BYU 63

Hoping to see the best defense of the year. I'm hoping we can hold them to 63 points and believe we can.
    It's time to get some tacos. Come on Ninja Shooters....let's get hot tonight.
    7 Zags in double figures. We can do it.
    Less than ten turnovers. We can do that too.
    Shoot above 79% from Free Throw line.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I predict that BYU will get not just a flop warning but an actual flop technical due to multiple violations.

I think if BYU was playing with Chiilds it would give them a real chance to win this game. They might actually be better than their record, and they've played a lot of games without him. They've either beaten or given a number of good teams a run this year. Only loss with Childs was to SMC. And they've played just fine in K2 over the years. But Zags win this one going away down the stretch, I think it will be high scoring.

Zags 92
    BYU 79
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Another easy win that many will fret about before it's played.

Gonzaga - 91
    BYU - 74

I think a lot of you are underestimating BYU. With Childs they are a top 25 team. Without him they are a top 40 team with lots of talent and decent depth still.

I will say 80-71 Zags.