Thread: NBC/MSN Bracketology: No not have a seizure!!! lol

Default NBC/MSN Bracketology: No not have a seizure!!! lol

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...BBYX46RNBC/MSN Bracket.
    These so called experts are still trying to move Baylor to the top line and ahead of us in the rankings. It's worth arguing this,.... Is it the Power 5 that attracts these people or is it too that the WCC isn't thought highly of. Both likely. Never seen a no 1 team get treated this way when it keeps winning.
    We need to begin crushing opponents. Over all though, we do need to win and win big. These Power 5 teams will lose come February and surely in their own tournaments. It's a campaign I tell ya.!! One we can overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    These so called experts are still trying to move Baylor to the top line and ahead of us in the rankings. It's worth arguing this,.... Is it the Power 5 that attracts these people or is it too that the WCC isn't thought highly of. Both likely. Never seen a no 1 team get treated this way when it keeps winning.
    We need to begin crushing opponents. Over all though, we do need to win and win big. These Power 5 teams will lose come February and surely in their own tournaments. It's a campaign I tell ya.!! One we can overcome.
    Agree totally. It’s a p.r. campaign and it matters. Zags could slip slide to a 2 seed w/o even losing a game if the in their back pocket media have their way. Just listen to the likes of Doovich, Bile-as, Chopper Jay and Three Faced Greenberg. Few’s comment that it doesn’t matter is just spin.

Guys I am probably one of the few if not the only one that believes that Baylor SHOULD be ranked ahead of us...they have more Q1 wins and only loss came in the first game of the season to a RANKED UW team...we lost at the time to an unranked UM team.

I also don’t believe that these rankings will have any bearing on the seed we get...be it a #1 or #2 seed it is still in Spokane...

However, I agree with you two and Hoop that there is tremendous East Coast BIAS but when the committee meets IMO, IF we don’t lose any more games, we will be on the top line of the brackets...

My link worked when i posted. Jazz or Bogo. Did it work for you?

Nope. I just take your word as gospel on everything......

Zags play a higher ranked team this week, BYU, than Baylor plays. For the Dookies ..... Clemson currently leads Dook 31-26.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

It’s probably a bit like the stock market, where it’s not a measure of objective value per se but as a measure of the perceived value (these two should be very close at any given time). While the “consumer confidence” of poll rankings doesn’t affect the end result, I think it likely has a big influence on the popularity contest that is college basketball recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    It’s probably a bit like the stock market, where it’s not a measure of objective value per se but as a measure of the perceived value (these two should be very close at any given time). While the “consumer confidence” of poll rankings doesn’t affect the end result, I think it likely has a big influence on the popularity contest that is college basketball recruiting.
    You nailed it.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Good job LIZ. It such disrespect to our Zags! At least ESPN Joey keeps us as a 1 seed in Spokane.

Duke goes down tonight. What will the writers say!! And when Baylor goes down! What then?? Bound to happen.

No...

Duke goes down tonight. What will the writers say!! And when Baylor goes down! What then?? Bound to happen.
    Then the narrative can switch to Auburn should leapfrog the zags. No shortage of power-league teams.

At this point the Zags best wins have become somewhat diminished....what looked like very good wins against UNC, Washington, Arizona, Oregon are losing their value as those teams struggle. And outside of SMC and BYU there are no other opponents to raise the Zags resume....
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    At this point the Zags best wins have become somewhat diminished....what looked like very good wins against UNC, Washington, Arizona, Oregon are losing their value as those teams struggle. And outside of SMC and BYU there are no other opponents to raise the Zags resume....
    Somewhat diminished? Heck, of the 4 marquee games we won, 3 have dropped like flies. At least last year, our mantra was "we beat Duke." There is no overriding theme to contest the naysayers east of the Mississippi River.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Somewhat diminished? Heck, of the 4 marquee games we won, 3 have dropped like flies. At least last year, our mantra was "we beat Duke." There is no overriding theme to contest the naysayers east of the Mississippi River.
    I thought this year OOC was going to be GU's toughest (and potentially most impressive) ever.

But the 16-17 final4 team is, at this point, looking tougher.

As per the end of year Kenpom, those guys beat #5, #17, #18 in the OOC part of the schedule. (Florida, ISU, Arizona)

This year we beat 18, 19, and 44. (Oregon, AZ, Washington). Things may move up or down, but I think both UW and Arizona will continue to fall. (UW w/o a point guard, and UNC without anthony or morale)

as the conference seasons wear on, one thing the Zags can say is they won on the road vs. AZ and UW. teams have sucked on the road in the power conferences and Zags did it back to back

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    as the conference seasons wear on, one thing the Zags can say is they won on the road vs. AZ and UW. teams have sucked on the road in the power conferences and Zags did it back to back
    All we can do is keep chopping wood.

All we can do is keep chopping wood.
    yep that part of the equation remains consistent each season, inverted schedule, all that

Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Oregon
    Good point, just doesn't have the same resonance as Duke.

Good point, just doesn't have the same resonance as Duke.
    Agreed

Ultimately, being a 2 seed with SDSU as a 1 seed would be a great draw.

We are kinda stuck. Scribes have their biases. All we can do at this point is beat the crap out of the rest of the teams schedule. We'll see how that idea goes this upcoming weekend. Like Tex says......keep chopping wood.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 01-16-2020 at 01:40 AM.

I am one that thinks one of the best things that can happen to this team is being leapfrogged by other teams despite no losses on our part.

That ought to put a fire into these guys that might have been lacking in the first week.

It's not a big deal, but I don't think it would harm us.

Beating BYU twice would be an accomplishment, especially with Childs back in a bit.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.