Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: "Other Games" Archive # 2

There's also a debate tonight among the remaining contenders for the Democratic nomination.

Somebody at the DNC should be fired over this, scheduling a debate on the night of the College Football Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is Seannie dead cat walking?
    I have no idea. He's survived so far with all of the scandal talk. Last several years have been mediocre. They could certainly do worse, but they aren't a program on the rise, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I have no idea. He's survived so far with all of the scandal talk. Last several years have been mediocre. They could certainly do worse, but they aren't a program on the rise, that's for sure.
    I'd argue that their ratio of TALENT/RESULTS has been the worst in the nation the last 5 years. Isn't that a pretty serious indictment of the coaching?

They've won an NCAA game in just one season in that time. They've gotten upset by far worse (and much higher seeded teams) repeatedly. Last year missed the tourney completely.

All while holding a roster of 5* recruits, future NBA guys, and all americans.

'16 - As a 6 seed, lost in the first round of the NCAA tourney to an 11 seed. At least they won 1 game in the Pac12 tourney.
    '17 - Earned a 2 seed to the dance. Beat a #15 and #7 seed, lost to an #11 seed.
    '18 - Lost first round tourney game to a 13 seed as a 4 seed despite future 1st overall pick (Ayton) and NBA guys Trier and Alkins
    '19 - Did not make NCAA Tourney. Lost first game of Pac12 Tourney
    '20 - W/ a team of 3 first-round draft picks and some 5* upperclassmen, they are 7th in the Pac12. No good wins. Best wins are @ home VS ASU or Illinois.

Sean Miller has consistently underperformed with the talent that he gets of late. I feel like they need to get someone else in there. The AD and the fan base should be close to the end of the rope with him. They can’t even justify keeping him because of his results, like some could say about maybe Coach K or Bill Self. Scandal aside, I’m not a hater and generally root for them to do well because my good friend is fan, I respected/liked them under Lute, and they are a local team for me now.

Jazz, would your friend in Moraga coach for UofA?

I'm hoping it's an Offensive shootout. Hot Dogs w/ a Sam Smith's Winter Welcome Ale for dinner. Hoping the storm doesn't knock out the power before the game's over.

And Tex, the Des Moines debate is tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I'd argue that their ratio of TALENT/RESULTS has been the worst in the nation the last 5 years. Isn't that a pretty serious indictment of the coaching?

They've won an NCAA game in just one season in that time. They've gotten upset by far worse (and much higher seeded teams) repeatedly. Last year missed the tourney completely.

All while holding a roster of 5* recruits, future NBA guys, and all americans.
    Alford at UCLA was significantly worse than Miller in the talent/results ratio, but UCLA moved on. Surely there must be a few others that were worse? Romar wasn't at UW for the entirety of that time frame but he was really bad too (why are all of these coaches from the Pac 12?!). If not for Frank Kaminsky, Sean Miller would have 2 Final 4's and the narrative about him would be a bit kinder.

aren't the new commercials coming out tonight? Or is that the night of the NFL Championship Game?
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    aren't the new commercials coming out tonight? Or is that the night of the NFL Championship Game?
    The Dr. Pepper "Big Fan" Commercial series is supposed to conclude tonight, Reborn. There will probably be some advertisements for new movies too.

The Super Bowl typically has a huge line-up of new ads.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Sean Miller has consistently underperformed with the talent that he gets of late. I feel like they need to get someone else in there. The AD and the fan base should be close to the end of the rope with him. They can’t even justify keeping him because of his results, like some could say about maybe Coach K or Bill Self. Scandal aside, I’m not a hater and generally root for them to do well because my good friend is fan, I respected/liked them under Lute, and they are a local team for me now.

Jazz, would your friend in Moraga coach for UofA?
    Maybe. Randy’s from PHX and his dad was a coaching legend in the state. But he won’t win the press conference.

Maybe. Randy’s from PHX and his dad was a coaching legend in the state. But he won’t win the press conference.
    I keep expecting a Pac12 team to make him an offer he can’t refuse. It’d be interesting to see how a guy who does so much with so little can do with a different recruiting pond to fish in. I thought ASU would be a better fit because it would be more under the radar, but my hope was crushed when they hired Christian Laettner’s less likable ex-teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    There's also a debate tonight among the remaining contenders for the Democratic nomination.

Somebody at the DNC should be fired over this, scheduling a debate on the night of the College Football Championship.

Uh, it's tomorrow night.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Arkansas PB - 61
    Alabama St - 56

Default Other Games - Tuesday - 1. 14. 20

Top 25 / OOC Foes

Nebraska @ #21 Ohio State
    #3 Duke @ Clemson
    #11 Louisville @ Pitt
    LSU @ Texas A&M

VCU @ #13 Dayton
    #23 Texas Tech @ Kansas State
    DePaul @ #14 Villanova

#6 Kansas @ Oklahoma
    TCU @ #12 West Virginia
    #17 MD @ Wisconsin

#7 San Diego State @ Fresno State

Full Slate: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00114/group/50
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-14-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I'm hoping it's an Offensive shootout. Hot Dogs w/ a Sam Smith's Winter Welcome Ale for dinner. Hoping the storm doesn't knock out the power before the game's over.

And Tex, the Des Moines debate is tomorrow.
    Oops, thanks Reno and 50 for the correction.

It's the SDSU game for me. I don't mind streaming a CBB game (I have a Chromecast dongle), but it's always easier when the game is on an actual channel. It will be Eric Rothman and Richie Schueler on the call.

Winston was never all that. Just knee jerk media who saw clicks in his tragic situation and unconditional love for Izzy, who still stinks from the MSU scandal, imo.
    I agree, Winston is over-hyped. With that embarrassing loss to Purdue, Michigan State's pre-season scrimmage loss to our Zags is also starting to lose whatever lustre it had to begin with, but it "floated our boat" initially here "on the boards", as I recall.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    It's the SDSU game for me. I don't mind streaming a CBB game (I have a Chromecast dongle), but it's always easier when the game is on an actual channel. It will be Eric Rothman and Richie Schueler on the call.
    SDSU game for me as well.

As an aside, what is a Chromecast dongle? And is it legal to "google a dongle"? Guess I'll find out!
    Last edited by ProVeeZag; 01-14-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spell
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    SDSU game for me as well.
    As an aside, what is a Chromecast dongle? And is it legal to "google a dongle"? Guess I'll find out!
    Google Chromecast is a gizmo (only $35) that hooks up to the back of a smart TV and will mirror whatever video is playing on your laptop / tablet / smartphone. It comes in handy when you want to watch a game on your TV that is not on ESPN / FS1 / CBSSN / whatever.

Default Other Games - Wednesday - 1. 15. 2020

Top 25 / OOC Foes / Others

#18 Seton Hall @ #5 Butler
    #10 Kentucky @ South Carolina

Virginia @ #9 Florida State
    #25 Creighton @ Georgetown

Iowa State @ #2 Baylor
    North Dakota @ South Dakota St
    Vanderbilt @ Arkansas
    St. John's @ Providence

#4 Auburn @ Alabama
    #16 Wichita St. @ Temple
    Penn St. @ Minnesota
    SMU @ Houston

Stanford @ UCLA

Full Slate: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00115/group/50
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-15-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Default Other Games - Thursday - 1. 16. 2020

WCC

San Diego @ BYU
    LMU @ Pepperdine
    Pacific @ Portland
    SCU @ #1 Gonzaga

Top 25 / OOC Foes / Others

Cinn. @ #22 Memphis

North Texas @ Southern Miss
    CSUB @ UMKC 5:00pm
    Det Mcy @ Milwaukee
    Utah @ Arizona
    UTA @ Louisiana

#8 Oregon @ Wash. State
    #20 Colorado @ Ariz. State

EWU @ Idaho
    Oregon State @ [I]Washington

Schedule: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00116/group/50

In other news: ESPN College Game day with Reece, Jay, LaPhonso, and Seth returns this Saturday @ 8:00am PST. . .based on Saturday's TV schedule. it looks like they'll be doing the show from Cameron Arena, where later in the day #11 Louisville will be taking on #3 Duke.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-17-2020 at 11:01 AM.

At the moment ... Clemson is ahead of Duke 22-19 @ 8:58 in the 1st ..... interesting.

I'm looking here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Duke down 7 at the half.

Gonna be embarrassing to the bought and paid for blue blood pundits when Baylor loses to ISU tomw.

Gonna be embarrassing to the bought and paid for blue blood pundits when Baylor loses to ISU tomw.
    A gutsy call jazz - no hilton magic to rely on tomorrow.

Duke 35
    Clemson 40
    19:30, 2H

Jon Crispin does a good job as analyst. He calls . lot of Big 10 games; haven't heard him before.