Top 25 /OOC Foes

#8 Michigan State @ Purdue
    #23 Wichita State @ UConn
    #19 Michigan @ Minnesota

#21 Memphis @ South Florida
    Utah @ #25 Colorado

#24 Arizona @ Oregon State 82 - 65 !!

Full Slate: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00112/group/50
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-21-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Arizona taking on the Beavs in Corvallis? Make no mistake, I'm no fan of AZ, but a win by Wildcats in Corvallis would be helpful for Zags.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Michigan State 12
    Purdue 32
    4:37, 1H

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Michigan State 12
    Purdue 32
    4:37, 1H
    Love to see MSU lose today...yes, their loss would add credibility to Purdue’s be chosen for the Dance...

Wichita State 55
    UConn 44

10:34

We hear a lot from morons like Dakich about our weak league, and how we'd likely fare in the B1G or some other power conference, but I can say with confidence I can't imagine us getting beaten by 30 by a cellar-dweller the way MSU just fell to Purdue.

That goes whether we are in the WCC, PAC-12, B1G or really any conference.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

WSU vs. UConn went to 2OT. Shockers pulled off the win, 89 - 86

Minnesota held serve on its home court, defeating Michigan 75 - 67. I haven't checked the stats but I think road wins within the B1G conference are pretty scarce so far

WSU vs. UConn went to 2OT. Shockers pulled off the win, 89 - 86

Minnesota held serve on its home court, defeating Michigan 75 - 67. I haven't checked the stats but I think road wins within the B1G conference are pretty scarce so far
    Is Juwan still a genius?

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Arizona taking on the Beavs in Corvallis?. .win by Wildcats in Corvallis would be helpful for Zags.
    Essential rather than helpful since Michigan now has FIVE losses and UW is sinking and will get worse without a point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Is Juwan still a genius?
    Did someone actually say that?
    Listen I'm sure he's a good coach and recruiter. If someone called him a genius because they got off to a nice start that might be jumping the gun a little.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Did someone actually say that?
    Listen I'm sure he's a good coach and recruiter. If someone called him a genius because they got off to a nice start that might be jumping the gun a little.
    When they beat the Zags all the ESPN lackeys were hyper effusive in their praise. Seth Greenberg said they were the best team in the country and heaped hosannas on Juwan. What has Blue done for the lately?

Default Other Games - Monday - 01. 13. 2020 ( BCS FB Game Thread )

The only game related to GU's season will pit two OOC foes against one another in a SWAC tilt:

Arkansas- Pine Bluff (NET 345) @ Alabama State (NET 343) . 5:30pm

LSU vs. Clemson

The rest of Monday's games are listed here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00113/group/50

Have a good day.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-13-2020 at 10:02 PM.

AZ down 8 late to Oregon State.

This OOC slate of opponents sure looked a lot better a month ago.

UNC will be lucky to get an NIT invite, UW will be lucky to have a winning record, and Michigan/AZ will be lucky to end the season ranked.

Yikes.

When they beat the Zags all the ESPN lackeys were hyper effusive in their praise. Seth Greenberg said they were the best team in the country and heaped hosannas on Juwan. What has Blue done for the lately?
    Seth had to sell something man, they all do. basing analysis on what happened in the third straight game played in 48 hours, including the OT late game the night before of the losing team and more, to proclaim whatever for the winning team, is used car sales stuff

the road has been rough on MI but big home games ahead for Juwan to win back some lost chips. we'll see

Is Juwan still a genius?
    Beilein might be....and he might be looking for a job...

Purdue absolutely thrashed Michigan State Sunday by 29 points (!), 71-42. Spartan's much bally-hooed star Cassius Winston scored 10 pts with 5 assists and had 9 (N-I-N-E) turnovers. I watched most of this "contest" on the tube and thought MSU was not at all prepared for this game.

This morning the AP pollsters dropped Michigan State from 8th all the way down to 15th.
    —Kurt Vonnegut

The only game related to GU's season will pit two OOC foes against one another in a SWAC tilt:

Arkansas- Pine Bluff (NET 345) @ Alabama State (NET 343) . 5:30pm

LSU vs. Clemson 5:00pm. ESPN

The rest of Monday's games are listed here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...00113/group/50

Have a good day.
    Anyone have an idea where I can stream that Pine Bluff vs Alabama State tilt? Would like to be able to "jump" from the football game during timeouts.
    PS - Don't spend a lotta time researching this!
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Anyone have an idea where I can stream that Pine Bluff vs Alabama State tilt? Would like to be able to "jump" from the football game during timeouts.
    PS - Don't spend a lotta time researching this!

Clemson sports fans are gonna' stay busy tonight.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Beilein might be....and he might be looking for a job...
    That is an all time classic, should've stayed where he was. Would've been better for him and Michigan, and who was going to win w/ the Cavs this year?

So it's gotten so bad that Arizona losing by 17 at Oregon St. (and giving up 51 2nd half points) is barely even noteworthy. This season went down the toilet fast. I think Gonzaga broke them. Or maybe they were already broken but it wasn't apparent yet.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    So it's gotten so bad that Arizona losing by 17 at Oregon St. (and giving up 51 2nd half points) is barely even noteworthy. This season went down the toilet fast. I think Gonzaga broke them. Or maybe they were already broken but it wasn't apparent yet.
    Our wins at UW, AZ, and UNC will all look pretty unimpressive when the tournament time rolls around, but I think AZ and WA were deserving of their ranked status at the time of the game, and UNC, although not up to usual UNC level, wasn't nearly as pathetic as they've since become. Michigan was amazing in the Bahamas and ranked in the top-5 after beating GU, ISU, and UNC. But they also were playng above their depth when we faced them.

I know I don't really need to convince GU fans of this, but its frustrating that even in a year when it looked like we'd have the toughest OOC games in school history, the narrative in March might/will be that we didn't play anyone.

That is an all time classic, should've stayed where he was. Would've been better for him and Michigan, and who was going to win w/ the Cavs this year?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$.......nice annuity.

Is Seannie dead cat walking?

Purdue absolutely thrashed Michigan State Sunday by 29 points (!), 71-42. Spartan's much bally-hooed star Cassius Winston scored 10 pts with 5 assists and had 9 (N-I-N-E) turnovers. I watched most of this "contest" on the tube and thought MSU was not at all prepared for this game.

This morning the AP pollsters dropped Michigan State from 8th all the way down to 15th.
    Winston was never all that. Just knee jerk media who saw clicks in his tragic situation and unconditional love for Izzy, who still stinks from the MSU scandal, imo.