Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: "Other Games" Archive # 2

wow!
    GO ZAGS!!!

Oh boy Kansas

Wowwoowowowow
    Love the zags for life

Zags beat BYU by more than 10, Zags will be #1

Both BU And KU are tough outs, so FF is the time to face them. Even with win over BYU I think we stay #2 and try harder.
    "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

AZUBUIKE!!!!!!!! Wow 23/19/3 blocks and 8 or 9 dunks

Virginia wins on the road @ Pitt
    Auburn and Providence also win.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    Zags beat BYU by more than 10, Zags will be #1
    I like your optimism but there is no chance that the winner of the KU/Baylor game won’t be #1

Duquesne 17
    Dayton 15

10:00, 1H

I wouldn't be surprised if we went to #3 even with a win at BYU. Nor would I be surprised if we stayed at #2 or went to #1. If I had my choice, I would rather beat BYU and fall to #3. Maybe it will be a motivator to play for a full 40 minutes every night rather than the 15-20 minutes/game we've been seeing the last couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    I like your optimism but there is no chance that the winner of the KU/Baylor game won’t be #1
    And due to the close margin, Baylor will drop only to 2d.

I think KSUs manager accidentally washed their jerseys with their shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

If the Zags win, Kansas #1, Baylor #2, Zags #3, SDSU #4.

After watching the 2nd half I feel like Baylor is more of a "fixer upper" where as Kansas is more "move in ready".
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    And due to the close margin, Baylor will drop only to 2d.
    Is something wrong with that? ignore how you predict AP will vote come monday. I'm curious about the opinion of the board contributors.

Does anyone who watched the KU/Baylor game think that it would be unfair or indefensible to rate both KU and Baylor barely ahead of GU even if GU gets a win on the road tonight?

People seem to be sort of complaint-predicting that such an outcome will occur. Even if I buy the prediction that it will occur, I wouldn't be bothered by it, and could see it being justified based on the body of work from KU and Baylor.

I think if GU wins tonight, a fair and reasonable case could be made to put them anywhere from 1-3 and you'd get no complaint from me. If GU loses tonight, I think it only makes sense to rank them #4 (SDSU).

KU/Baylor was entertaining. Baylor’s bigs are not stout enough the keep Azabuike out of the paint, and never figured out how to guard the pick and roll from the middle of the floor three-point line.

I think that the Zags will drop to #3 now, and the AP will also vote on Sunday to reclassify Matt Bouldin’s, Dan Dickau’s and Adam Morrison’s coiffures to “Baylor Hair.”

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Is something wrong with that? ignore what your predict others will vote come monday. I'm curious about the opinion of the board.

Does anyone who watched the KU/Baylor game think that it would be unfair or indefensible to rate both KU and Baylor barely ahead of GU even if GU gets a win on the road tonight?

People seem to be sort of complaint-predicting that such an outcome will occur. Even if I buy the prediction that it will occur, I wouldn't be bothered by it, and could see it being justified based on the body of work from KU and Baylor.

I think if GU wins tonight, a fair and reasonable case could be made to put them anywhere from 1-3 and you'd get no complaint from me. If GU loses tonight, I think it only makes sense to rank them #4 (SDSU).
    If the #3 beats the #2, they should trade places. It will be interesting to see how the sports writers and coaches view the legitimacy of Baylor’s rank (or feel remorse for dropping GU despite them not losing). Assuming GU wins, that would be a top-25 win on the road, which not a small accomplishment, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    After watching the 2nd half I feel like Baylor is more of a "fixer upper" where as Kansas is more "move in ready".
    You've been watching too much HGTV. If Baylor is a fixer upper, what's her name has a myriad of possibilities to work with.

I do think the Zags would be better off facing Baylor because of the Bears lack of elite shooting. Kansas doesn't appear to have anything to point to that would make you think they can be exploited.

If we run into Kansas in the championship game we have a shooters chance ---- Zags primary strengths are balance and bigs ---- Azubuike is the primary big and one more big comes off the bench -- if one of them gets into foul trouble I like our chances against a bunch of 6'5" guys. Either way it means one of our bigs has a 6'5" guy guarding him -- that works for me.

little research shows they should get De Sousa back in time for the dance --that will give them some more big depth-- make it a bit tougher on us in the 'ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    If we run into Kansas in the championship game we have a shooters chance ---- Zags primary strengths are balance and bigs ---- Azubuike is the primary big and one more big comes off the bench -- if one of them gets into foul trouble I like our chances against a bunch of 6'5" guys. Either way it means one of our bigs has a 6'5" guy guarding him -- that works for me.

little research shows they should get De Sousa back in time for the dance --that will give them some more big depth-- make it a bit tougher on us in the 'ship.
    De Souza was a flop, 8 mins a game or something. Dotson is the key. Who guards him, who’s he guard?

I think either Kansas or Baylor would present big time challenges for us. Both have excellent drivers of the ball and we have a lot of difficulty with driving teams. The Kansas big guy is the bulky athletic type that could likely bully our bigs with the potential to get at least one of our bigs in early foul trouble. And they both deploy "up in your grill" defenses which have also given us problems in the past. Of the two, I would rather play Baylor first due to their lack of substantial bigs down low but, yea, would rather meet either one in the FF rather than earlier. If we lose to BYU tonight, I also see the potential for a #3 ranking next week, or even lower, with both of these teams above us. This might still be possible even if we beat BYU in a close game.

I haven't watched Baylor or Kansas a whole lot this year, but it's not hard to figure out that as Udoke goes, so goes Kansas for the most part. And Baylor reminds me of a poor man's version of last year's ZAGS. What I mean by that is that I think Gillespie is pretty similar to Hachimura, but I don't see a Clarke on their team. Nor do I see a Norvell. And I certainly don't see a Petrusev or Tillie coming off the bench.
    The good news for the ZAGS is that they're obviously very familiar with playing last year's version of the ZAGS. And we have the depth to get Udoke into foul trouble. I'd say that I like our chances

Purdue is really bad on offense. Clearly Michigan can defend at an elite level when they try to, but wow, this is ugly. 29 points in nearly 30 minutes? yuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Is something wrong with that? ignore how you predict AP will vote come monday. I'm curious about the opinion of the board contributors.

No issues with any of it. You could argue the top spot for any of the top 4 teams. I think it’s more interesting that there appears to be separation of the 4 from the rest of the pack.

Also,

In Marquette’s loss to Providence, Howard took 25 shots (officially, many more with fouls, he had 17 fts). The other 8 players took 24 shots