• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

Which Game Would You Prefer Zags Lose?

Convinced Zags won’t run the WCC schedule (and don’t need to do it.) Also believe a loss at some point would be a wake-up call.

If I could pick, I’d choose 2/22 @ BYU. Wouldn’t effect the conference standings, on the road late in the season against a good team. If not then, than semi or final in the WCC tourney. Undefeated into the NCAAs accomplishes nothing but increases pressure, IMHO.

But, what’s your view and rationale?
  • Club Prez
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

After watching Gonzaga basketball for over 40 years, I have seen enough losses. I prefer that they do not lose. Plus they have gone undefeated in WCC play in the past, so it is possible this year as well.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

There’s an answer to that question but it is lodged somewhere between my head and my heart.

Comment

• tummydoc
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

I'd prefer the next loss is the blue team during Kraziness 2020

Comment

• Zagger
          Banned
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
          I'd prefer the next loss is the blue team during Kraziness 2020
          Ya Mon! Me 2!

Comment

• gonzagafan62
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

I don’t prefer losses
            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Also screw BYU
              Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• jpn17
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Dec 2011

I dont think a loss is a certainty and I definitely wouldn't prefer them to lose any and especially not to BYU.

Comment

• LTownZag
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
                  I don’t prefer losses
                  This board is in general so frustratingly stubborn. So many mindlessly predictable responses that don't even address the question of the original post if they aren't explicitly ra-ra homerism. For many (not all) contributors, the only "appropriate" or desired comments are some variant on "GU is the best team ever, will never lose, no player has ever underperformed, and we should all be constantly ecstatic with every element of the program."

If we are going to have a WCC loss, I'd prefer it would be the one that allows the most room for growth and learning. I suspect that would be the game against BYU in Provo.

SMC is the Jordan Ford show, I'm not sure what I can imagine learning from a loss to them.

Comment

• krozman
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2008

to answer the OP, St. Marys is the obvious answer because they've already suffered a conference loss, and a win/loss would still have them winning the conference.
                    Krozman
                    GU student 1996-2000
                    Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                      • Mar 2008

[QUOTE=LTownZag;1496213]This board is in general so frustratingly stubborn. So many mindlessly predictable responses that don't even address the question of the original post if they aren't explicitly ra-ra homerism. For many (not all) contributors, the only "appropriate" or desired comments are some variant on "GU is the best team ever, will never lose, no player has ever underperformed, and we should all be constantly ecstatic with every element of the program."

Sorry my opinion does not fall in line with your view or opinion

I don’t want a loss and instead would like to build on success with each win to become national champions

So feel free to label me stubborn or mindless i guess
                      The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Malastein
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

None, but I’d get bored if they won every game. Part of being a fan is living through the drama of the ups and downs.
                        The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• jpn17
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Dec 2011

[QUOTE=Hoopaholic;1496218]
                          Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                          This board is in general so frustratingly stubborn. So many mindlessly predictable responses that don't even address the question of the original post if they aren't explicitly ra-ra homerism. For many (not all) contributors, the only "appropriate" or desired comments are some variant on "GU is the best team ever, will never lose, no player has ever underperformed, and we should all be constantly ecstatic with every element of the program."

Sorry my opinion does not fall in line with your view or opinion

I don’t want a loss and instead would like to build on success with each win to become national champions

So feel free to label me stubborn or mindless i guess

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • May 2019

If there has to be a loss I would prefer it be to a team that plays at a slow pace. St Mary's, UOP(they played slow last year). Those are the most frustrating games for a team that likes to get out in transition. I think its pretty tough for a team to outscore us in a high possession high speed game. If we have take a loss I would like it to be a grind out game so we learn to deal with it if it comes up in the future.

Comment

• katman50
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

BYU in Provo.

Comment

Working...
                              X