Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMU Win: Post Game Thoughts, Observations, and Media

Arlauskas is going to help the Zags big time some day. I like his game too. Just needs to be patient. He certainly has the attitude and tools.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I feel terrible for Anton. He can't catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Petrusev was knocking down his free throws later in the game. Just shows how improvements can be made with all of the practice he had during the game!
    Petro 8 for 11. Started ugly but finished strong. 63% as a team from the FT line, unfortunately is the same old story. I'm going to be optimistic and say they were only 2 more makes away from 70%.

Default TSSF: 10 Observations from GU vs. LMU

Story Link: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...gas-win-at-lmu

The Zags took care of business this weekend, and tightened things up significantly at the defensive end which allowed them to move up 15 spots in KenPom’s defensive efficiency rankings after the two game set in Southern California. They will need to build on these performances with a challenging weekend ahead as Santa Clara (fresh off an upset win at Saint Mary’s) and BYU head to Spokane looking to enhance their NCAA Tournament profiles.
    If you were wondering how poor the shooting was on both sides, it took 16 minutes before there was a made 3-pointer from either team. Admon Gilder’s three with 4 minutes left in the half ended a combined 0-15 effort from the arc.

Three Minute Highlight Video from the LMU game is available here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoGgDx-KH4w

Thumbs up Gary Parrish : I'm keeping the Zags at # 1

Story Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...inning-streak/

. . .So there is nothing crazy about ranking Baylor No. 1 right now. The Bears are awesome and worthy. But, that said, I've decided to leave Gonzaga No. 1 in the CBS Sports Top 25 And 1 daily college basketball rankings because to drop the Zags from the top spot while on a 10-game winning streak would be tantamount to dropping the Zags for being members of the West Coast Conference -- and I'm not a fan of punishing teams based on league affiliation. All Mark Few can do at Gonzaga is schedule aggressively in the non-league portion of his schedule; everything else is out of his control. So he took his team to the Battle 4 Atlantis, agreed to road games at Washington and Arizona, agreed to a home game with North Carolina and generally challenged his program as much as anybody could reasonably expect. And when the Zags were done with that stretch of non-league games, I, and most others, had them ranked No. 1 in the country.

I see no great reason to change now.

It's not like the Zags have been struggling. They haven't lost in six weeks. They've won their four West Coast Conference games by an average of 21.8 points. Their lone loss on the season is a neutral-court loss to a Michigan team that's better than the Washington team that dealt Baylor its only loss. And, for what it's worth, Gonzaga's resume features a win over that same Washington team that dealt Baylor its only loss.