X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Spokesman-Review : "3 Keys To Victory" feature: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...e-bulldogs-vi/

Includes Photo Gallery

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Jim Meehan's Game Story: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...lly-its-offen/

Watson was off to a nice start with a rebound, an assist and a steal but he absorbed a hard foul while finishing a layup. His left shoulder popped out of place, a recurring problem that began Nov. 15 against Texas A&M, and he sat out the remainder of the game.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Timme looked great. Love his energy and intensity. Nice seeing Kispert be leading scorer. As others have said, a workmanlike road victory for Zags. Not very pretty but heading home w the W.

I am concerned about Watson. He fell hard into the basket stanchion w left shoulder taking a direct hit and did not return to the game. No insider info whatsoever yet common sense tells me dude should shut it down get it fixed and start rehabbing for next season. It’s getting ridiculous watching him injure it again and again. Arlauskas seems capable of providing 7-10 minutes so starters can rest.

Woolridge knee looks to be bothering him quite a bit again. If he goes down Zags suddenly very vulnerable.

Eggshells. Big week ahead!
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• SorenTodd45
          Banned
          • Jan 2019

I loved how Marty went coast to coast near the end of the game and scored. He is one of my favorite Zags, but he never gets decent playing time.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I kinda figure that when he grabbed his left wrist to stabilize his shoulder. Damn! He's such a good kid and player.

Comment

• drvenkman05
              Banned
              • Dec 2012

It’s also ridiculous that the NCAA doesn’t do anything about the mid-air body checks.

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
              Timme looked great. Love his energy and intensity. Nice seeing Kispert be leading scorer. As others have said, a workmanlike road victory for Zags. Not very pretty but heading home w the W.

I am concerned about Watson. He fell hard into the basket stanchion w left shoulder taking a direct hit and did not return to the game. No insider info whatsoever yet common sense tells me dude should shut it down get it fixed and start rehabbing for next season. It’s getting ridiculous watching him injure it again and again. Arlauskas seems capable of providing 7-10 minutes so starters can rest.

Woolridge knee looks to be bothering him quite a bit again. If he goes down Zags suddenly very vulnerable.

Eggshells. Big week ahead!

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2013

It is too bad Anton hurt his shoulder again - tough fall. Just when it seems he was starting to get comfortable with his offense a little bit the last few games. Hope he can either come back strong, or, like some have suggested, get that shoulder fixed and start looking toward next season.

Agree with those above who are impressed with Woolridge - Watching him limp a little bit today, I started to think how badly this team would miss him if he gets injured. I think it would catastrophic for their tournament hopes if he's not playing in March.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

Well, LMU did a good job, at times, funneling the Zags into the baseline corner (and vicinity) and trapping them. That might be something they see down the road and this will hopefully help them if someone deploys this strategy down the road.

Comment

• Section 116
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Regarding Watson from Krem 2 Sports:

Karthik Venkataraman
                    @KREMKarthik
                    · 1h
                    Just confirmed from Gonzaga men’s basketball that Anton Watson re-injured his shoulder again on that and one he took a spill on. I was not given a timetable on his return.

Comment

• Zagricultural
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
                      He's had ONE, yes one game since A&M he hasn't reinjured his shoulder.

Reckless mgmt of this injury imo
                      Time for Arlauskas. Seriously feel like with all the nagging injuries we need to be getting him more minutes. Love how hard he plays. Most be something with Lithuania and high motor players.

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Arlauskas is going to help the Zags big time some day. I like his game too. Just needs to be patient. He certainly has the attitude and tools.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• caduceus
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

I feel terrible for Anton. He can't catch a break.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • May 2019

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
                            Petrusev was knocking down his free throws later in the game. Just shows how improvements can be made with all of the practice he had during the game!
                            Petro 8 for 11. Started ugly but finished strong. 63% as a team from the FT line, unfortunately is the same old story. I'm going to be optimistic and say they were only 2 more makes away from 70%.

Comment

• RenoZag
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

TSSF: 10 Observations from GU vs. LMU

Story Link: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...gas-win-at-lmu

The Zags took care of business this weekend, and tightened things up significantly at the defensive end which allowed them to move up 15 spots in KenPom’s defensive efficiency rankings after the two game set in Southern California. They will need to build on these performances with a challenging weekend ahead as Santa Clara (fresh off an upset win at Saint Mary’s) and BYU head to Spokane looking to enhance their NCAA Tournament profiles.
                              If you were wondering how poor the shooting was on both sides, it took 16 minutes before there was a made 3-pointer from either team. Admon Gilder’s three with 4 minutes left in the half ended a combined 0-15 effort from the arc.

Comment

• RenoZag
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Three Minute Highlight Video from the LMU game is available here:

Gonzaga jumped out to a 16-point halftime lead, and continued to dominate in the second period as the Bulldogs downed LMU 87-62. Check out the highlights fro...

Comment

Working...
                                X