• Timme

35 44.30%
  • Gilder, Jr.

4 5.06%
  • Tillie

1 1.27%
  • Other. . .(and why )

0 0%

Thread: GUnit of the Game: @ LMU - 01. 11. 20 ?

Default GUnit of the Game: @ LMU - 01. 11. 20 ?

STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=285325

4 -0 in the WCC, following an 87 - 62 win over the LMU Lions.

5 players in double figures, led by Filip Petrusev with 16 . Zags outrebounded the Lions 41 - 23.

Free Throws: 17 - 27 ( 63%)

Who gets this afternoon's Player of the Game vote in your view ?

Nobody in particular stood out today, but went with Drew Timme for what I thought was his best game in a Zag uniform. Double double on paper, steady force on the floor. Did a lot of dirty work. +1

Timme. By a nose over Kissy. 10-11 pretty dxxx good.

Timme’s double double and his sustained energy when the rest of the team was flagging earned my vote.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Timmie looked great, like he knew it was his day to step up.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I would have voted for Timme except for his defense against Scott...he let the guy use the same move over and over again to easily score....would like to see him make the adjustment...
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Timme. Eleven boards, 10 points on 4-5 shooting, 3 assists, 2 blocks and good defense. Solid, all-around game.

Go Zags!!!

Timme for me, efficient game (doesn't miss many bunnies like some) and has a great nose for the ball, a couple of those rebounds he grabbed were out of his area...

He obviously isn't the most athletic forward, but his fundamentals are very sound

Timee Makes errors of commission compared to errors of omission By others

I thought it was gonna be Kispert for awhile with his hardnosed play but TIMME gets the nod. His best game of the year.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I can see why others voted for Timme. I could have, but I voted for Woolridge because he handled their physicality so well. I loved the way he would drive through all those big football players who were playing so tough, and just weave through them on his way to the basket. He scored 13 points and had 5 assists and 6 rebounds. I love little guys who play big.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Timme with the double double in only 20 minutes, but a strong HM to both Kispert & Woolridge. LMU always mucks it up & makes us look bad, but in the end the guys played through it, stuck with the plan and came away with another big road win.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Timee Makes errors of commission compared to errors of omission By others
    Woolridge in my book; however, Timme makes freshman mistakes as you noted but he never adjusted against Scott...that was my only issue.

Timme should be immediately disqualified until he can hit a free throw. Philip going 7/10 gets my vote.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I can see why others voted for Timme. I could have, but I voted for Woolridge because he handled their physicality so well. I loved the way he would drive through all those big football players who were playing so tough, and just weave through them on his way to the basket. He scored 13 points and had 5 assists and 6 rebounds. I love little guys who play big.

Go Zags!!!
    - yep, that is what I say too.

I voted for Timme, for the reasons others have cited above. He made a couple of very nice inside passes resulting in buckets. I thought he brought good energy into today's game at a time when it was sorely needed. Woolridge is the spark that drives the bus though; when he takes even a brief rest on the bench, it changes our offense. Few knows this also, which explains why Ryan lots so many minutes. I liked the way Petrusev finished off strongly down low, especially that lob from midcourt that he slammed down "with authority".

Teamwise, we totally dominated the glass (41-23). Also we shot 64% from the floor in the 2nd half.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Petrusev,
    most points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists
    and 8 of 11 free throws

Kisimme!

Actually cast the vote for Kispert though. His defense is improving and 6/10 shooting caught my eye. Heck, with Killian at 8 and 5 other Zags at 10 or more .... That's really pretty sweet. Woolridge and Kispert had no fouls and both over 10 points. Ayayi was a bit off yesterday (0/5 on 3s) or the Zags would have upped their point average. I really don't think anyone in the WCC is going to beat this team. Just too many daggers and D's getting better. Petrusev's 8/11 free throws (half his points) it'll be harder for teams to foul their way to a win. Hope he can keep tossing those in.
    A shout out to Glider too. It was nice seeing him break the ice on Zag 3s

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Kisimme!

Actually cast the vote for Kispert though. His defense is improving and 6/10 shooting caught my eye. Heck, with Killian at 8 and 5 other Zags at 10 or more .... That's really pretty sweet. Woolridge and Kispert had no fouls and both over 10 points. Ayayi was a bit off yesterday (0/5 on 3s) or the Zags would have upped their point average. I really don't think anyone in the WCC is going to beat this team. Just too many daggers and D's getting better. Petrusev's 8/11 free throws (half his points) it'll be harder for teams to foul their way to a win. Hope he can keep tossing those in.
    A shout out to Glider too. It was nice seeing him break the ice on Zag 3s
    Agree on all points. Nice analysis! (Although I voted for Timme based on his EFF which was way beyond any other player, largely due to his rebounds).