Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BYU vs SMC

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    You’re forgetting SMC’s starting 5 is out for the season too.
    They’re starting 5 may have been their weakest link, at least on offense. He averaged 6.5 points and 3.5 boards a game. If those kinds of numbers can’t be replaced, then they are hardly an NIT team.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    A healthy Childs in Spokane? Hardly. When he dislocated the index finger of his shooting hand in practice, the bone came through the skin. Mark Pope is being wishful or misleading when he says Childs will be fine. Highly doubt he'll play Saturday.
    I'm not a doctor, but shouldn't Childs' injury be classified as a compound fracture? That's what I recall from my Army days, i.e. when a bone pierces the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    The same team scored 58 points at home to smc in double digit loss?m and shooting 35% from 3 in season?
    I'm not saying it's a guarantee that they will shoot great from thee 3 point line.
    The question was who did I think was dangerous?
    We played Cal State Bakersfield this year and shot 8/23 34% from 3 noting special.
    USF played them the week before and shot 19/24 from 3 for a 76%. To me that is special! I think that qualifies as a team that can be very dangerous from 3. No?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I'm not saying it's a guarantee that they will shoot great from thee 3 point line.
    The question was who did I think was dangerous?
    We played Cal State Bakersfield this year and shot 8/23 34% from 3 noting special.
    USF played them the week before and shot 19/24 from 3 for a 76%. To me that is special! I think that qualifies as a team that can be very dangerous from 3. No?
    Any team who gets hot from 3 can be dangerous. Just look at Michigan
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Kenpom has BYU at #24, SMC at #33 and SFU at... #102

I didn’t think BYU and SMC were that high, or the next closest team that low. And just because I’m already looking at it, Gonzaga is 52nd on defense and everyone in the WCC is even worse. On the other side of the coin, SMC is #8 on offense and BYU #16. Someone needs to figure out the defensive side of the ball, including the Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but shouldn't Childs' injury be classified as a compound fracture? That's what I recall from my Army days, i.e. when a bone pierces the skin.
    It's not a fracture if the bone isnt broken, just a dislocation that bent far enough to break the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    It's not a fracture if the bone isnt broken, just a dislocation that bent far enough to break the skin.
    This. And assuming no infection or tendon/ligament damage, he could be back and ready to go for the Zag game.

I personally have not heard “compound dislocation” used, but I looked it up and it is a thing. Open vs closed works with fractures and dislocations, and is what you see when you try to look up a diagnosis for ICD-10 billing codes in my EMR.

Either way, Child’s injury sounds not so fun.

It's a compound dislocation, no fracture

That's what I said, Michigan is the only team that has shot the 3 ball extremely well. They were 12/23 aginst GU in Atlantis.
    You are so right any team that gets hot from 3 is dangerous.
    How many teams on our schedule have shot 76% on 19/24 3's in a game? I'm guessing, but I would say none other than USF. ( I Could be wrong) So USF has proven that they ca do it. In my opinion we have not defended the 3 particularly well this year. For whatever reason we haven't run into anyone besides Michigan that has knocked down uncontested 3's at a high clip.
    So since USF shot 76% 19/24 it in a real Division 1 game that's dangerous. In fact I would say they may be the most potentially dangerous team from 3 that we will face. They only shoot 35-36% as a team, I get it but do we have anyone else in the WCC that has shot 76% on 24 3 point attempts? I know we haven't had that % at that volume and GU can shoot!

aside from the two teams the zags just played and maybe portland...any off game from the zags could result in a loss this season. zags aren't as physically superior to the rest of the wcc compared to last year w/ clarke & rui...plus the league is stronger top to bottom.

Looks like USF got hot again from the 3 line. 52% 13/25 I would say they qualify as dangerous! BYU is not as good as Gonzaga but they were not helpless. They had Childs and shot above 50% from behind the arc. The Don's are dangerous.
    I hope when Zags play the Don's they win by 40 but I still think USF is the sleeper of the WCC this year. Excluding GU, Gales and BYU they are the best of the rest!