Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
the subs didn't shoot hot but Kale got 4 important FT's and they got rebounds and assists....the team did okay when they were in.....beside mel who played a lot at 25 min, and Kale who played 17, the other three had about 20" of time.....

stats can be interpreted in many ways and their importance has to be weighed.....

we had an overall struggle the other night......I can guarantee that Higgins is not going to be hitting every thing she throws up next time around......she'll come back to earth....Mel is not going to have a poor shooting night and Lee won't be getting into foul trouble so early..and if our coach is worth her salt she'll respectfully mention to the refs that there is a flopping foul rule now.....

its like when we played St. Mary's...if they had made a few more shots we'd have a struggle with them too....

one other thing is Kale had some terrific assists in the game....Jenn benefitted from those....so maybe the subs didn't score well but they did other stuff well....that over the shoulder pass to Jenn who hit the easy lay up was a thing of beauty....
I guess my question should have been more like a statement as I can't recall a bench not making a single basket in a game...that is what caught my attention from the box score. I can't recall ever looking at a box score and seeing that bench players didn't make one basket!

I realize important FT's were made but not a single basket...I just thought THAT stat would have stood out in our minds as why this game was closer than expected...that's all...

GO ZAGS!!!