Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2022 Recruits

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    Gonzaga’s Mark Few and his staff just completed a virtual meeting with five-star junior AJ Casey Jr. he told
    @Stockrisers

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rival...ard-isaacs-jr-

In the video interview he seemed very interested in GU. Hope that's a good sign.

Last edited by bdmiller7; 12-28-2020 at 07:33 PM.

I personally would rather have foreign recruits be bog guys like Sabonis, and Karnowski instesd of guards. I know Joel is an exception. There are always excellent guards here and in Canada, but to me there are more skilled big men in Europe. I would love to see some more big men like Tillie, Sabonis, and Karnowski in the future. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    zona has been copying the zag route lately in going after international players...especially after the scandal, as it doesn't seem to have impacted international recruiting as much.
    as an aside, how sleazy is it that prolific prep just hired mark phelps as head coach? he was one of the zona assistants fired in the wake of the fbi sting.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    zona has been copying the zag route lately in going after international players...especially after the scandal, as it doesn't seem to have impacted international recruiting as much.
    as an aside, how sleazy is it that prolific prep just hired mark phelps as head coach? he was one of the zona assistants fired in the wake of the fbi sting.
    If he pays those recruits and is supposedly no longer at arizona, then arizona can just start paying players earlier while they are still in high school. What a sleazy operation arizona is. This should tell you all you need to know about them, when they rallied aehind miller, when this paying players first came about. Why didn't they fire him when this first came about ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I personally would rather have foreign recruits be bog guys like Sabonis, and Karnowski instesd of guards. I know Joel is an exception. There are always excellent guards here and in Canada, but to me there are more skilled big men in Europe. I would love to see some more big men like Tillie, Sabonis, and Karnowski in the future. Just my opinion.
    Funny you say that because Mark was once of the exact same opinion until Ayayi busted out. He was right though you need to find the right Euro PG and they are very difficult to find. Mark had been burned in the past with Euro PGs. Ayayi has really learned how to play and will be in the league next year.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Funny you say that because Mark was once of the exact same opinion until Ayayi busted out. He was right though you need to find the right Euro PG and they are very difficult to find. Mark had been burned in the past with Euro PGs. Ayayi has really learned how to play and will be in the league next year.
    IMHO:
    Ayayi is in danger of becoming GU's greatest success story in terms of player development.
    Ayayi would be a second team AA if he was on another team. Seriously. He'd be pushing a triple double with a few forced turnovers. His defense is good right now, it could be great by the end of the year.