Thread: 2022 Recruits

Default 2022 Recruits

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    · 5h
    Gonzaga will send an assistant in this evening for five-star guard Skyy Clark, a source told @Stockrisers; The Zags fourth time sending staff to watch Clark. Possible visit in works.

Score Zags Score Podcast
    @ScoreZagsScore
    ·
    45m
    Currently the No. 18 recruit in the class of 2022

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AEFE&FORM=VIRE

Clark is a West Coast Elite guy as if just recently - don’t hold your breath on him coming to Gonzaga. Obviously this is just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoko13 View Post
    Clark is a West Coast Elite guy as if just recently - don’t hold your breath on him coming to Gonzaga. Obviously this is just my humble opinion.
    Use to be my mindset, but with all this recent success, I won't rule GU out on any recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    · 5h
    Gonzaga will send an assistant in this evening for five-star guard Skyy Clark, a source told @Stockrisers; The Zags fourth time sending staff to watch Clark. Possible visit in works.

Score Zags Score Podcast
    @ScoreZagsScore
    ·
    45m

It's early but there is mutual interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    · 5h

Score Zags Score Podcast
    @ScoreZagsScore
    ·
    45m

His name - Skyy Clark reminds me of "Sky King"...anyone else remember???

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Yep.

But other than flying around in an airplane, I don't remember what the basic plot lines were.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Yep.

But other than flying around in an airplane, I don't remember what the basic plot lines were.
    So is it good that I can remember that far back but can’t remember where I put my car keys.... Plot...what the heck is that...lol

To get back on track...what kind of Guard is Skyy...PG/SG/CG...big or little...

To get back on track...what kind of Guard is Skyy...PG/SG/CG...big or little...
    247 has him as a 6'2" combo and rivals as a point...so the answer is yes. He is a guard.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Default Fanbo Zeng

"All-Orlando area boys basketball standout Fanbo Zeng returned home to China this month after his Central Florida school, Windermere Prep, closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The 6-foot-9 sophomore, who was named to the Orlando Sentinel All-Area first team for the 2019-20 season, is completing a mandatory 14-day quarantine period before he can rejoin his family in his hometown of Harbin, according to Windermere Prep coach Brian Hoff. Hoff said Zeng is isolated in a hotel room, but he has been able to stay in touch and will be able to complete his Windermere Prep classwork online.

... Zeng, who was arguably Windermere Prep’s top player as a freshman in his first year in the U.S., solidified his status as a high-major college basketball prospect with a stellar sophomore season. He averaged 15.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.6 blocked shots and 2.1 assists for a Lakers team that finished 27-4 with a 54-53 loss to Jacksonville Jackson ... the state runner-up in that class.

... "The strength of his game is his versatility and that he does so much well,” Hoff said. “He shot 47% from the 3-point line as a 6-9 sophomore. That is unheard of. He’s an outstanding passer. He’s extremely efficient. Great timing on blocking shots. "He will be a unique player [at the next level] because he does so much well.”

Hoff said a number of major colleges have expressed interest, with Gonzaga and FSU “recruiting him the hardest right now." Hoff, who played at FSU, said Gonzaga was planning an April visit to see Zeng before the coronavirus pandemic broke out and the NCAA shut down live recruiting.

Zeng was one of seven sophomores out of 118 prospects invited to last summer’s NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp. Most of the invitees were current seniors. He is again on the list for that camp, scheduled to be held June 14-19 at the University of Virginia.

... Hoff said Zeng, who recently turned 17, will be on the Chinese national team that is scheduled to play in the FIBA Under-17 World Cup July 4-12 in Bulgaria."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...2fy-story.html
    See also: https://247sports.com/Player/Fanbo-Zeng-46099270/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Wow, pretty impressive for a Frosh.

Got to think GU's reputation with international recruits will give them a good chance with another Pacific Rim prospect.

Rui's tutelage and handling could not be faulted.

GU: International big man pre-NBA school of choice!

Still have a post card of Sky King standing in front of his plane...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Sky King and his niece, Penny!

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Sky King and his niece, Penny!
    I read this and thought "Why can't these guys stay on topic?" But then I thought "Well, at least it's better than reading 'Skyy Clark and his new coach Penny'."
    Last edited by SLOZag; 03-29-2020 at 10:19 PM.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Default Dylan Anderson

"Four-star recruit and Arizona native Dylan Anderson ... standing ... six-foot-ten ... is a top 50 recruit in the class of 2022 according to 247 Sports. He’s also the No. 6 highest-rated center. ... “Right now I’m more of a four trying to change it to a three. I like running more than just standing in the post just trying to get big. I want to play both positions, like Giannis (Antetokounmpo) but with a jump shot.”"
    "Anderson holds offers from Arizona, Arizona State, California, Gonzaga, ... Grand Canyon" and, most recently, Kansas.

https://throughthephog.com/2020/04/1...-second-round/
    SLOZag

Default Skyy Clark

"Five-star combo guard Skyy Clark is reportedly transferring to BA from Heritage Christian in Northridge, Ca., where he led the Warriors to a 26-5 record and an appearance in the Elite Eight round of the Division 2AA southern sectional. ... Heading into his junior season, Clark has interest from top programs including Kentucky, UCLA, Gonzaga, Kansas, Florida St. and Auburn. He’s also picked up offers from Tennessee and Oregon recently. Kentucky is reported to be the early favorite for the five-star guard."

More here: https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports...-2022-prospect
    SLOZag

Skyy looks destined to be a Wildcat, going to prep school in Tennessee. If he were a little taller he might be a one and done.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Skyy looks destined to be a Wildcat, going to prep school in Tennessee. If he were a little taller he might be a one and done.
    He is most likely one and done as it is. I wouldn't rule us out, but we will fight half the country for him.

Here in Kentucky they think they already have him all sowed up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Here in Kentucky they think they already have him all sowed up.
    And that shouldn't shock anyone because Kentucky always thinks they have it in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    And that shouldn't shock anyone because Kentucky always thinks they have it in the bag.
    Yes they do. I am telling you there are some real jewels here in the commonwealth.

So any word on what 2022 point guards we are recruiting since by all accounts Suggs will be gone by then? Kind of forgot who was in the pipeline so need a reminder of who to watch

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    So any word on what 2022 point guards we are recruiting since by all accounts Suggs will be gone by then? Kind of forgot who was in the pipeline so need a reminder of who to watch
    I think Nolan Hickman, Isael Silva, and Zaon Collins have all been mentioned as targets for 2021. Would guess Suggs is gone by then.

Default Caleb Houstan

Caleb Houstan, the # 5 recruit for 2022 according to Rivals, is a 6'8" SF who is starting his junior year at Montverde Academy.

"The Canadian is considering reclassifying to 2021 and holds offers from almost all of the nation's elite schools. He's considered an outstanding shooter first and foremost.

From Rivals.com's Corey Evans:The fifth-rated sophomore has picked up offers from Maryland, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, and Seton Hall since the completion of the school season. The five join North Carolina, Oregon, Texas Tech and Virginia who offered earlier in the winter. Beside the group, Houstan has also begun to hear from Baylor, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan State and Villanova."

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/mic...est-2022-offer
    SLOZag

The Skyy Clark Blog

"Skyy Clark is an SI All-American nominee and one of the top point guards in the country, regardless of class, with the college interest (Kentucky, Ohio State, Gonzaga, Memphis, Arizona and Michigan, among many others) to prove it"

https://www.si.com/college/recruitin...ntwood-academy