Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

2022 Recruits

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    · 5h
    Gonzaga will send an assistant in this evening for five-star guard Skyy Clark, a source told @Stockrisers; The Zags fourth time sending staff to watch Clark. Possible visit in works.

Score Zags Score Podcast
    @ScoreZagsScore
    ·
    45m
    Currently the No. 18 recruit in the class of 2022

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.
  • Spoko13
    Bulldog Fan
    • Apr 2018

Clark is a West Coast Elite guy as if just recently - don’t hold your breath on him coming to Gonzaga. Obviously this is just my humble opinion.

Comment

• ttown0026
      Bulldog Fan
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Spoko13 View Post
      Clark is a West Coast Elite guy as if just recently - don’t hold your breath on him coming to Gonzaga. Obviously this is just my humble opinion.
      Use to be my mindset, but with all this recent success, I won't rule GU out on any recruit.

Comment

• caldwellzag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
        Jake
        @jakeweingarten
        · 5h
        Gonzaga will send an assistant in this evening for five-star guard Skyy Clark, a source told @Stockrisers; The Zags fourth time sending staff to watch Clark. Possible visit in works.

Score Zags Score Podcast
        @ScoreZagsScore
        ·
        45m

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AEFE&FORM=VIRE
        It's early but there is mutual interest.

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
          Jake
          @jakeweingarten
          · 5h

Score Zags Score Podcast
          @ScoreZagsScore
          ·
          45m

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...AEFE&FORM=VIRE
          His name - Skyy Clark reminds me of "Sky King"...anyone else remember???

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
            Yep.

But other than flying around in an airplane, I don't remember what the basic plot lines were.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
              Yep.

But other than flying around in an airplane, I don't remember what the basic plot lines were.
              So is it good that I can remember that far back but can’t remember where I put my car keys.... Plot...what the heck is that...lol

To get back on track...what kind of Guard is Skyy...PG/SG/CG...big or little...

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

To get back on track...what kind of Guard is Skyy...PG/SG/CG...big or little...
                247 has him as a 6'2" combo and rivals as a point...so the answer is yes. He is a guard.
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• SLOZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Fanbo Zeng

"All-Orlando area boys basketball standout Fanbo Zeng returned home to China this month after his Central Florida school, Windermere Prep, closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The 6-foot-9 sophomore, who was named to the Orlando Sentinel All-Area first team for the 2019-20 season, is completing a mandatory 14-day quarantine period before he can rejoin his family in his hometown of Harbin, according to Windermere Prep coach Brian Hoff. Hoff said Zeng is isolated in a hotel room, but he has been able to stay in touch and will be able to complete his Windermere Prep classwork online.

... Zeng, who was arguably Windermere Prep’s top player as a freshman in his first year in the U.S., solidified his status as a high-major college basketball prospect with a stellar sophomore season. He averaged 15.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.6 blocked shots and 2.1 assists for a Lakers team that finished 27-4 with a 54-53 loss to Jacksonville Jackson ... the state runner-up in that class.

... "The strength of his game is his versatility and that he does so much well,” Hoff said. “He shot 47% from the 3-point line as a 6-9 sophomore. That is unheard of. He’s an outstanding passer. He’s extremely efficient. Great timing on blocking shots. "He will be a unique player [at the next level] because he does so much well.”

Hoff said a number of major colleges have expressed interest, with Gonzaga and FSU “recruiting him the hardest right now." Hoff, who played at FSU, said Gonzaga was planning an April visit to see Zeng before the coronavirus pandemic broke out and the NCAA shut down live recruiting.

Zeng was one of seven sophomores out of 118 prospects invited to last summer’s NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp. Most of the invitees were current seniors. He is again on the list for that camp, scheduled to be held June 14-19 at the University of Virginia.

... Hoff said Zeng, who recently turned 17, will be on the Chinese national team that is scheduled to play in the FIBA Under-17 World Cup July 4-12 in Bulgaria."

All-Orlando area boys basketball standout Fanbo Zeng returned home to China this month after his Central Florida school, Windermere Prep, closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The 6-foot-9 sophom…

See also: https://247sports.com/Player/Fanbo-Zeng-46099270/
                  SLOZag
                  "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• OZZY
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2009

Wow, pretty impressive for a Frosh.

Got to think GU's reputation with international recruits will give them a good chance with another Pacific Rim prospect.

Rui's tutelage and handling could not be faulted.

GU: International big man pre-NBA school of choice!

Comment

• bigblahla
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Still have a post card of Sky King standing in front of his plane...

Go!! Zags!!!
                      "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• tyra
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Sky King and his niece, Penny!

Comment

• SLOZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tyra View Post
                          Sky King and his niece, Penny!
                          I read this and thought "Why can't these guys stay on topic?" But then I thought "Well, at least it's better than reading 'Skyy Clark and his new coach Penny'."
                          Last edited by SLOZag; 03-29-2020, 10:19 PM.
                          SLOZag
                          "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• SLOZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Dylan Anderson

"Four-star recruit and Arizona native Dylan Anderson ... standing ... six-foot-ten ... is a top 50 recruit in the class of 2022 according to 247 Sports. He’s also the No. 6 highest-rated center. ... “Right now I’m more of a four trying to change it to a three. I like running more than just standing in the post just trying to get big. I want to play both positions, like Giannis (Antetokounmpo) but with a jump shot.”"
                            "Anderson holds offers from Arizona, Arizona State, California, Gonzaga, ... Grand Canyon" and, most recently, Kansas.

While it's not set in stone, Devon Dotson will likely be leaving Kansas basketball for the NBA. We take a look at where he lands in a number of mock drafts.
                            SLOZag

Comment

• SLOZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Skyy Clark

"Five-star combo guard Skyy Clark is reportedly transferring to BA from Heritage Christian in Northridge, Ca., where he led the Warriors to a 26-5 record and an appearance in the Elite Eight round of the Division 2AA southern sectional. ... Heading into his junior season, Clark has interest from top programs including Kentucky, UCLA, Gonzaga, Kansas, Florida St. and Auburn. He’s also picked up offers from Tennessee and Oregon recently. Kentucky is reported to be the early favorite for the five-star guard."

More here: https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports...-2022-prospect
                              SLOZag

Comment

Working...
                              X