Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruits

We have made contact with the guys you mentioned, good twitter work! It will be interesting how it all plays out, but we will be thick in some recruitment battles.

6'10" 2022 big man from Ontario, Canada Enoch Boakye

Jacob Polacheck
    @JacobPolacheck
    Boakye currently holds offers from Michigan State, UCLA, Arizona, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Western Kentucky, Denver, Houston and BYU.

He has also received interest from Duke, Kentucky, Gonzaga and South Carolina.

You know, Western Kentucky does a heck of a recruiting job. I am surprised it hasn't resulted in some more NCAA tourney appearances. Every recruiting cycle they seem land a top 40 kid and maybe another top 100 player. They were once a great program that beat Kentucky to get to the final 4 before the NCAA smashed the program to pieces with their hypocritical, selective enforcement. The NCAA was so mad at UCLA and notorious booster Sam "Moneyball" Gilbert that they put Western Kentucky on probation years. What they were basically guilty of is taking more African American ball players than other teams.

Not sure how that would be greeted in the past month or so! lol

I forgot to post these here, I did post them on twitter. I would not be shocked to see us get heavily involved with Boakye either, just wasn't a name that I have heard a ton about as of yet.

Here are the recruits we have reached out to that I would keep an eye on. You will see other names that we have reached out to definitely, but from my conversations these will be the priorities
    Skyy Clark
    Dylan Andrews
    AJ Casey
    Prince Aligbe
    Dylan Anderson

If I had to pick one of those 5 that I think will be a future Zag, it would be AJ Casey. The rest will be high priorities for us, but early in the process things just seem like Casey could easily become a Zag.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    If I had to pick one of those 5 that I think will be a future Zag, it would be AJ Casey. The rest will be high priorities for us, but early in the process things just seem like Casey could easily become a Zag.
    Caldwell - what do you think of Fanbo Zeng (PF) from Windermere Prep? Any interest from Gonzaga? Do you like him for the team?

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Caldwell - what do you think of Fanbo Zeng (PF) from Windermere Prep? Any interest from Gonzaga? Do you like him for the team?
    They reached out to him, but they are still in the very early phases on him. Could he fit, yes? I want to mention I left out some names of some top 25 guys we reached out to, as from my conversations they are not current priorities, but they easily could become a priority (aka the kid from Canada).

Gonzaga has offered 6'7" SF Caleb Houstan from Monteverde in Florida. Houstan is the #7 player in the class of 2022. Same HS as Petrusev and Nembhard.

Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    Blue bloods making a push for Caleb Houstan...Alabama, Duke & Gonzaga are the latest to offer the top-sophomore, a source tells
    @Rivals

Houstan is one of the best shot makers in the sport.
    @bamainsider

@BrianRIVALS

From 247sports' Louisville site:
    "AJ CASEY: Another elite Chicago kid the Louisville staff is after in the '22 class. Tinley Park, Ill., five-star forward AJ Casey landed an offer from the Louisville staff last week. The Cardinals plucked Illinois' No. 2 player in the '21 class - Bryce Hopkins - and will now try to do that with the No. 1 player statewide in the '22 class. Casey has scholarship offers from U of L, Indiana, Illinois, DePaul, Tulane, Kansas, Purdue, Nebraska, and Iowa State. Gonzaga is also among the others expressing serious interest. As a sophomore, Casey blossomed with 22 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, and three blocks per game.

"Casey is ranked as the No. 24 player nationally in the Class of 2022 in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Index, checking in as the No. 5 power forward and No. 1 in the state of Illinois. He is ranked No. 36 overall by 247Sports."

https://247sports.com/college/louisv...9/#148703679_2
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Here are the recruits we have reached out to that I would keep an eye on ... these will be the priorities
    Skyy Clark
    Dylan Andrews
    AJ Casey
    Prince Aligbe
    Dylan Anderson
    In this 247sports article NC & Ky get the major ink as Skyy Clark suitors, but Clark had some interesting things to say about the Zags: "I haven’t talked to the head coach yet but coach [Brian] Michaelson, me and him talk every single day, either on text or on phone call. They tell me that I’m their point guard and that they’re going to use me really well because I love playing off ball-screens and that’s like one thing they do really well. They say they’re just going to let me go. They said they want to get me on campus first.”

https://247sports.com/Article/North-...ark-148854692/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    In this 247sports article NC & Ky get the major ink as Skyy Clark suitors, but Clark had some interesting things to say about the Zags: "I haven’t talked to the head coach yet but coach [Brian] Michaelson, me and him talk every single day, either on text or on phone call. They tell me that I’m their point guard and that they’re going to use me really well because I love playing off ball-screens and that’s like one thing they do really well. They say they’re just going to let me go. They said they want to get me on campus first.”

Few is probably busy fishing with Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Few is probably busy fishing with Caldwell
    I wonder who is winning that one?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Default 2022 Recruits

Not sure how serious it is but this article says Gonzaga reached out to 6'10 Joe Hurlburt from Enderlin, ND who plays AAU for D1 Minnesota. It's very rare for North Dakota to produce a high major caliber player but Hurlburt is seeing his recruitment gain considerable steam with recent offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa & Nebraska and some writers think he will be a minimum top 50 player nationally in the next rankings. His mom played at USF years ago so there is familiarity with the WCC.

https://247sports.com/college/minnes...ies-149120166/

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DMMbc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GuZag2012; 07-14-2020 at 02:12 PM.

jake lieberman
    @jakelieberman2
    ·
    2h
    2022 player Tyler Linhardt (
    @tylerlinhardt1
    ) tells me that Princeton, Gonzaga, Pepperdine, Utah State, UCF, Santa Clara, and others are showing interest. Linhardt holds four offers.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/08/02/...s-four-offers/

"The 6-foot-10, 210-pound 2022 post arrived to the States from France recently, enrolling at Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep.

According to Prolific Prep Director Philippe Doherty, Traore is already receiving interest from Arizona, California, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers and UCSB."

https://247sports.com/Article/Arizon...ore-151255467/

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "The 6-foot-10, 210-pound 2022 post arrived to the States from France recently, enrolling at Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep.

According to Prolific Prep Director Philippe Doherty, Traore is already receiving interest from Arizona, California, Cincinnati, Gonzaga, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers and UCSB."

https://247sports.com/Article/Arizon...ore-151255467/
    France? Did someone say "France?"

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    France? Did someone say "France?"

:]
    I hear the weather in Spokane is kind of like Paris.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post

Never gets old!!

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Maybe a little Dom Perignon would pair well with a few tacos .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    The light is similar to the light in Paris, an inland city with a river running through it, close to Spokane’s latitude. Several visual artists I’ve spoken with have remarked on Spokane’s Parisien light. Yohan played on the same French U-19 team as Amel Traore. Does anyone know if they are related?
    Parlez-vous français?

We apparently weren't interesting enough. Clark's final four: Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina and UCLA.

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/mic...=yahoo?src=rss
    SLOZag

So why isn't coach Few more engaged with these high level recruits?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagZombie View Post
    So why isn't coach Few more engaged with these high level recruits?
    Closers don't open

De'Ante Green 2022 PF

"Green, the No. 33 player in the 247Sports Rankings, also listed Baylor, Florida State, Georgia, Gonzaga, Kansas, Louisville, UNC-Chapel Hill, Tennessee and Wake Forest as the rest of his Top 10. Despite being a 2022 recruit, Green held a total of 30 offers, but narrowed it down to a list that included five out of the 10 being inside the ACC."

https://247sports.com/college/north-...-10-152365381/