Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs San Diego - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs San Diego - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Next on deck,. the Zags are visiting the USD Toreros. USD has been up and down all season... no real good wins... although they played competitive with Stanford.

What are you expecting to see versus USD? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 83
    USD 69

97-74 Zags

USD Bull Dodgers. 67
    GU Bulldogs. 88
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Jazz cheering from the cheap seats.

85-63 Gonzaga
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Why add 'from the cheap seats'?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Why add 'from the cheap seats'?
    Just for fun. Because jazz has a sense of humor.

As an aside, there are no bad seats in the Slim Gym.

Gonzaga 84
    USD 59

I hope to see better defense. I'm sure the team has been working on this part of the game quite intensely lately. I'm hoping I get to see better all-around play from Petrusev. I believe he has been struggling lately. Yes! I want to see much better intelligence with the ball and better passing, and let's play smart and STOP getting so many offensive charges. Come on guys. Wake up. I'd like to see Watson feel better and able to focus on making a shot. I'd like to see rest the players who need some rest, and maybe go deeper into his bench players and give them a chance to play more. Let's see how it goes.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

As long as Mr. Mar is not posting derogatory comments about Gonzaga student athletes, a multitude of Boone Street supporters will be exceedingly ecstatic. Out.

Zags 83

Usd 69
    Love the zags for life

75-60 good guys
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

$45, hardly cheap. Plus parking. But right, sight lines are perfect from anywhere. And I can still see DD making that shot vs Pep. And me and my son going bonkers in the USD section. One fan said, “where are YOU from?”

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    $45, hardly cheap. Plus parking. But right, sight lines are perfect from anywhere. And I can still see DD making that shot vs Pep. And me and my son going bonkers in the USD section. One fan said, “where are YOU from?”
    Ha! Sport On!

Hmmmm .... looks a little cool on Thursday:
    https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wx...n=7&interval=1
    Prolly good soaring @ Torrey.

Next year the Mrs & I wanna come down, visit relatives, maybe fly Torrey and catch the Zags vs the locals. Jazz, are tickets hard to get for out-of-towners?

Back to Zags vs SD .... Not sure SD can quite do what Portland & Pepperdine accomplished. I think the bit warmer weather will suit Woolridge well and he’ll be back in form. After these last two games the Zags are very likely itching to do some stomping whilst controlling the bouncy much better. I hope to see 7 Zags in double figures (have they done that yet?).

Zags 98
    Toreros 58

Yeah, that’s quite the spread. Just feel the guys are ready to whoop arse.

http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

85 in DM yesterday, and windy. But cooler today. Tix can be had. Best bet is to get on mailing list for announcements. They do sell out for GU but a month or so before, you can get tix. Glider port, huh? God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Ha! Sport On!

Hmmmm .... looks a little cool on Thursday:
    https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wx...n=7&interval=1
    Prolly good soaring @ Torrey.

Next year the Mrs & I wanna come down, visit relatives, maybe fly Torrey and catch the Zags vs the locals. Jazz, are tickets hard to get for out-of-towners?

Back to Zags vs SD .... Not sure SD can quite do what Portland & Pepperdine accomplished. I think the bit warmer weather will suit Woolridge well and he’ll be back in form. After these last two games the Zags are very likely itching to do some stomping whilst controlling the bouncy much better. I hope to see 7 Zags in double figures (have they done that yet?).

Zags 98
    Toreros 58

Yeah, that’s quite the spread. Just feel the guys are ready to whoop arse.

I hope to see the game with no TV issues (thought about going, but I am already going to the LMU game 2 days later). Since the San Diego game is on ROOT, I am already having a funny feeling in my stomach. One thing is for sure, I will NOT be consuming any adult beverages; last Thursday was a disaster. It will be the 3 stooges on the call.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Zags 89 Toreros 70
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Gonzaga 84
    USD 59

I hope to see better defense. I'm sure the team has been working on this part of the game quite intensely lately. I'm hoping I get to see better all-around play from Petrusev. I believe he has been struggling lately. Yes! I want to see much better intelligence with the ball and better passing, and let's play smart and STOP getting so many offensive charges. Come on guys. Wake up. I'd like to see Watson feel better and able to focus on making a shot. I'd like to see rest the players who need some rest, and maybe go deeper into his bench players and give them a chance to play more. Let's see how it goes.

Go Zags!!!
    I want to see the Zags in hunter mode from the opening tip. There is no reason for not giving 110% at all times, our 8 man rotation is solid. If you need more energy, bring in Martynas, or Pavel for a few minutes if Drew and Filip get into foul trouble.

At the very least, open up a lead large enough to give more minutes to the bench. Next game on Saturday is an afternoon game, i.e. quicker turnaround.

After that, next road game is 19 days away, with only 3 home games in between. Great chance to get healthy and refreshed.

I want proof that GU isn't the seattle seahawks…...keeping opponents in the game longer than they need to be. Crush their hopes and dreams, because it's affecting first place votes at this point.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Zags 88-69

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

What I've expected to see these last two games and what actually happened were two totally different things. So in the spirit of Einstein's definition of insanity...

Zags - 96
    San Diego University - 68
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

No injuries

GU 89
    UDS 68

Go Zags!

After these first two conference games... definitely dialing back on the Zags score...

Zags 82
    USD 63

Of course this will probably mean the Zags will go triple digits.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Gu 91-63

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    After these first two conference games... definitely dialing back on the Zags score...

Zags 82
    USD 63

Of course this will probably mean the Zags will go triple digits.
    I am so horrible at these predictions. I near always underrate the Zags win, until last weekend in which I vastly overrated them.

Zags thaw out, get out of town, have a little fun at the best destinations on the WCC schedule, and come out loose and excited.

GU: 85
    USD: 65
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.