Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which player regrets NOT coming to Gonzaga?

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    NWG wished he would have stayed for his Senior season, that's the only one I know for sure, yet of potential recruits we offered and had interest...

Reid Travis?

Rotnei Clarke?

Brandon Davies?

Jordan Brown?

Brett Kingma?

Jordan Mathews (sooner)?

Malik Pope?

Kendall Small?

Sam Cunliffe?

Jordan Ford? Nahhh he picked perfect spot
    reid travis didn't even choose the zags the second time around...had a nice senior year at kentucky so i doubt he has any regrets

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Nolan Narain is having a huge senior season at SDSU. He is averaging 1.7 ppg in 3 games played.
    yeah. i'm thinking he'd have had a shot at being something better here.

I feel as though Hepa would've developed well in the Olynyk Clinic, although I don't know if he realizes that.

Would Brandon Williams be playing any better here on his injured knee?

Nolan Narain also battled injuries and does not sound at all like he regrets his choice: "one of the primary reasons was picking somewhere he wanted to live after college, somewhere he could network for post-basketball employment — somewhere, preferably, warmer than his hometown of Hamilton, Canada"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...mer-internship

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    He had a great career, so this is more of "I wish he would have picked the Zags" situation, but my understanding is that Coach Lloyd put a lot of work into getting Greivis Vasquez of Maryland eligible to play, but I could be totally mis-remembering that.
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-couldve-been/

ACC>WCC for Vasquez and was a major factor in his decision to go to Maryland over GU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    ACC>WCC for Vasquez and was a major factor in his decision to go to Maryland over GU.
    So this part of the story is not accurate?

But after arriving in the States, where he quickly made new friends and learned to speak English, Vasquez found himself in a comfort zone he was unwilling to leave. And when Maryland coach Gary Williams offered him a full-ride scholarship, it made sense for him to stay out East.

“At the time, the thought of coming from the East Coast to the West Coast wasn’t good,” Vasquez said, “because I didn’t want to have to meet new people. I just wanted to stay where I was comfortable.”

Mac McClung maybe?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

The mixtape versions of PMAC and Bol Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Mac McClung maybe?
    Did we offer him? I wonder if he's on the list of players we regret not offering? I also remember he was basically only good at dunking, but that seems to have paid off for the other GU.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Did we offer him? I wonder if he's on the list of players we regret not offering? I also remember he was basically only good at dunking, but that seems to have paid off for the other GU.
    I think there was a bit of a debate over that question. I'm not 100% sure. But I'm almost certain that someone (great source, I know. haha) on the board mentioned that his name HAD been brought up and/or attached to GU. Come to think of it, maybe it was MORE that HE was interested in GU...? I can't remember now.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    There are a lot who didn't stay at Gonzaga.....some may have regretted coming to Gonzaga...or not...
    Oh no, that's heresy Bart! Shame on you.

This thread is totally silly. It should be renamed "which players do Gonzaga fans regret not coming to Gonzaga."

Since Arizona players keep popping up on this list....
    as pointed out Brandon Williams has been injured most of his career, can't see how being injured one place is better than being injured another place.

I honestly can't see that Jeter would've cracked the rotation at GU last year or this year. Seems like he made a good choice going somewhere he's a starter.

Jordan Brown? He's sitting out a RS year as a transfer. How can he have regrets when he hasn't even taken the floor yet? He had 2 chances, out of HS and then as a transfer, to pick GU. He didn't either time. So...Spokane probably isn't where he wanted to be.

Brandon Roy. People do not realize how close GU came to landing him. Imagine this lineup for 2004/05:

PG - Raivio
    SG - Roy
    SF - Morrison
    PF - Turiaf
    C - Batista

That's a final four team all the way. I still say if GU had beaten Texas Tech, they would've gone to their first final 4 that year. They had a perfect path. No teams who ended up in the S16 in ABQ could have handled GU's frontcourt. Add Brandon to mix.....gees.

So maybe Roy was really close to choosing GU (I also hear this about Ridnour and Farmar), but what makes you think he regrets his decision? He got to stay in his home city and play a major role in completely revitalizing the UW program. He had a great career and was a high draft pick. He was on his way to an outstanding NBA career before wrecked knees derailed him. Nothing about that seems like he made a bad choice.

1-3 against Gonzaga -- maybe he wished he would have picked the better team.

I'm sure Lebryan Nash wishee he had come to GU. Man, how about us missing Joe Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    So maybe Roy was really close to choosing GU (I also hear this about Ridnour and Farmar), but what makes you think he regrets his decision? He got to stay in his home city and play a major role in completely revitalizing the UW program. He had a great career and was a high draft pick. He was on his way to an outstanding NBA career before wrecked knees derailed him. Nothing about that seems like he made a bad choice.
    If Brandon Roy came to Gonzaga, his number would never be retired. ������

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Oh no, that's heresy Bart! Shame on you.

This thread is totally silly. It should be renamed "which players do Gonzaga fans regret not coming to Gonzaga."

Since Arizona players keep popping up on this list....
    as pointed out Brandon Williams has been injured most of his career, can't see how being injured one place is better than being injured another place.

I honestly can't see that Jeter would've cracked the rotation at GU last year or this year. Seems like he made a good choice going somewhere he's a starter.

Jordan Brown? He's sitting out a RS year as a transfer. How can he have regrets when he hasn't even taken the floor yet? He had 2 chances, out of HS and then as a transfer, to pick GU. He didn't either time. So...Spokane probably isn't where he wanted to be.
    Great point! I think when I brought up his name is was more from the standpoint that he was a part of a team that got thumped at home by GU. At least 90% of that game!
    As you said he clearly wanted to go to Arizona over GU. Hey everyone makes mistakes!