Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which player regrets NOT coming to Gonzaga?

Default Which player regrets NOT coming to Gonzaga?

I was watching the end of the Texas game the other day and was curious how Kamaka Hepa was doing. You might remember the Zags were all over this Alaskan player and I was disappointed when he chose to go to UT. Now in his sophomore year he's averaging just 0.9 points at 7.4 minutes a game. His game looked perfect for Gonzaga and it got me wondering, I wonder if these kids regret their decisions on schools. Any other players that might regret not coming to Gonzaga to chase the P5 schools?

Brock Osweiler.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Doubt Brock, his decision worked out well for him. I think Brandon William's wishes he had a healthy knee and a Zag uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Brock Osweiler.
    He made a lot more money in NFL then he ever woulda playing b-ball
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Kyle Wiltjer

Jeter? Williams (AZ Guard)?

Brock Osweiler.
    We can agree to disagree on this one. Brock 100% made the right choice. Good for him.
    Brock’s net worth is over 20 million dollars.

Jordan Brown

Jordan Farmar?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    I was watching the end of the Texas game the other day and was curious how Kamaka Hepa was doing. You might remember the Zags were all over this Alaskan player and I was disappointed when he chose to go to UT. Now in his sophomore year he's averaging just 0.9 points at 7.4 minutes a game. His game looked perfect for Gonzaga and it got me wondering, I wonder if these kids regret their decisions on schools. Any other players that might regret not coming to Gonzaga to chase the P5 schools?
    I was thinking yesterday that Hepa will probably transfer from texas. If he does, I wonder if we will again have interest. He would have a year to sit and workout in our program.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Doubt Brock, his decision worked out well for him. I think Brandon William's wishes he had a healthy knee and a Zag uniform.
    Was thinking about BW recently. He posted a picture of himself with Final Four trophy while visiting GU with caption “gotta get me one of these” (or something close to that). Had he picked GU, he would likely have seen that opportunity. As it stands now... unlikely.
    Gotta think he might regret his choic3 but one never knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I was thinking yesterday that Hepa will probably transfer from texas. If he does, I wonder if we will again have interest. He would have a year to sit and workout in our program.
    I had the exact same thought.

One would think that any school that he had strongly considered before would be the first he'd look to.

Getting him in to play in what is his 4th college year might be something worth looking at - if he's interested.

He seemed destined for stardom, but obviously something is wrong in the match.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Default Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I had the exact same thought.

One would think that any school that he had strongly considered before would be the first he'd look to.

Getting him in to play in what is his 4th college year might be something worth looking at - if he's interested.

He seemed destined for stardom, but obviously something is wrong in the match.
    Rotnei Clarke

So you guys asked all these players if they regretted their decisions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Was thinking about BW recently. He posted a picture of himself with Final Four trophy while visiting GU with caption “gotta get me one of these” (or something close to that). Had he picked GU, he would likely have seen that opportunity. As it stands now... unlikely.
    Gotta think he might regret his choic3 but one never knows.
    I can't remember the timing exactly but remember seeing him play and thinking about how nice it would have been to have him as a Zag, then his knee betrayed him. I don't actually think he would have been around for the stretch run (assuming his knee would have acted exactly the same with the Zags (he might have had less of work a load and not injured it, but who knows)).

About a month ago I brought up Kamaka Hepa wondering if he battled injuries or was just a poor fit in the texas system. I'm sure if he was healthy he would have been a great fit in Gonzagas style of play. The city of Spokane doesn't really scream dream destination for kids compared to the bigger programs but being involved in a winning tradition that maintains a family atmosphere should make up for shiney lights and BS promises.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He had a great career, so this is more of "I wish he would have picked the Zags" situation, but my understanding is that Coach Lloyd put a lot of work into getting Greivis Vasquez of Maryland eligible to play, but I could be totally mis-remembering that.

Jordan Farmar is another guy that I really wish would have picked the Zags.
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 01-06-2020 at 05:50 AM.

There are a lot who didn't stay at Gonzaga.....some may have regretted coming to Gonzaga...or not...

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    About a month ago I brought up Kamaka Hepa wondering if he battled injuries or was just a poor fit in the texas system. I'm sure if he was healthy he would have been a great fit in Gonzagas style of play. The city of Spokane doesn't really scream dream destination for kids compared to the bigger programs but being involved in a winning tradition that maintains a family atmosphere should make up for shiney lights and BS promises.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was skeptical from day one because Hepa said the Texas coach was going to tailor the offense to his game. That is something you do for a one-and-done lottery pick, and not for a good but not great (maybe even great but not elite) prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was skeptical from day one because Hepa said the Texas coach was going to tailor the offense to his game. That is something you do for a one-and-done lottery pick, and not for a good but not great (maybe even great but not elite) prospect.
    Without judging the situation - bc I don't know one way or another - but isn't something some dishonest coaches so to many recruits?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

NWG wished he would have stayed for his Senior season, that's the only one I know for sure, yet of potential recruits we offered and had interest...

Reid Travis?

Rotnei Clarke?

Brandon Davies?

Jordan Brown?

Brett Kingma?

Jordan Mathews (sooner)?

Malik Pope?

Kendall Small?

Sam Cunliffe?

Jordan Ford? Nahhh he picked perfect spot
    Last edited by Goshzagit; 01-05-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Did anyone else watch the Memphis/Georgia game yesterday?

Memphis hasn’t turned out to be the team that Boogie Ellis was expecting.
    Parlez-vous français?

not to a p-5, but nolan narain.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    not to a p-5, but nolan narain.
    Nolan Narain is having a huge senior season at SDSU. He is averaging 1.7 ppg in 3 games played.

Brock Osweiler.

It was a joke guys.

Not quite to the Biggs McGee level, however.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.