Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ravet no longer on roster

Does Brock play QB?

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I feel somewhat irresponsible speculating, so I would just say two very general things.

If a person were transferring, it would seem that the announcement would be that the person is transferring for personal reasons and not an "indefinite leave" from the program.

The other general thing is that whatever it might be, it is not a normal situation, and thus it is best to just wish him the absolute best and leave it at that with respect to Brock.

With respect to the guard spot, someone is going to have to play a 2 guard spot as a very big guy (Kispert/Watson?), and it would seem to me that we best practice a lot of zone, to keep people out of foul trouble and cut down on chasing guys all over hell and back.

But that's just me and I'm not BB guy.
    Classy post ......

The Zags will sort team things out. Hoping Brock/family the best in sorting things out as well. In life the ball takes lots of bounces.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    It's my opinion that Brock has experienced a tragedy with someone very close to him and is taking time away from the program for those personal reasons. A twitter bio color change just doesn't seem like an indication of transferring. I would be very surprised if this was in any way basketball related. I truly hope that whatever it is things will be ok for him and his family. Basketball is just a game.
    This was my thought as well hockeyzag re: going to black and removing Twitter pic; seems a sign of mourning to me. I echo all your sentiments here. Well said

As noted by earlier poster, if it’s a decision to transfer then why offer up the “indefinite leave from team for personal reasons” statement. That just invites speculation rumor etc Would seem much better for a player who has decided to transfer to simply state as much.

This is not about hoops. Ravet is a D1 talent Zags want and need. Wishing you well Brock!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Gonzaga fr. guard Brock Ravet has taken an indefinite leave of absence from program for personal reasons, per school release.
    "We're 100 percent supportive of Brock's decision and we want the best for him," Coach Mark Few said. "We're doing everything we can to support him."

Best to leave at this until we know the backstory -- he's a young man and we all need to let this play out.

Best wishes to Brock.
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Looking at his twitter feed. He has NOT scrubbed it of Zag stuff. He has plenty of Zag related tweets. I am guessing black for his profile pic likely points toward mourning something.

Best not to speculate on it any more than that. Thoughts and prayers go out to him. Perhaps he will be back in the spring or next year.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Gonzaga fr. guard Brock Ravet has taken an indefinite leave of absence from program for personal reasons, per school release.
    "We're 100 percent supportive of Brock's decision and we want the best for him," Coach Mark Few said. "We're doing everything we can to support him."
    That's the last official word on Mr. Ravet. No one outside GU MBB and the Ravet family has a "need to know" any details.

The moderators of the GUB support Ravet's right to privacy. The university has also asked the admins of the GUB to respect his privacy. We all wish the best for him.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-02-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Default Ravet no longer on roster

Sometime between Gonzaga’s game against Detroit Mercy on December 30th and Gonzaga’s game against Portland on January 2nd, former Kittitas point guard Brock Ravet was removed from Bulldog’s roster online... Ravet’s locker name plate has also been removed.
    https://www.krem.com/mobile/article/...4-dc691c414d66
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

I have a sinking feeling that he will never wear a Gonzaga uniform again. Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to seeing him play this season. I just wish the media would tell us something (if Brock is okay, the reason for his departure, pretty much anything is better than nothing). It's as if he disappeared from the face of this Earth.

Well that sucks! I was really looking forward to seeing him play. Good luck to you Mr Ravet in whatever your future holds.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    Well that sucks! I was really looking forward to seeing him play. Good luck to you Mr Ravet in whatever your future holds.
    I hope he ends up at either the Univ of Oregon or Univ of Washington, this is one talented kid. I really want to see him play D1 ball.

Good luck in whatever you do Brock
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Soren, I dont think this was a Gonzaga centric issue that would resolve at a different top 20 D1 school.

Wish the best for the young man
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I have a sinking feeling that he will never wear a Gonzaga uniform again. Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to seeing him play this season. I just wish the media would tell us something (if Brock is okay, the reason for his departure, pretty much anything is better than nothing). It's as if he disappeared from the face of this Earth.
    +1
    Where's the investigative journalists? Super surprising nobody's dug up the story yet

Good luck young fella. Remember wherever you go, there you are. Best wishes in your life .

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Soren, I dont think this was a Gonzaga centric issue that would resolve at a different top 20 D1 school.
    Those who seem to know something are pretty tight lipped about it. Being the all time leading scorer in WA history and all of the praise Coach Few would give him when the other recruits were talked about, a lot of us are curious as to what happened? As stated earlier in the thread, it’s as if he disappeared from the face of the earth.

Happy to give anyone the scoop is private messages

The thing I was probably most looking forward to this year was how or freshmen looked, since I underestimated this year’s squad and was already looking to next year with Harris and Strawther.

So I was really hoping for some time watching development of: Timme, Ballo, Ravet, Watson.

But Timme is the only one who is really even playing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Happy to give anyone the scoop is private messages
    Your mailbox is full. Please pm me

Be prudent about what you read on Twitter about Brock, or any personal matter such as this...

That tweet is speculative, inaccurate, & borderline defamatory.

I wish him luck. If the real reason was because of where he was on the depth chart, well, he and his father should have known that you have to put in your time and work your way up at Gonzaga. Suggs may come in and change that but many a good player at Gonzaga and pretty much everyone who made it to the NBA had to put in their time.

Everything happens for a reason and whatever the real reason, it wasn't meant to be.

I wish Ravet all the best. Time to move on from this topic. Can’t wait to see Suggs next season.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Your mailbox is full. Please pm me
    Ditto