X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Honestly... while everyone would LIKE to know... it frankly isn’t anyone’s business but Brock’s. While we all have an interest, there I no requirement that we b get an answer. Personal privacy and/or FERPA rules afford him all the privacy he wants and deserves.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• ZagDad84
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
      Be prudent about what you read on Twitter about Brock, or any personal matter such as this...

That tweet is speculative, inaccurate, & borderline defamatory.
      Do you personally know that it is speculative, inaccurate or defamatory?

I have heard the exact same thing from a friend of the Few's.

Did not have verification, so I did not post it but it jives really close to what Lebadiah Longhrn tweeted.

ZagDad

Comment

• 509er
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2017

It sure smells like playing time to me. Semester and quarters start within the next week. I’d guess you’ll see him pop up at a Big Sky or Mtn West school or possibly a school like Oregon State or WSU.

Comment

• CB4
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2009

It was a combination of things including an issue with expected minutes. Sad thing is that Ravet would have helped the Zags this year and would have got more minutes (due to guard shortage) than most freshman get in Mark Few's program. Next year he could have earned the second guard sport or been a good sixth man. Year after that maybe he starts. We will never know. Maybe he would have earned a starting spot this year. Best thing he can do now is go prove it somewhere else. I hope he does for his own sake. No ill will from this poster. This entire episode was bizarre in my opinion, including the dark Twitter account and the no comment from him. Best thing he can do now is find a place to play next year then get a nice piece on his decision with his interview in his local paper.

Comment

• Zag365
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
            Be prudent about what you read on Twitter about Brock, or any personal matter such as this...

That tweet is speculative, inaccurate, & borderline defamatory.
            Good advice. Relying on a tweet or something "found on the internet," is no more authoritative than saying "I found the information on a bathroom wall." It is unfortunate that, after the big build-up, BR departed suddenly and mysteriously. I've been curious what the backstory is/was and I've heard the same question from a lot of alums. But, none of us are entitled to an explanation and I think we should let it go. Apparently the parties involved think "no comment" is best even though it invites endless speculation.

Comment

• Goshzagit
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
              Do you personally know that it is speculative, inaccurate or defamatory?

I have heard the exact same thing from a friend of the Few's.

Did not have verification, so I did not post it but it jives really close to what Lebadiah Longhrn tweeted.

ZagDad
              "really close" is subjective, it can mean a block, 100 yards, a mile, or a light year depending on who ask and what is the context.

That was a loaded tweet.

Obviously, playing time is involved in all these decisions, yet involving family matters, accusations to Dad is another thing entirely.

I was merely saying proceed with caution as it's not entirely accurate.

When throwing people under the bus, that's pretty important.

I mean, what if someone random tweeted the same about you? What if you made one comment to a friend/family member and someone random overheard, and ran with it regarding your child and your opinion out of context.

What if they didnt know the full story, or part of it, and made judgements and assumptions?

Put yourself in their shoes, especially since your at the front lines.

Comment

• zaguarxj
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

KREM reporting that Brock Ravet is leaving GU basketball

Here's the link. I know we're supposed to respect his privacy and all that but you do become a public figure when you commit to play big-time college sports, so an explanation for us fans would help ward off speculation. Is it really best left to our imaginations?

Comment

• zagdontzig
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by zaguarxj View Post
                  Here's the link. I know we're supposed to respect his privacy and all that but you do become a public figure when you commit to play big-time college sports, so an explanation for us fans would help ward off speculation. Is it really best left to our imaginations?
                  I disagree. Even for public figures, there are life events that deserve to remain private. His decision was sudden, and he's not appearing in the transfer portal or transfer talk. It wasn't a basketball decision, so whatever it was, it's nobody's business but his. Don't get me wrong; I'm as curious as anyone.
                  Originally posted by Reborn
                  Go Zags!!!
                  Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Working...
                  X