X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

David Stern and the Sonics.

Obsessive, relentless, ambitious and progressive -- the former NBA commissioner lived a sporting life for the ages.

Reading and article on ESPN about Stern’s death... first two paragraphs tell you exactly why he stood in the way of any team moving to Seattle. His contempt for certain regions disgusts me. Was never a big fan of his. This just backs up my dislike of him.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • SorenTodd45
    Banned
    • Jan 2019

Adam Silver is 10 times the commissioner that David Stern ever was.

Anyways, the Sonics relocation to Oklahoma was not 100% the fault of Stern. Hurricane Katrina played a part in it as well. The Pelicans played for two seasons at the Ford Center, and their success there made the powers that be, realize that Oklahoma City was a viable NBA market. Clay Bennett (owner of the Thunder) is also the bad guy; he had no intention of ever keeping the Sonics in Seattle.

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
      Adam Silver is 10 times the commissioner that David Stern ever was.

Anyways, the Sonics relocation to Oklahoma was not 100% the fault of Stern. Hurricane Katrina played a part in it as well. The Pelicans played for two seasons at the Ford Center, and their success there made the powers that be, realize that Oklahoma City was a viable NBA market. Clay Bennett (owner of the Thunder) is also the bad guy; he had no intention of ever keeping the Sonics in Seattle.
      Bennett could not have moved the Sonics without Stern allowing it. I'll give you 1% for Bennett, the rest is on Stern.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• 509er
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2017

Don’t forget Howard Schultz. He gets a % as well.

Comment

• seacatfan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2014

Give a small percentage to the Seattle City Council maybe as well. But yeah, that was mostly Stern. It's pretty bad when a league commissioner is involved in collusion.

Comment

Working...
          X