Thread: Mary Ann or Ginger?

Default Mary Ann or Ginger?

Mary Ann -- More Like Mary Jane!!

Posted Mar 11th 2008 1:41PM by TMZ Staff

Dawn WellsDawn Wells, the actress that played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," was busted with marijuana in her car after driving home from her birthday party -- and she's 69!

Wells was pulled over on October 18 after a Teton County sheriff noticed her swerve across the center lines of State Highway 33 and repeatedly speeding up and slowing down. A search produced four half-smoked joints and two small cases to store marijuana -- which she blamed on hitchhikers. Even Gilligan wouldn't buy that one!

Wells is now serving a three hour tour six months of unsupervised probation for the crime. She pleaded guilty to one count of reckless driving and was sentenced last month to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation.

I gave this thread one star,but I accidently clicked the 5 star choice
    "Bringing you more of little since 2007"

I always did like Mary Ann, now I know why!
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Rub never saw why people always had to choose between Mary Ann and Ginger. Why can't Rub take both?
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    Rub never saw why people always had to choose between Mary Ann and Ginger. Why can't Rub take both?

"The first thing I'll do when I get back home is bake an apple pie, milk the cow, and feed the chickens"

Mary Ann Summers, a sweet naive country girl modeled after Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, is a well-meaning clerk from Winfield, Kansas, where she worked in the Winfield General Store. She has an Aunt Martha and Uncle George, was a member of the 4H club, and worked a farm by herself.

She is gentle, kind, and exceptionally warmhearted. She has a soft spot for Gilligan, and looks to the Howells as parents. She's the most honest, down-to-earth person on the island. She can't be corrupted by Howell at any price. While she admires the castaways, she frowns on Ginger's morals, and the Howell's greed.

While remarkably squeamish, Mary Ann displays rugged instincts. She farms the island and cooks all the meals. Thanks to her, the castaways eat amazingly well, nourished with a hot helping of moral principles.

The Professor.
    A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by drnoe View Post

"The first thing I'll do when I get back home is bake an apple pie, milk the cow, and feed the chickens"

Mary Ann Summers, a sweet naive country girl modeled after Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, is a well-meaning clerk from Winfield, Kansas, where she worked in the Winfield General Store. She has an Aunt Martha and Uncle George, was a member of the 4H club, and worked a farm by herself.

She is gentle, kind, and exceptionally warmhearted. She has a soft spot for Gilligan, and looks to the Howells as parents. She's the most honest, down-to-earth person on the island. She can't be corrupted by Howell at any price. While she admires the castaways, she frowns on Ginger's morals, and the Howell's greed.

While remarkably squeamish, Mary Ann displays rugged instincts. She farms the island and cooks all the meals. Thanks to her, the castaways eat amazingly well, nourished with a hot helping of moral principles.
    she looked nice in shorts
    "Bringing you more of little since 2007"

She's unapologetic in the mug shot. . .in fact, she looks like she's about to giggle.

Good for her, I guess.

This thread is in dire need of more pics:

If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

One day, Zagco would be all about Mary Ann. The next day, he'd be hot for Ginger. It was like he could not decide.

They're real, and they're spectacular!

Mary Ann, is that Mary Jane you've got there?

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    She's unapologetic in the mug shot. . .in fact, she looks like she's about to giggle.

Good for her, I guess.
    she look's stoned to me...probably why she looks like she's about to giggle
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Definitely, Mary Jane, oops, typo, Mary Ann.

RIP Dawn Wells. . .Tina Louise is the lone GI cast member on the right side of the dirt.

In my pre-retirement employment I had the opportunity to admire a furnace installation at the home of The Professor, Russell Johnson. After the inspection I was following the two contractors providing me access out the back of the house through an ample recreation room. On one wall was what seemed to be a life-size and like-like depiction of the regular cast standing in a classic double ended lifeboat. The first person I was following simply stated the word, Ginger. The next also simply said Ginger. I replied: "Oh, no, Mary Ann."

Edited to add:

Three people with a five word conversation. I believe it showed the iconic status of the show and the two women that any other conversation to understand the conversation had taken place previously even though it had not taken place between the participants involved.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?67186-2020-Notables-Passages&p=1535952#post1535952

Last edited by Rangerzag; 12-31-2020 at 04:46 AM.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Was always a Mary Ann guy. Ginger was a bit phoney.

RIP Dawn
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death