Thread: THANKS

Default THANKS

Cannot, must not, let the year pass without a shout out, a hale of appreciation for the moderators of this board. Wading through posters' contributions, deciding, deleting parts of overheated exchanges, abandoning threads when warranted, have been among the many thankless obligations they've assumed. "Well, who put you in charge?" is the weekly challenge they confront. Not sure who made the decision to install this group, but kudos to whoever it was. Visiting the "fanboards" of top twenty teams, I can verify the differences in postings between, say, a Kentucky board and the GU site. Oftentimes, the difference is between uncontrolled fan ranting, basically posting overwrought dreck, and rational discussion. Okay, sometimes not. But GU board moderators cannot be faulted for that. They've been extraordinary facilitators in an ever more confrontational on-line forum. Who's to say why they've chosen to do it, but I'm grateful they've taken on a very tough job. They've done it well.

Kudos, and a gold star of special merit, as well, to all those who've posted valuable, largely unavailable (to most of us dwellers) information, and links, to GU & related basketball news. Just to name a few: Zag Native, Reno Zag, LIZF, Caduceus, Radbooks, Caldwell Zag, & oh my, there are so many more. But, you know who you are and I appreciate your carrying forward the Board's original spirit: a place where GU fans can meet, share news, celebrate, commiserate (hardly every needed) and make every single bit of it an an essential part of our lives. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Cannot, must not, let the year pass without a shout out, a hale of appreciation for the moderators of this board. Wading through posters' contributions, deciding, deleting parts of overheated exchanges, abandoning threads when warranted, have been among the many thankless obligations they've assumed. "Well, who put you in charge?" is the weekly challenge they confront. Not sure who made the decision to install this group, but kudos to whoever it was. Visiting the "fanboards" of top twenty teams, I can verify the differences in postings between, say, a Kentucky board and the GU site. Oftentimes, the difference is between uncontrolled fan ranting, basically posting overwrought dreck, and rational discussion. Okay, sometimes not. But GU board moderators cannot be faulted for that. They've been extraordinary facilitators in an ever more confrontational on-line forum. Who's to say why they've chosen to do it, but I'm grateful they've taken on a very tough job. They've done it well.

Kudos, and a gold star of special merit, as well, to all those who've posted valuable, largely unavailable (to most of us dwellers) information, and links, to GU & related basketball news. Just to name a few: Zag Native, Reno Zag, LIZF, Caduceus, Radbooks, Caldwell Zag, & oh my, there are so many more. But, you know who you are and I appreciate your carrying forward the Board's original spirit: a place where GU fans can meet, share news, celebrate, commiserate (hardly every needed) and make every single bit of it an an essential part of our lives. Thank you.

Well said Upan. Nobody can argue with this post. Best wishes everyone.

To our GUB overlords!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Thanks! It isn’t our work that makes the forum special, but the contribution of everyone in this GU community. The conversations and information make this place fun. I look forward to a shiny New Year.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Thanks and a shout out to Spy, wherever you are.

Great post (& thought) upan.

This is a great place to visit.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

we only have to read the message boards of other schools to realize that our mods run this similarly to the way the Zags are run,
    reasonable, clean, we are a community, not accepting hate messages. Also trying to keep quarrels civil, not too much profanity and name calling. Zag Nation has too many blessings to count. Happy New Year everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    we only have to read the message boards of other schools to realize that our mods run this similarly to the way the Zags are run,
    reasonable, clean, we are a community, not accepting hate messages. Also trying to keep quarrels civil, not too much profanity and name calling. Zag Nation has too many blessings to count. Happy New Year everyone.
    So true!! Well, well said. I have a vision for the Zags this year ... and it's 20-20!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Thanks! It isn’t our work that makes the forum special, but the contribution of everyone in this GU community. The conversations and information make this place fun. I look forward to a shiny New Year.
    Indeed.

Thanks for the OP and the opportunity to thank the mods

Thank You

Cool

Moderators do a challenging job very well, and help this board achieve excellence. Their contributions are under-appreciated.

However, this thread makes it possible for fans to ensure that theirs are not thankless jobs. THANKS, mods, for all you give . . . and all you take.
    Last edited by TravelinZag; 01-01-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Change word

Moderators. Great job and you have done super in keeping ours one of the best

Thanks, mods.
    Go Zags!