• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Those Times You Eat a Chili Dog

There are some foods that just sound so damn good beforehand, then you eat it, and afterward you wonder what the hell overcame you, and I am not speaking of ones that make you sick on either end. Just ones that after eaten are terrible.

Chili dog on a cold day.

Big Mac

Fried rice.

I am sure I will have more. Whatcha got?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • TheZagPhish
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

God, I love chili dogs. Harkens back to my A&W drive-in days as a kid. (Crikey, I'm old!)

Bacon double cheeseburger and three beers.

Any big night out at Ruins.

Chicken and waffles with fancy bourbon.

Any ridiculous, late 70s era casserole.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• TheZagPhish
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Also, made a helluva fried rice this evening.
      Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Awesome Blossom at Outback

KFC

Zips Cheeseburger
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
          Awesome Blossom at Outback

KFC

Zips Cheeseburger
          OMG I forgot 2 obvious ones up top. I can deal with just about any cheeseburger.

Phish - I should qualify - Home made fried rice totally different bc not soaked in oil and mystery meat. Can make it fairly healthy with fresh onions and some shrimp or chicken. I was talking restaurant FR.

Obviously, I think we can all agree - - though this flirts with Zag board sacrilege - - tacos from Taco Bell - they can sound good.

Krispy Kreme donuts*

* But only bc there is no way you're stopping at one, unless you only got one, you're going at least 3, maybe 4 if you've got 20 mins and no one watching. And 10 minutes later you feel like running 5 miles to repent.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
            OMG I forgot 2 obvious ones up top. I can deal with just about any cheeseburger.

Phish - I should qualify - Home made fried rice totally different bc not soaked in oil and mystery meat. Can make it fairly healthy with fresh onions and some shrimp or chicken. I was talking restaurant FR.

Obviously, I think we can all agree - - though this flirts with Zag board sacrilege - - tacos from Taco Bell - they can sound good.

Krispy Kreme donuts*

* But only bc there is no way you're stopping at one, unless you only got one, you're going at least 3, maybe 4 if you've got 20 mins and no one watching. And 10 minutes later you feel like running 5 miles to repent.
            I had my best friends GF (later his wife) get food poisoning from a taco bell in Santa Barbara in the late 1960's. Haven't eaten at one since.

Krispy Kremes were great when I lived in Mobile in the 1970's, eaten freshly made after church.
            Now, served cold and in boxes, the just don't do it.

I like boiled rice, the cheese burgers AND doubles are great, although the singles are enough now...and I don't care for onions.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• tummydoc
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2013

Dixie, love me any taco bell, and chili dog with onions. You can have Krispy Kreme, glazed air. I'll take a blueberry old fashioned.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

Used to be that Taco Bell was my go to. My town has had 3 different taco joints open up... I’ve had the bell exactly once since and was horribly disappointed. All 3 are so much better and just as close that I just don’t think I can go back.

But going back to chili dogs... one of my favorite stories from my GU days... one of our friends made homemade moonshine... in his dorm room no less... and on a Friday night we drank some of it along with tons of beer. A good time was had by all. Saturday night was going to be a repeat in a different room. One of the guys that lived in the room we were going to party in wakes up hungover and decides to walk over to DQ and have a couple of chili dogs. Worst decision he ever made. He was laid up in his bed while we partied. Not sure why anyone would have that with a hangover
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  Used to be that Taco Bell was my go to. My town has had 3 different taco joints open up... I’ve had the bell exactly once since and was horribly disappointed. All 3 are so much better and just as close that I just don’t think I can go back.

But going back to chili dogs... one of my favorite stories from my GU days... one of our friends made homemade moonshine... in his dorm room no less... and on a Friday night we drank some of it along with tons of beer. A good time was had by all. Saturday night was going to be a repeat in a different room. One of the guys that lived in the room we were going to party in wakes up hungover and decides to walk over to DQ and have a couple of chili dogs. Worst decision he ever made. He was laid up in his bed while we partied. Not sure why anyone would have that with a hangover
                  Been a long time since I've been hung over, but best thing food thing for hangover are some waffles and a small omelet IMO.

Of course, at GU, while drinking we always hit up Dicks.

I was so proud of my daughter when at about age 3-4, for the first time, said "I want Dicks."
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                    Dixie, love me any taco bell, and chili dog with onions. You can have Krispy Kreme, glazed air. I'll take a blueberry old fashioned.
                    Yeah but it's great glazed air, especially when you're standing in the shop and they just take them out of the oil as going by and put them in the box, hot.
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

• gu03alum
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I love chili dogs. There is a place in Tacoma called Red Hot that has lots of beer on tap and a whole lot of hot dog options. I almost always get the coney dog. Sometimes I get one that they put peanut butter and bacon on, but that's usually after I have already ate a coney dog. My guilty pleasure, sadly, is a 711 quarter pound big bite. They have a machine that dispenses chili and I love that chili on the big bite. I have seen enough things at 711 to know better than to eat the dogs and chili there, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
                      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                        I love chili dogs. There is a place in Tacoma called Red Hot that has lots of beer on tap and a whole lot of hot dog options. I almost always get the coney dog. Sometimes I get one that they put peanut butter and bacon on, but that's usually after I have already ate a coney dog. My guilty pleasure, sadly, is a 711 quarter pound big bite. They have a machine that dispenses chili and I love that chil on the big bite. I have seen enough things at 711 to know better than to eat the dogs and chili there, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
                        Well I love them, too! This is about after eating them and the questions that come up. I'm not so good afterwards.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

There's a wing place that opened around the time my husband and I started dating and we've gone there ever since then (we've been to their only other location in Myrtle Beach too)... Anyway, our favorite flavor who no one else is able to make as well (and believe me, we've tried everywhere else) is garlic parmesan. It.is.amazing. They're perfectly crispy, coated, and floating in a lake of garlic parmesan butter. The grease used to make me sick after eating them, but they're so freaking good it didn't stop us from going back for more the next time.

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                            Well I love them, too! This is about after eating them and the questions that come up. I'm not so good afterwards.
                            Oh ####! I totally misunderstood the thread.

Any kind of fast food pizza (dominos, papa johns, pizza hut, etc.)
                            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2009

I’m glad that I'm not the only one with these issues. As a student, I used to joke that I balanced my checkbook in increments of $3.23. That was the price (with tax) of a No. 2 value meal at the McDonald’s on Indiana and Monroe. As a young lieutenant, I could eat fast food five times in a week and stay fit enough to max every fitness measure the Army ever tested. That’s definitely not true anymore.

I hate fast food at this age. I always feel sluggish and gross after eating it. The smell of a KFC or Taco Bell is revolting from the parking lot. That’s probably not a bad thing. It certainly is healthier not to live on that garbage.
                              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

Working...
                              X