Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 noise?

This is the topic of this thread - please focus! Would love to see Zags grab NW talent that when on the level. Paolo’s visit is coming up on 1/18 if I’m not mistaken - looks in recent videos to have added 20 lbs of muscles since his soph year - this kid is a MONSTER and for some reason I thought he might have some ties to the Spokane area - physically he’s not long and I think that makes him a better fit as a Zag than at UW - they prefer Uber-long arms in that zone. Bittle is a West Coast Elite guy and would be shocked to see him at Gonzaga. Gregg is a stud and I can’t believe we haven’t offered either - better than Grant IMO and plays with Perry on Rose City Rebels so I know we’ve seen plenty of him - he’s a 6’8” SF/PF who is a shooting/scoring machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoko13 View Post
    This is the topic of this thread - please focus! Would love to see Zags grab NW talent that when on the level. Paolo’s visit is coming up on 1/18 if I’m not mistaken - looks in recent videos to have added 20 lbs of muscles since his soph year - this kid is a MONSTER and for some reason I thought he might have some ties to the Spokane area - physically he’s not long and I think that makes him a better fit as a Zag than at UW - they prefer Uber-long arms in that zone. Bittle is a West Coast Elite guy and would be shocked to see him at Gonzaga. Gregg is a stud and I can’t believe we haven’t offered either - better than Grant IMO and plays with Perry on Rose City Rebels so I know we’ve seen plenty of him - he’s a 6’8” SF/PF who is a shooting/scoring machine.
    Gregg is #33 on Espn`s 2021 rankings. Did not realize he was ranked that high.

What happened to Jackson Grant?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Gregg is #33 on Espn`s 2021 rankings. Did not realize he was ranked that high.
    I think the biggest thing on Gregg is how will he fair against better competition. He did not play great this summer or last spring. We will continue to monitor him and see how he improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    What happened to Jackson Grant?
    Didn't he commit to UW?

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think the biggest thing on Gregg is how will he fair against better competition. He did not play great this summer or last spring. We will continue to monitor him and see how he improves.
    Any word on 2021 guard priorities? I've seen Collins & Silva mentioned but nothing too concrete.

Pretty reasonable chance both Ayayi/Suggs are gone so depth seems a potential concern there. (heck, maybe even Harris too..)

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Any word on 2021 guard priorities? I've seen Collins & Silva mentioned but nothing too concrete.

Pretty reasonable chance both Ayayi/Suggs are gone so depth seems a potential concern there. (heck, maybe even Harris too..)
    Right now they are just monitoring numerous people, but will probably focus in more this spring. Collins would be the name I would watch closest.

Yes, Grant did commit to the UW. Done deal.

I know Grant committed to UW. I want to know if we were in the conversation or if we weren't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    I know Grant committed to UW. I want to know if we were in the conversation or if we weren't interested.
    Not really we watched him a few times but nothing more.

there appears to be at least some concern on his level of athleticism as a hybrid wing/forward...

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    there appears to be at least some concern on his level of athleticism as a hybrid wing/forward...
    I think if he was a pure 4/5 things would be different. The fact that he is a little undersized to play the 5 is also a cause for concern. I wouldn't say he is off the table, but I would say we are definitely in the observation period still with him.

I think if he was a pure 4/5 things would be different. The fact that he is a little undersized to play the 5 is also a cause for concern. I wouldn't say he is off the table, but I would say we are definitely in the observation period still with him.
    Amazing how Gonzaga's recruiting has changed in just a couple years. He has offers from 1/2 the PAC 12 and a couple Big 12 schools and we're trying to decide if hes good enough. Not long ago a consensus top 100 recruit who wanted to come to GU would have been offered immediately and would have been the best recruit of the class.

I absolutely love the kid and I am shell shocked we haven't offered him. He is so skilled and would be such a great 3 for us.

It was asked in Suggs thread to do an updated list. I will do a list in order of how I see it.

Chet
    Paolo
    Watson
    Bittle
    Collins
    Sallis
    Christie
    Gregg
    Silva

It was asked in Suggs thread to do an updated list. I will do a list in order of how I see it.

Chet
    Paolo
    Watson
    Bittle
    Collins
    Sallis
    Christie
    Gregg
    Silva
    I think I should throw out that Bittle becomes number 1 or 2 if Chet or Paolo go elsewhere.

Chet
    Paolo
    Watson
    Bittle
    Collins
    Sallis
    Christie
    Gregg
    Silva
    As of right now, with Perry committed, there are 2 more scholarships available for the '21 class. My guess is 2 or 3 move onto the NBA by then too. Do you think this could end up being a 4, 5, or 6 person class like '16 and '19?

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    4m
    Five-star junior Nate Bittle has scheduled an official visit to Gonzaga on January 25th, a source told
    @Stockrisers. UCLA and Arizona have received official visits from him.

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    4m
    Five-star junior Nate Bittle has scheduled an official visit to Gonzaga on January 25th, a source told
    @Stockrisers. UCLA and Arizona have received official visits from him.
    We have been working on setting up an official visit for awhile, this was one of a handful of dates I had heard. Big time to get him on an official.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    As of right now, with Perry committed, there are 2 more scholarships available for the '21 class. My guess is 2 or 3 move onto the NBA by then too. Do you think this could end up being a 4, 5, or 6 person class like '16 and '19?
    I would think 4 is a realistic number, 5 maybe.

I would think 4 is a realistic number, 5 maybe.
    If we had the "ideal" class it would be

Chet or Bittle
    Paolo
    Watson or Christie
    Collins or Sallis

Look for some kind of arrangement of 2 bigs, a wing, and a guard.

Chances we get Christie to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Chances we get Christie to visit?
    Earlier in the year I thought it was pretty good and we were working at that pretty hard. From what I am told is we are still actively recruiting him, but Watson has really stepped up his game and our focus is shifting more towards him. I would not be shocked if Watson visits in the near future.

Earlier in the year I thought it was pretty good and we were working at that pretty hard. From what I am told is we are still actively recruiting him, but Watson has really stepped up his game and our focus is shifting more towards him. I would not be shocked if Watson visits in the near future.
    Does this mean an offer might be extended to Watson soon as well?

Chet 4
    Paolo 3
    Watson 32
    Bittle 14
    Collins 47
    Sallis 42
    Christie 13
    Gregg 56
    Silva 31
    Perry 109

Added the current 247 composite ranking to each and added Perry, although I think he will climb. Its gotta be the highest ranked collection of recruits GU has ever gone after. Cant wait to see which ones commit and who else might be added to this list over the next few months.