Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Detroit Mercy - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

+1 on no new injuries.

Watson getting good run would also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    No new injuries is only hope for me.

Zags - 96
    DM - 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, if someone so much as gets a hotspot on their heel, sit him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Detroit Mercy, Gonzaga's opponent on Monday, put up 46 3-point attempts (made 12) in a 78-69 loss to Oakland:

Gonzaga 104, DM 64.

I hope to see the bench... a lot. In certain conference match ups and certainly in March, we will need Arlauskas and Zakharov to step in. This is a perfect game for them to get significant minutes and live game experience.

Echoing... no injuries.

Gonzaga 103 -77

They will rain down 3’s and hope for a spectacular night. It’s their only hope to be in it against the Zags.
    98-70 Zags

Our bench should play long minutes
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

97-67 Zags

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hope to see Zags start 2020 w a business like performance. After catching up on last couple Mark Few show episodes and hearing Few himself talk about how this team’s OOC performance has been best of any team he has coached, I hope Zags don’t start feeling overly satisfied w themselves. Understandably and rightfully proud but stay hungry and focusedZags!!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I watched all of this seasons Mark Few shows yesterday. I really enjoyed watching them back to back.

Few mentioned how Filip has improved but still needs to play with more agression and toughness.

I enjoyed the interview with Gary Bell. When asked about Joel, GB said he's pleased with the growth and I believe has been working with Joel. Few said Joel has really worked hard on his shooting in the off season and it shows. He mentioned that Joel is still missing a lot of defensive assignments .

Few also spoke of the toughness of Woolridge . I think we are lucky to have Ryan and Adman this season.

This team is improving weekly. I'm really excited about the remaining game's seeing where this team will be by March.

I am not typically one to criticize the schedule but I would really like to see a better opponent to ramp up to WCC play. I hope I am wrong and Detroit Mercy plays hard throughout and makes this Zag team compete. A blowout game where players dribble up and jack up 3’s doesn’t get much accomplished, other than free tacos (with my apologies to the national taco makers union*).

*I really hope there isn’t such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I watched all of this seasons Mark Few shows yesterday. I really enjoyed watching them back to back.

Few mentioned how Filip has improved but still needs to play with more agression and toughness.

I enjoyed the interview with Gary Bell. When asked about Joel, GB said he's pleased with the growth and I believe has been working with Joel. Few said Joel has really worked hard on his shooting in the off season and it shows. He mentioned that Joel is still missing a lot of defensive assignments .

Few also spoke of the toughness of Woolridge . I think we are lucky to have Ryan and Adman this season.

This team is improving weekly. I'm really excited about the remaining game's seeing where this team will be by March.

Mark Few has called Joel out in the media multiple times because of his defense, now. This makes the third time at least I’ve heard this. It tells me a) it’s pretty bad and b) Joel must be pretty good. I don’t think Coach would go to that trouble if he didn’t like having Joel on the court, because he could just bench him or play him the bare minimum of minutes, even with the limited options. This is just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Mark Few has called Joel out in the media multiple times because of his defense, now. This makes the third time at least I’ve heard this. It tells me a) it’s pretty bad and b) Joel must be pretty good. I don’t think Coach would go to that trouble if he didn’t like having Joel on the court, because he could just bench him or play him the bare minimum of minutes, even with the limited options. This is just my opinion, of course.
    Joel probably gets lost on defence by helping to much. Going for steals and blocks will always compromise the defensive. I'm sure at times his rebounding numbers come from leaving his guy early.

Few also mentioned the lack of communication on defence and said this team is quiet and settled In the fact that as long as they are making the correct choices he's ok with that.

GU 97
    Detroit Mercy 58

Just hoping to see a good, clean game again. Looking forward to seeing the guys in action again.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

107-70

GU

YOUR GONZAGA BULLDOGS 94
    DETROIT "SHOW US SOME" MERCY TITANS 66

Little bit of "holiday rust" limits GU to under 100 points. Just win baby and no more injuries. If me, I would hold Watson out of this matchup and substitute liberally once lead gets to 20+.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

GU-92
    DM-61

Jim Meehan's Preview: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ate-against-u/

Detroit Mercy, picked eighth in the 10-team Horizon League preseason poll, has dropped eight of its last nine, six by double digits. The Titans hoisted a school-record 46 3-pointers, hitting 12, in a 78-69 loss to Oakland on Saturday. Detroit Mercy is 13th nationally with 383 3-point attempts.

Gonzaga returned to practice Friday, hoping the short holiday break helped assist the healing process for Killian Tillie (knee, ankle), Admon Gilder (knee) and Anton Watson (shoulder).

The Zags, who open WCC play Thursday at Portland, average 88.2 points, second only to EWU’s 88.6. The Titans give up 79.8 per game, 335th nationally.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

If ya haven’t predicted yet .... this might help:
    https://www.slipperstillfits.com/pla...efore-wcc-play
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

GU 102
    DM 75

- 103-68, zags
    - would like to see zag guards shutdown davis, 3rd in scoring in nation. or just keep him at 20 or less, that would be fine.

Zags - 101
    Titans - 72
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

In some respect this game allows our players to get ready for WCC. We hopefully will learn to really attack the three point line. Too many teams in our league lie and die by the three. Also after a week layoff you want an easy game to remove the rust

An unfortunate and embarrassing piece of scheduling....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    An unfortunate and embarrassing piece of scheduling....
    Bingo.

GU 103
    D Mercy 67

Go Zags!