Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this board dying off or am I going crazy?

Default Is this board dying off or am I going crazy?

I mean it might be both but i feel for late december that the board is empty. We are #1 and should have people on here typing away.

Did we scare them off? Did some ppl pass away? Even when i dont type, I love reading everyone's opinions.

You have entered the twilight zone

Lots of loading issues. Off line hours at a time. Thatís my experience anyway.

Not that I post that often, but I have trouble getting on sometimes. Plus, yeah, it got tiring for awhile reading all the bickering.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Yes.
    But we don't play nobody.

I actually passed away. Sorry.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Lots of loading issues. Off line hours at a time. That’s my experience anyway.
    Same here as noted by the sticky at the top ... was looking forward to reading stuff here all day and that happened lol maybe tomorrow
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

It's always an issue when you can't get loaded

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Come back scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It's always an issue when you can't get loaded
    Loaded is never a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Mostly dead, or all dead?

The obvious answer seems to be mostly dead, but I wasnít quite sure how this works.

I still read but not as often. And I am grateful for the Board . . . But two things: 1) It has missed something since Bob Z stopped posting very often, and 2) the way some (many?) take instantaneous offense and then the Board burst into bickering sure gets old. Sorry. End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    I still read but not as often. And I am grateful for the Board . . . But two things: 1) It has missed something since Bob Z stopped posting very often, and 2) the way some (many?) take instantaneous offense and then the Board burst into bickering sure gets old. Sorry. End of rant.
    You call that a rant?

LOL, I'm sure the Christmas break has dampened the traffic. Things will undoubtedly pick up once WCC play starts.

I'm just here for the cake.

Lots of loading issues. Off line hours at a time. Thatís my experience anyway.
    My experience as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of loading issues. Off line hours at a time. That’s my experience anyway.
    Exactly. Once I saw that the board had crashed, I did other internet things. The Zags are idle until the 30th anyways.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, AND WE STILL ENDED UP AT THE KENNEL !

This board will never die. NEVER!!! It's called GUBoards for a reason. People come here to write (post) who love Gonzaga basketball and people come here to read what is written here, and THEY come in even greater hoards. Some fans who have contributed to this really awesome basketball forum, have been here for a long long time, and have traveled with the team as they have journeyed to becoming one of the elite college basketball programs in the USA. I think most of us try to be representative of the great program that we support. This forum is not a newspaper or a magazine, and there is way more freedom to write here than any magazine or paper I can think of. Yes! Sometimes this forum gets messy and negative because we are humans and because we don't have all the restraints that news papers and magazines have. I think for the most part, we have a GREAT BOARD a GREAT BASKETBALL FORUM and we have had and still have great mods who do their best to manage civility here and most fans who do write here try to keep the board respectable. I feel that for the most part, we writers have a lot of freedom to express ourselves here. and for the most part we do a darn good job. If we did not have the freedom to criticize when we feel it's appropriate, we WOULD BE a dead board, and if we did not have mods, to manage what is and what is not respectable here, we would like wise be dying indeed. I for one am grateful for this board, for all the good and bad. It's kind of like life. And I for one will do my best to keep trying to keep it alive. Even when I sometimes want to give up and leave. Even when I get tired of some people here and want to quit, some of you remind me what my mother instilled in me as I was growing up. She told me several times, "No son of mine will EVER quit."

Thank you.

Go Zags!!! I know some of you hate my three exclamation marks after Go Zags and yet I have kept typing them for years now. I"m not sure why I do it. It's kind of a signature of who I am. Kind of like the Z IN Zoro! hahaha
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    I'm just here for the cake.
    I'm just here so I dont get fined boss.

Unfortunately, this board has become much like the student section at games. When winning becomes the norm, people take things for granted. Where's the excitement in posting when there isn't much adversity? If we had a record that wasn't as strong, I have no doubt that this board would be busier. If we had flashier players, this board would be busier. Our free-throw shooting was ac tally pretty good last game, so I'm not sure what someone would post. I myself have been coming here for years, posting occasionally, but mostly hanging back and reading what others have to say, from Reno's after game analysis, to Section's post-game radio report. I love reading about our old Zags and the potential newcomers. Even with Jazz always drinking from his half filled cup, I think having someone that makes some of us adjust our rose-colored glasses is a positive thing. A little friendly controversy makes the board that much stronger. Anyway, thanks to everyone who does post and be safe and have a great Christmas. Go Zags!

Yes it is pretty dead compared to a few years ago. I lurk and read but rarely post anymore. Nothing that much for me to say that would be interesting to anyone else. Also, bickering was discouraged often but that also is what makes it interesting.

message boards in general are dying off... Twitter has become the hotspot for instant reactions and interacting and with other fans. Iíve noticed lack of activity of almost all CBB message boards.

I feel this place is generally more quiet than previous years. As mentioned, a lot of the hot takes and interaction around basketball (especially) is on Twitter.

I feel like GUBoards was best when it was a bit looser, more in line with how you might shoot the sh*t with some buddies while watching your favorite team. There is lots of complaining but a lot of love and passion.

Now itís an incredible amount of in-fighting, poster vs poster. You get critical of a player and folks jump down your throat. I lurked for years before posting something. I canít imagine some younger person, following along would be inclined to post something, especially something critical of Few, the players, students, etc.

I havenít done many this year, but the game threads are generally good and happen real time, so itís a bit enthusiastic and a bit caustic (sometimes at the same time). Probably more in line with what you might be thinking watching at home, even if you wouldnít say some of that here on the boards later on.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Mostly dead, or all dead?

The obvious answer seems to be mostly dead, but I wasnít quite sure how this works.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    I'm just here so I dont get fined boss.
    This....

"I'm just 'bout that action boss"

Is this the 'who's been Naughty and who's been Nice' thread?
    HO, HO, HO!
    Happy Holidays everyone!