Thread: Anton Watson is BAAAACK

Default Anton Watson is BAAAACK

Go get 'em. And stay healthy, please.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

There is a chance here to rest anyone with injuries that could become chronic problems. With the next big threat coming against BYU on 1/18, there is not another chance like this during the season for long, sustained rest with minimal impact to winning.

I'm not bagging on the Eagles here but I think we could survive the next 2-3 weeks without Anton or even Tillie if it means they don't have setbacks later.

Let Arlauskus and Zakharov run, we may really need them later.

Sincerely,

The valueless opinion of a forum poster.

Smile

Anton's wearing one of those shoulder dealies (technical term) finally. Good. (Someone here commented on the shoulder dealie being worn by one of the Zags women.)

Support that shoulder! It's a big dealie!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    There is a chance here to rest anyone with injuries that could become chronic problems. With the next big threat coming against BYU on 1/18, there is not another chance like this during the season for long, sustained rest with minimal impact to winning.

I'm not bagging on the Eagles here but I think we could survive the next 2-3 weeks without Anton or even Tillie if it means they don't have setbacks later.

Let Arlauskus and Zakharov run, we may really need them later.

Sincerely,

The valueless opinion of a forum poster.
    Make that two opinions.
    Parlez-vous français?

He looked very uncomfortable....very tentative....understandable.... but never the less concerning....he had such a impressive start to the season...

Still near zero use of that left arm.

At some point he is jus going to have to go for it, and let it go. Mental hurdle the toughest following subluxation injuries. Subconsciously worried about leaving it vulnerable.

Smart to protect it tonight though, try to strengthen it over the next 2 wks.

After muscles have calmed/swelling down, best thing is immediate PT and strength training in unstable shoulders.

Using it as soon as able , maintaining flexibility, while tightening muscle through sustained resistance training, or even abducting your arm and moving a tennis ball against a wall. Keep it engaged and muscle fibers firing around joint
    Last edited by Goshzagit; 12-22-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Yep he’s a few steps behind the rest of the team right now, but maybe excited will get him back in the groove

Are we sure he is back AND ok ?

As was mentioned he looked super tentative and almost lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the next three weeks will show how he stands. He needs the competition to get used to being in the right place at the right time and to also be able to shoot accurately. He just needs playing time. Good luck on his recovery

I dont know how extensive his injury is and feel like the coaches would not have played him vs EWU just for the heck of it. He did look very tentative, so whether that's a confidence thing or the injury itself, or both hard to say. Hopefully he gets his mojo back hes integral.
    America's Team!

Good insight. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First game playing with a shoulder support. Suspect it was a test drive before deciding on the timing of surgery. Results weren't encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    First game playing with a shoulder support. Suspect it was a test drive before deciding on the timing of surgery. Results weren't encouraging.
    Yep, not if but when.

Hope they dont wait it out like they did Perkins. Had subluxations every other game and practice

So many he had arthritis by his senior yr, yes, boney overgrowth beginning to develop to protect itself.

I suspect they will wait until it happens again, or maybe the post season.

Guards can get away with shoulder instability more than post players can...

Earlier the better, as he had yet to experience a full dislocation, but tbh, its just a matter of time...