View Poll Results: Will the Zags "Run the Table" ?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Way

37 40.66%
  • Absolutely

19 20.88%
  • More sleigh bell

35 38.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN : Can the Zags Run the Table ?

I am hoping that the next 6 games allow us to get two more players getting major minutes. If we get that and then Watson is able to come back from his injuries, we will be solid. That may allow us to go thru with 0 or 1 losses.

Of COURSE the Zags CAN run the table. The real question is WILL the Zags run the table.

I voted YES they CAN.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I’d give up 3 losses in WCC for 3 teams in dance

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    There is a big difference between a 1 or 2 seed. Go ahead. Go out on a limb!!!

"Unsurprisingly, no seed is as successful as the 1 seed. They have 24 of the 41 national championships since 1979. The only other seed with more than five is the 2 seed, which has seven. The 1 seeds also have won 99.3 percent of their first-round matchups, and 78.6 percent of their 659 NCAA tournament games since 1979 — better than any other seed."

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...all-tournament
    Just my opinion.
    Love the zags for life

Anywhere between 0 - 3 losses and I would not be surprised, with 1 or 2 being most likely.

My best guess....

%75 chance at least one loss in confrence
    %50 chance two losses
    %25 chance three losses

Think there will be more tight games this year with fewer blowouts.
    Of course "if" and it's a big "if" the injury bug would fly away I think it's only one loss max in confrence. Sure would be nice to have 8 man rotation.

Yes we can. By it’s more important to win the Title.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    My best guess....

%75 chance at least one loss in confrence
    %50 chance two losses
    %25 chance three losses

Think there will be more tight games this year with fewer blowouts.
    Of course "if" and it's a big "if" the injury bug would fly away I think it's only one loss max in confrence. Sure would be nice to have 8 man rotation.
    May want to recheck your math

They can IF they clean up some of the sloppy play down the stretch of games and IF key players start shooting FT's at a better rate...Zags are currently the 292nd best free throw shooting team in the nation!!! The 2 most likely ball handlers in a tight game are Woolridge and Ayayi and they are shooting 51% and at 60% from the free throw line... it will cost some games if they don't get better!!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Not sold on this team being as good as some of the other recent Zag squads. I think last year's team could pull it off, but not this one.

This is a down year for college basketball across the board although this diminished national landscape synched rather well for St. Marys to have a peak season. The Gaels might actually make some noise this year.
    I miss Mike Hart

I think a couple losses to SMC/BYU. But If this team ends up with only 3/4 losses...wow. This has been the most surprising season in my 15 years of fandom. Can’t believe we’re #2, it’s awesome I hope we keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I want that protected seed in Spokane. If 3 losses doesn't preclude this I guess I'd be with you on that. I really hate losing to BYU, though. SMC looks pretty good.

In the past the Committee has only allowed two at large bids for mid majors.....I doubt they will both be from the WCC....

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    What?!! Why?!! Are you a Zag or WCC fan? Three losses in conference would cost us seed lines, and I want a #1 seed way more than any charitable feelings for the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    What?!! Why?!! Are you a Zag or WCC fan? Three losses in conference would cost us seed lines, and I want a #1 seed way more than any charitable feelings for the WCC.
    I know that a rising tide is supposed to float all ships but it's hard for me to not root for any ship with WCC on it to rot out and sink in the harbor.

I’m going with 32-1 as I feel the Zags will improve significantly through January before meeting either SMC or BYU at their home courts. Yes, there are uncertainties with injuries. What is certain IMHO is improvement in FTs, D and teamwork (GU’s O will get even better). Few & Co are doing masterful work. The WCC is better this season. Good. It’s going to make for some exciting games

Go Zags! Beat the Eags (just not by too much)
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Ayayi - 60
    Gilder - 70
    Woolridge - 50

FT% as backcourt unit: 60%

If that's not dead last from a guard trio in NCAAM, I'd be shocked.

This alone will cost us at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Ayayi - 60
    Gilder - 70
    Woolridge - 50

FT% as backcourt unit: 60%

If that's not dead last from a guard trio in NCAAM, I'd be shocked.

This alone will cost us at some point.
    Shhh... some people don't want to hear about that... It's such a frustrating way to lose a hard-fought game-- akin to missing a FG in football-- because it is akin to beating yourself, in my opinion. It erases all of your hard work in the other facets of the game. You don't want lose because you bested your opponent physically but couldn't get focused enough in the moment on a skill that you start doing as soon as you pick up a basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    it would mean the WCC is advancing in quality....means people would be interested in watching conference games. me especially

Can the Zags win the rest of the games? Of course they can. And they may be the only team in men's college basketball that can. They have the best odds of making that happen. To me the best indicator that they can do it is that they have been able to win against highly ranked teams on the Road. Their toughest games this year (Michigan, Oregon, Arizona and Washington) have been on the Road, and they have won 3 of them. There were two true Road games (the game was played at their home sight) against Washington and Arizona. Gonzaga has really been tested, and so far they've passed all of the tests.

I feel it's safe to say that this Gonzaga team has probably been the most surprising team since the '99 Zags. They just keep surprising us. So once again there are many who say that they can't do it mostly because it's just too hard to do such a thing. And they are right about it being really really hard. But, this teams seems to really rise up and go after those games which are really difficult. They seem to enjoy rising to the occasion.

Regards the foul shooting and winning. So far they've been able to win when the foul shooting wasn't all that good. And there has been important games where the Zags shot well from the free throw line. Also, Woolridge iced the game against Arizona by hitting two foul shots. Again they seem to rise up against the odds (the odds were against Woolridge making both of those foul shots).

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

- can't say where or by what team, but I think any really good team is going to lose a game or two against the wcc pack.
    - not only are byu and st. Mary's tough outs, but zags cannot and will not sleep on usf or santa clara either.

- so long as we win the conference tournament, even with 2 conference losses, I think the zags will be a lock to get seeded in the Spokane pod.

Red face Can, Should -- Gotta get healthy, Stay healthy

...since beating UW & U of A on the road, Kiddwell's been thinking we can run the table, should run the table...

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

I believe the key will be for Gonzaga to just take it one game at a time, just like they've been doing it. If we can beat Arizona and UW in their arena's we can certainly beat St Mary's, BYU, Pepperdine, USF and others. Just keep it one day at a time beginning with EWU today. AND NEVER think about going undefeated the rest of the way. That is a horrible thought to anyone trying to go one day at a time.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

It's a safe bet we will drop at least one of two to BYU with childs back.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    It's a safe bet we will drop at least one of two to BYU with childs back.
    BYU could possibly beat the Zags. I wouldn't say it is a safe bet. Not even close.