Thread: Roy Williams and Mark Few

Default Roy Williams and Mark Few

Wish I had some post game radio for you tonight but I don't because I was at the game. I do, however, have a couple quotes from Coach Williams from the pregame show. Tom Hudson asked Williams about the games with the Zags, and Williams said after the national championship game loss, Williams actually apologized to Few and said I wish it had been anyone but you we beat tonight. Later in the interview Hudson asked Williams why they decided to do a home and home when he knew they were going to have to travel all the way out here. Williams said the answer is two words, "Mark Few".

By the way for those of you who may not know:

Take a look inside how Mark Few balances coaching

and spending time with his family in the next episode of “NCAA Men of March” on CBS Sports Network. Tune in this Sunday at 6 PM EST!

It’d be great if Coach few and our team could invite Coach Williams and his team over for a postgame supper/snacks.
    "There is a time when panic is the appropriate response." Eugene Kleiner

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagSoCal View Post
    It’d be great if Coach few and our team could invite Coach Williams and his team over for a postgame supper/snacks.
    It'd be like summer camp, eating s'mores and singing Kum-ba-ya. Maybe make it a sleepover...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Wish I had some post game radio for you tonight but I don't because I was at the game. I do, however, have a couple quotes from Coach Williams from the pregame show. Tom Hudson asked Williams about the games with the Zags, and Williams said after the national championship game loss, Williams actually apologized to Few...
    wonder if he was apologizing for the officiating...

OK, this pisses me off. The Few segment (3PM) coincides with the Zags game vs. EWU (2:30PM) as well as the Seahawks game (1PM). My DVR says pick two. No repeats of the Few segment shown in the guide. How do I pick? I'm on Dish. Aaaaaargh!

ETA: Ohhhhh, I have two receivers in my house....Happy Day!!!

(still, it's a complete abomination for the lamers at CBS Sports to schedule that actually during a Zags game). Another POX on your house, CBS!!!!!1!!!!2!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    OK, this pisses me off. The Few segment (3PM) coincides with the Zags game vs. EWU (2:30PM) as well as the Seahawks game (1PM). My DVR says pick two. No repeats of the Few segment shown in the guide. How do I pick? I'm on Dish. Aaaaaargh!

ETA: Ohhhhh, I have two receivers in my house....Happy Day!!!

(still, it's a complete abomination for the lamers at CBS Sports to schedule that actually during a Zags game). Another POX on your house, CBS!!!!!1!!!!2!!!!
    You’re crying with 2 loaves of bread under your arms. What online link will the EWU game NOT be available to those of us in the hinterlands?

Caduceus, I pulled some strings and fixed it for you. Hawks will play Sunday at 1. The zags on Saturday at 2. You owe me..BIG TIME.

Look at Ol’ Roy in different light now. Great coach, decent man, class act. UNC, hmmm, the jury is still out; actually jury was never formed. Deano is smiling in Blue Heaven; now he was the best, on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Caduceus, I pulled some strings and fixed it for you. Hawks will play Sunday at 1. The zags on Saturday at 2. You owe me..BIG TIME.
    Holy Fr. Coughlin!!! My savior!!! Whew!

My DVR search had the game on SUNDAY (which was a ####### oops, goḍḍam REPLAY). How did I mess this up? My DVR wasn't any help.

I bow to your transmissional (i.e., TV) temporanial (schedule) skillages (INTELLIGENCE). My mother is coming tomorrow for the holidays, and I'd be ousted from the family for missing a Bulldog game on television.

I do owe you BIG TIME!

=cad=

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    You’re crying with 2 loaves of bread under your arms. What online link will the EWU game NOT be available to those of us in the hinterlands?
    Ugh...keep it up with the low effort posts. I agree with a lot of your sentiments, but man... your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Ugh...keep it up with the low effort posts. I agree with a lot of your sentiments, but man... your attitude.
    It’s irony. An East coast thing. Hang in there.

It’s irony. An East coast thing. Hang in there.
    irony

Hey Jazz... You misspelled annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    tummydoc for threeeeeee !!!

Nothing but twine ...

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

I will always view Roy Williams and North Carolina through the prism of the decades long academic scandal …..

Look at Ol’ Roy in different light now. Great coach, decent man, class act. UNC, hmmm, the jury is still out; actually jury was never formed. Deano is smiling in Blue Heaven; now he was the best, on and off the court.
    I never understood just how good a man Dean Smith was until way late in his life.

He supported those players AND the student body generally during a time when it was not easy being black in the south even if you were a superstar.

Dean Smith took some stands for his guys that made the locals quite uncomfortable and he had no problem doing it.

I really respect a guy who the kids know has their backs. Few is that way, too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Scott

Charlie Scott. More to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I never understood just how good a man Dean Smith was until way late in his life.

He supported those players AND the student body generally during a time when it was not easy being black in the south even if you were a superstar.

Dean Smith took some stands for his guys that made the locals quite uncomfortable and he had no problem doing it.

I really respect a guy who the kids know has their backs. Few is that way, too.