Thread: 3-0 In the Big 3 Game Stretch

Default 3-0 In the Big 3 Game Stretch

Granted, UNC was hobbled w/o their best guy.

But for our team to go 3-0 through that stretch is just a wonderful accomplishment, something for the program to be very proud of.

Those 3 games set our seed in a lot of ways. SMC will be tough, BYU maybe, but if we can get through the rest of the season with 2 losses or less, I think we're a 2 seed at worst.

This team really found some mental toughness over 3 game stretch. They won in tough environments, and they won without even playing their absolute best all-around ball.

So proud, and they have a ton of upside still.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Still happy to beat UNC no matter how it came. Rmenwber we are still without a fantastic player ourselves in Watson. I know he’s not as good as CA, but goodness, it still takes away from our team as well. Think of how good we could be with him healthy
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Still happy to beat UNC no matter how it came. Rmenwber we are still without a fantastic player ourselves in Watson. I know he’s not as good as CA, but goodness, it still takes away from our team as well. Think of how good we could be with him healthy
    Tillie is maybe 50% in terms of physical ability.

Guy is a monster above the rim, block shot guy when feeling well, and he's clearly not that right now, and clearly bc of injury. If he gets stronger/healthier, huge plus.

3-0 is rather stunning. I woulda' taken "2" and ran if offered.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Granted, UNC was hobbled w/o their best guy.

But for our team to go 3-0 through that stretch is just a wonderful accomplishment, something for the program to be very proud of.

Those 3 games set our seed in a lot of ways. SMC will be tough, BYU maybe, but if we can get through the rest of the season with 2 losses or less, I think we're a 2 seed at worst.

This team really found some mental toughness over 3 game stretch. They won in tough environments, and they won without even playing their absolute best all-around ball.

So proud, and they have a ton of upside still.
    Can we put an asterisk on that though? Would’ve loved Cole Anthony to have been healthy tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Can we put an asterisk on that though? Would’ve loved Cole Anthony to have been healthy tonight...
    I would have preferred Watson to be healthy
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Going into the month I was thinking we beat UNC and I hoped we would split UW and UA. Great job by the Zags coming out of this stretch 3-0!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Couldn't be happier with this 3-0. Basically everything from Battle for Atlantis to now has been impressive, to me as a fan.

Agree with statements by Bilas and the other guy during the game tonight that this team appears to be further along developmentally than expected at this stage.

What a pleasant surprise this season has been so far.

Won it and now we move on. THis team is improving at a rapid rate. We are worthy of a 1 seed and soon to be a no 1 ranking if we continue to power through teams. This group is full of talent and if yo go back to the summer-September transition period, the biggest question was whether coaches could make this group become a team. That's answered. Hanging on to my hat, we have a big time team. Consistency will go far with this group but the defense MUST improve. Every time we've sniffed a FF we had superior defense. We don't now. We DO need defense.

As long as we don't get hit with more injuries, this stretch should solidfy us playing in Spokane for the first two rounds of the tournament. Even if we lose 3 more games, the overall field is weak enough to keep us in the top 16 teams. We are in a really good position.