X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagguy
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Was in an elevator at the Biltmore spring of 18 with a couple who were donned in UNC blue and white. I was wearing my GU shirt. He said "good game last year". I replied (laughing mind you) "right, except for the last two minutes". To which his very hair-sprayed blonde wife retorted "At least you got to play". I just wish I had her number to rub it in tomorrow. Beat UNC. Oh please oh please.

Comment

• BayAreaZagFan
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Jan 2017

I think the Tar Heels, even short-handed will come in over confident. I think the crowd will be in the game, even with the students on break. I think the game will be similar to the AZ game in one unfortunate way. The Zags will have a comfortable lead late in the game, only to see it skip away. The end result won't be as close though.

Zags - 80
      North Carolina University - 73

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
      My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Zags 77
        UNC 61

Seeing UNC play in K2 is a dream come true. I wish I could be there to see it live and in person. I'll see it live on TV, and that will be okay. Who would ever have thought that one day a team like North Carolina would come to play us in the Kennel II. AND to be able to look up at the scoreboard at the end of the game ans see that we're ahead, is one thing that I hope to see. I am also hoping that the Ninja Shooters come out and party with us. Let's hit at least ten 3's. We have the shooters to do this. Just do it guys. I'm hoping to see Timme score in double figures and get his first double double. If Tillie is unable to play he will come and take his place and have a huge game. I love how he plays.

Go Zags!!!
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zagger
          Banned
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
          Don't revise the post... just post new score. I always take the last score posted.
          Thanks for the note - I’m not going to change anything - or post a new prediction. If UNC is going to dig deep for a game it’s going to be this one.

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Zagguy View Post
            Was in an elevator at the Biltmore spring of 18 with a couple who were donned in UNC blue and white. I was wearing my GU shirt. He said "good game last year". I replied (laughing mind you) "right, except for the last two minutes". To which his very hair-sprayed blonde wife retorted "At least you got to play". I just wish I had her number to rub it in tomorrow. Beat UNC. Oh please oh please.
            Yeah, but we were limited to only 5 on the court at a time.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• tummydoc
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2013

Hard to beat NC when they wear their striped jerseys.

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

UNC lost to both UVA and OSU with both starting guards in tact.

Statistics can be wrong but they can also be an indication of a norm.

UNC is a very poor shooting team:
                They lost by nine points to a UVA team that has problems scoring.
                They lost to OSU at home and only scored a total of "49" points!!!
                They lost to Wofford at home without their starting back court scoring only 64
                points.

UNC shoots FT's at a worse clip than we do!!! I think we have a "chance" to win this one...

Before the season started, I circled this as an "L" but after watching them play Alabama and Michigan, it was clear that this isn't the typical UNC team of years past...and without Anthony and Black they are going to have difficulty scoring.

Without Anthony and Black, UNC loses 25% of their rebounding, 43% of their assists, 50% of their steals and their outside shooting...

This is a "Blue Blood" and they are going to struggle all year with or without Anthony and Black...

We are going to score as we normally do and our defence will play well at home and think this game will be decided early...

GU - 88
                UNC - 65

Comment

• ZagaZags
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

87% Chance to Win.

ESPN has Gonzaga with an 87% chance to defeat North Carolina.
                  Game summary of the Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. North Carolina Tar Heels NCAAM game, final score 94-81, from December 18, 2019 on ESPN.

Comment

• Zagger
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
                    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401168261
                    TheKENNEL

Comment

• 77Zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2007

Heels 64
                      Zags 87

Go Zags - Beat the Tar Heels!!
                      “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagguy View Post
                        Which Biltmore? You were too kind to them. I would have mentioned the thieving refs and the out of bounds foot or tar heel that no one — including dopey Nantz and icon Hill and BS Raftery — noticed. Then bring up the boundless academic scandal. Then ask how many Carmichael scholars ever played hoops.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

OT, but wasn’t there a Texas Tech foot out of bounds that cost us last year, too?

Comment

• SorenTodd45
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
                            https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401168261
                            One must never underestimate the magic that is "The Kennel".

Comment

• Bocco
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

UNC 73
                              GU 84
                              The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• Zagceo
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

the most lopsided loss in UNC history..... Zags by 44

LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT
                                43 at Lynchburg Elks, Feb. 20, 1915 (20-63)

Comment

Working...
                                X